Dunk - Refusing to play?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

dr415414

May 6, 2015
Sky Sports saying tonight that Fulham have gazumped QPR for the signing of centre half Tim Ream from Bolton. I'd say that means they've given up on LD not that I thought he'd ever sign for them anyway.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Sky Sports saying tonight that Fulham have gazumped QPR for the signing of centre half Tim Ream from Bolton. I'd say that means they've given up on LD not that I thought he'd ever sign for them anyway.

Hopefully it puts this little rumour to bed now then

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
Don't shoot the messenger but I've heard that he might not play at Fulham, and possibly refused to play tuesday.
Uwe starts tomorrow.

Regarding the refusal, I've actually heard something very very similar which suggests we might have the same point of contact. However, I take anything with a pinch of salt until the time arrives.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Regarding the refusal, I've actually heard something very very similar which suggests we might have the same point of contact.
Please tell me it's a man, and that he has at least one grandson.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I'll never really understand why there's such an expectation towards loyalty in football over any other place of employment, at least where it comes to trying to guess a player's mentality anyway.

It probably goes without saying that if I were offered the chance to play for the Albion I'd do it regardless of wage, but as a fan who can only dream of that happening, my perspective is somewhat screwy.

Outside of that small, highly unlikely, scenario, I've been working for the same company for a decade and can honestly say that if someone offered to triple my wages (or whatever the rumour for Dunk is) I wouldn't hesitate to take it, nor would I feel like I've betrayed the company, they've paid me for 10 years and I've done the job asked. I wouldn't withhold my labour to force the move, but then I wouldn't need to.

Even when you look at the most famous one-club men (Terry, Giggs etc) of the modern game, they've tended to be one of (if not the) highest paid players in the squad. Steven Gerrard was the same, until his club decided that he was surplus to requirements regardless of his loyalty so it can even be a two-way street from time to time.

Emotion has a part in the game, (as it should) and I wish it counted for more, but the reality is that the money will always talk.

Would you be happy to see out your contract though?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Is there a scenario where Dunk has tried to force a move, but Fulham have looked elsewhere, making Lewis look rather foolish?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports