Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dunk red blessing in disguise?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Hate to say it as I really rate him, but he's a ****ing idiot. To make a challenge like that when already on a yellow defies belief.

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
It could be difficult as both Greer and Goldson like to play on the right side of Center defence.

Do not want them wrong footed ior out of position too much

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Don't get me wrong, I really rate Lewis as a centre back and after some shaky games earlier in the season he has been excellent at the back in some tough games. However, I always feel like in the big games and the big moments he is somewhat over exuberant and can make some extremely rash decisions. Expecting a flaming, but with Greer's experience feel like it could be a good thing to have our club captain back in the side.

I said as much in a thread last night.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Hate to say it as I really rate him, but he's a ****ing idiot. To make a challenge lik.e that when already on a yellow defies belief.

Yes it was but he was put on a spot by a bad loss of the ball on the edge of the area by Lua Lua thus exposing him. For all his good attacking intent that is a common fault with Lua Lua defending A ready made capable replacement that would have been more noticeable had it been Hemed or Knockaert or even Rosenior.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I'm still fuming about this.

I'm not sure whether I'm more shocked by the stupidity of the tackle or the weird football phenomenon that is APPLAUDING a player who has just let the whole club down. Bizarre.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I've said this on another thread, but it bears repeating: in 1979 we went to the north-east on the last day without our best defender (Mark Lawrenson had broken his arm), won 3-1 and were promoted.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
If it doesn't come off on Sat, please no witch hunt on Dunk please. He f**ked up and will be feeling so low, need to move on and deal with it

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
Only read 1st 2 pages of this thread so I apologise if its been said. For me Dunk is a big miss in a game we must win. Not just for his defending but also for his goalscoring. We need as many options as possible to score from. Dunk is a huge threat scoring from set pieces etc. Top scorer last season remember.
Big miss. That said we can still do this. Especailly late in game as they sit back for a draw and we have all attacking options on. Shit or bust they wont know whats hit em.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Lewis Dunk has had a brilliant season for us and I hope we can keep him, Premiership Money will be in for him if we do or do not go up. These tackles are a small part of his game and like Ashley Barnes look like he struggles to manage that part, but its part of the same drive that makes him a great player for us,

I hope the team can get us promoted for you and the Mark Lawrenson comparison at Newcastle is a good one.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
If need be he can make up for it at Wembley. We've got two bites at the cherry remember. I'm by no means dunk's biggest fan (I'd cash in) but if we don't get promoted it's not the fault of one individual at all #together

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I've said this on another thread, but it bears repeating: in 1979 we went to the north-east on the last day without our best defender (Mark Lawrenson had broken his arm), won 3-1 and were promoted.

Newcastle had nothing to play for did they? Similar scenario but with a massive twist in that it's an all or nothing game for both teams and we are underdogs.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The only Premier clubs that MAY come in for him would be the lower ones like Palace Bournemouth etc. So would he be better off wage wise probably, game wise regularly out not sure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here