Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dunk - Refusing to play?

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
If Dunk was refusing to play he wouldn't be on the coach.
If Dunk's sale was imminent he wouldn't be risked on the bench (injury picked up in training ???)
Dunk is most likely to be on the bench because CH believes all the talk may have effected his concentration

As you were

Totally this, players that are involved in an actual transfer negotiation get a niggle or knock, they don't get picked for the bench.

Being on the bench shows that this thread is bull.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
That bit I agree with but after a man of the match performance last week you don't drop him for footballing reasons (IMO)

Hughton has to pick those whose mind are 100% focused, maybe he feels the speculation around Dunk and Fulham may effect his game a bit in this one.

Tuesday's line up will be the interesting one.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Most good CB pairings have one 'die for' CB and one 'thoughtful graceful' CB. Think Ferdinand & Vidic, Hyppia and Henchoz etc. I think Uwe & Greer is a better partnership.

Though Uwe has been described as a younger Greer type of CB

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
If Dunk is leaving I'm excited to see who the club are going to bring in, the signings thus far have been of a very good standard, the same would be expected again.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Totally this, players that are involved in an actual transfer negotiation get a niggle or knock, they don't get picked for the bench.

Being on the bench shows that this thread is bull.

Sadly it doesn't.

Dunk is there as emergency backup today in case of an injury or a red - his replacement is starting. We've spent the Dunk money in advance this week.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Rumour I have been told, Fulham have offered him in excess of £20k per week. Can't or nor should we compete with that.

Are clubs allowed to make such offers if bids haven't been accepted ?

Look at it this way... when does this club spend £1.8 million on a centre back (or whatever it was) who wont be a starter? There is no way also we would spend that money to replace a player who is captain and plastered on the front of our stadium. I would think Dunk is off. If the swap/cash deal with Newcastle is a goer then brilliant, we get a player with over 150 PL game experience.

Yes, we lose another prospect but we can't stop these players leaving. At least this time we wont have let them leave for peanuts i.e. Elphick/Cook. If Dunk goes this season will still be a good one, I am sure of that.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Sadly it doesn't.

Dunk is there as emergency backup today in case of an injury or a red - his replacement is starting. We've spent the Dunk money in advance this week.
The thread was about Dunk refusing to play, not about the possibility of him being sold anyway. If we've already spent the Dunk money in advance, then we've already decided to sell him, so why would he then refuse to play? It doesn't make sense.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here