Jul 17, 2010
13th district
hearsay?
or heresy?

hearsay300.jpg

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
If he wants to go he wants to go. Fair play to the lad. 90% of this board would do the same for their family if offered double or triple their current salary at another job.

Northstandfan

Dec 14, 2014
Mid sussex
Its hardly De Gea is it ? He was man of the match last Friday sliding about the pitch like there was no tomorrow. And played a hefty part in the Sevilla victory.
This whole thread has already been debunked anyway. He's on the coach and in the squad for Fulham according to several witnesses /sources and the club have publicly hinted likewise.

They might sell him, who knows, but thankfully no player strikes or wrapping him in cotton wool just yet.

Dunk has been at the Albion since he was a kid, he's a local lad born and raised in Brighton area as well as being an Albion fan. If it happens and he does leave it will be 2 ways, 1) because the Albion want to cash in and they tell him to go (which I dont think they will do) or a premier league team make an offer and he chooses to go (I believe Newcastle are interested) he will not go to Fulham for money as it is certainly not a step forward.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I wouldn't be surprised if he's in the squad but doesn't start. Those two posts didn't contradict each other.

I think he will play tomorrow. I don't have any knowledge or anything like that. I just think if he hasn't been sold, the Manager will speak to him and say something along the lines of '' look you have to be professional and be seen to be professional and you wont do yourself any favours if you don't play and anyone looking at the situation from the outside might not want to touch you if you do something like that because they will be thinking he is capable of doing it to them in the future'' I also don't think he has refused to play anyhow - I don't think we will ever know for sure on this one though

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It's disappointing to see nothing but a rumour about a player refusing to play reaching a major forum such as this. Especially if he doesn't play for other reasons.

From what I can read, my concern is the 'for other reasons'. I really hope he stays.

I was told about the Marshall/Murphy situation at the end of last week and it has turned out to be true. The same, properly reliable, source suggested that Lewis Dunk is by no means guaranteed to stay. I just hope the club can hold on to him.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
The situation with Dunk is that he is more than happy to stay here provided we offer him an improved contract. He has seen how much he can earn with a move to Fulham, if we're not prepared to offer similar then he wants to leave. Can hardly blame him as he will triple his wages with them, it is a financial decision. He is enjoying playing for the Albion at the moment, but he knows the money he can earn with a move. It's a shame but it's the way football works. FWIW, I think we should offer him close to what Fulham are. We'll only end up paying it for one season because he'll be off in the summer if we don't go up - and if we do go up he'll have fully deserved the pay-rise.

My source is as good as it gets. I'll verify with [MENTION=3566]hans kraay fan club[/MENTION] if need be.

No reason to disbelieve but you my question is this. If we haven't accepted a bid from Fulham how does he know they'll triple his wages?

I'm guessing the answer must be that someone at Fulham tells his agent "we'll pay him this much if he signs" - but if they do that, it doesn't leave them any room for negotiation if and when they do actually sit down to thrash out a contract.

Or is it that all the players on Fulham earn on average three times what our players do and that is well-known in football?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here