Dunk - Refusing to play?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I dont think we got the german for long term greer replacement or to warm the subs bench. Dunk to leave, big money, a good chunk of which has already been invested. Two more to come in, probably loans. There. Done

Greyrun

Feb 23, 2009
I dont think we got the german for long term greer replacement or to warm the subs bench. Dunk to leave, big money, a good chunk of which has already been invested. Two more to come in, probably loans. There. Done

Agree Everton,Newcastle or Fulham?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Does it suggest we've agreed a sale, to be announced after the game?

There are three possibilities:

- He starts
- He's a sub
- He's not in the 18

I'm not sure we could read anything definite in any of them.

The second or third could simply mean that Hughton considers his mind not fully focused, for example, which would be quite understandable I think.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
according to an article on Fulham fans forum they are bidding for a defender from Brentford after "missing out on Lewis Dunk"

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
There are three possibilities:

- He starts
- He's a sub
- He's not in the 18

I'm not sure we could read anything definite in any of them.

The second or third could simply mean that Hughton considers his mind not fully focused, for example, which would be quite understandable I think.
I think the biggest surprise/bonus will be if he starts. If Hughton is in any doubt about Dunk's focus I'm pretty sure he'd bench him, especially with Uwe now here.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
according to an article on Fulham fans forum they are bidding for a defender from Brentford after "missing out on Lewis Dunk"

Hope they're right. Stay put or Prem for Dunky....

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I think the biggest surprise/bonus will be if he starts. If Hughton is in any doubt about Dunk's focus I'm pretty sure he'd bench him, especially with Uwe now here.

Agreed. If I were to bet I'd be going for the "bench" option, but I have no inside information behind that.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I hate rumours like these. For what it's worth, I can't see Dunky throwing his toys out of the pram a la Bridcutt.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If he wants to go he wants to go. Fair play to the lad. 90% of this board would do the same for their family if offered double or triple their current salary at another job.
If there was no prospect of an increase here most would want to take the pay rise, but that doesn't mean we'd refuse to play, that's a different ball game.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Hunemeier looking likely to start based on his comments on Twitter so guess it's goodbye Lewis and we are no further forward in developing the squad :shrug:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Hunemeier looking likely to start based on his comments on Twitter so guess it's goodbye Lewis and we are no further forward in developing the squad :shrug:

Dunks money will of funded his replacement , Murphy and hemed so can't mind that .

Did / does anyone really think we've splashed 4m this week from a budget that isn't involving selling players . Would be great to think so and shows bloom going for it but let's be realistic . It's unlikely .

Dunk going we can still get a cb and another winger/ striker . It's still good and dunk isn't / won't be the coming of the Lord . With the media frenzy it Seems to of turned him above what he is . . . A decent championship standard English cb

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Did / does anyone really think we've splashed 4m this week from a budget that isn't involving selling players . Would be great to think so and shows bloom going for it but let's be realistic . It's unlikely .
If we had to sell Dunk to fund those players, I'd think we'd sell him first. We haven't accepted a bid for him yet, but we've already gone through the bidding process, player negotiations, medicals etc of these other players, which suggests we don't have to sell him.

Dunk going we can still get a cb and another winger/ striker
Indeed, if he goes we could have enough to strengthen elsewhere too, we aren't necessarily relying on his sale for the work already done.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Dunks money will of funded his replacement , Murphy and hemed so can't mind that .

Dunk going we can still get a cb and another winger/ striker . It's still good and dunk isn't / won't be the coming of the Lord . With the media frenzy it Seems to of turned him above what he is . . . A decent championship standard English cb

The bonus money from Ulloa covered Murphy plus Bobby's extra wages, Buckley's fee covers Hunemeier and Hemed. Why do we need to sell Dunk to finance anything? I've not even mentioned the Barnes, Bridcutt or main Ulloa fees.

And if we sell anyone, sure we sell JFC first?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports