Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dunk - Refusing to play?

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Had anyone stopped to think that maybe, just maybe, the record signing defender that captained his previous side may actually be better than Dunk?
It would have been good to have the German guy and Dunk playing together though.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
The rest of the subs are warming up. Dunk is with them but going through the motions by the looks of it. I think he's been inducted into the Liam Bridcutt hall of twats.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
A

Yes, Greer is starting, my point was in answer to the previous post, that club captains don't ever get dropped . Gerrard, although in his last season (as Greer may be ) was dropped (rested) on numerous occasions last season, and he was far more iconic for the scouses
Than Greer will ever be for us

Greer was never going to sit on the bench if fit. It was always going to be Dunk sitting it out. SG was always going to be rested over a long season. As it happens he played the in the first dozen or so league games. You may have a point that Greer needs a rest but not after only a couple of games.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Dunk is with them but going through the motions by the looks of it. I think he's been inducted into the Liam Bridcutt hall of twats.
T'is a strange thing to say after last Friday's MotM performance.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The thread was about Dunk refusing to play, not about the possibility of him being sold anyway. If we've already spent the Dunk money in advance, then we've already decided to sell him, so why would he then refuse to play? It doesn't make sense.

If he's on the brink of a £££ move, then maybe he doesn't want to jeapordise it by picking up an injury. Or maybe he's just come out with the old favourite - "my heads not in the right place".

Like everyone else, I don't know for sure that he's REFUSED to play, but its what I heard, and I'm not the only one.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Dunk didn't come on 2nd half despite the goal being under siege. I let everyone make their own conclusions on that. I think he's offski though, hope we get a good fee.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If he's on the brink of a £££ move, then maybe he doesn't want to jeapordise it by picking up an injury. Or maybe he's just come out with the old favourite - "my heads not in the right place".
If he's on the brink of a £££ move, I suspect we don't want to jeopardise it either. And if we were selling him, he wouldn't be annoyed with us.

Like everyone else, I don't know for sure that he's REFUSED to play, but its what I heard, and I'm not the only one.
And I don't know different. I'm just saying that if it's true, it probably means we haven't agreed to sell him yet, so can't have spent the Dunk money already.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Dunk didn't come on 2nd half despite the goal being under siege. I let everyone make their own conclusions on that. I think he's offski though, hope we get a good fee.

It sounded as if he was going to until Stephens need to come off, in foresight, thank god JFC came on instead of Dunk.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here