Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Duncan MacArthur

Albion Rob

I see Eastbourne Boro have signed the former Albion prospect.

If Garry Wilson can straighten him out then maybe we could have another look. He would probably have still been at the Albion now if he hadn't pissed Micky Adams off.

Was a great prospect whose attitude screwed him, maybe it's not too late....

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The Auditor said:
loads of bookings & sendings of at hastings in recent seasons ...best avoided

Didnt he chin someone on his debut for Hatings and then did the same after he signed for another club?

He is a nut job.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Not so much a comment on the lad but why is it that when Micky Adams 'falls out' with players (McArthur, Matt Wicks, Silky Dave) he's regarded as a legend and when it happens to McGhee, he's a poor people manager?

I'm not saying that managers should tolerate a bad attitude/troublemaking from their players BTW. I think Adams and McGhee were both in the right - but why the double standards?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Gwylan said:
Not so much a comment on the lad but why is it that when Micky Adams 'falls out' with players (McArthur, Matt Wicks, Silky Dave) he's regarded as a legend and when it happens to McGhee, he's a poor people manager?

I'm not saying that managers should tolerate a bad attitude/troublemaking from their players BTW. I think Adams and McGhee were both in the right - but why the double standards?

Did Mcarthur fall out with Horton?

Gwylan said:

Because the players Adams fell out with proved themselves to be a bit crap, whereas McGhee's differences have been with players that have arguabley gone on to better things?

Not saying that's FACT, just an idea.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Safeway said:
Because the players Adams fell out with proved themselves to be a bit crap, whereas McGhee's differences have been with players that have arguabley gone on to better things?

Exactly. If you were hard work, but worth it, perhaps Adams would invest the time and effort, but if you're causing trouble AND he didn't particularly rate you then on yer bike. Quite right.

Adams = Legend.

:bowdown:

McGhee = let's just say he's struggling to be regarded in the same light.

Rowing with, and kicking out the players that we need to try and keep us up is not the sort of thing to do.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Safeway said:

Hmmm...there are three players who are often described as 'falling out with' McGhee.

Let's see: Knight went down a division

Kuipers and McGammon went out on loan: down two divisions and one division. I haven't seen masses of Prem and CC clubs chasing their signtures.

Doesn't look like much a theory to me.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Gwylan said:
Hmmm...there are three players who are often described as 'falling out with' McGhee.

Let's see: Knight went down a division

Kuipers and McGammon went out on loan: down two divisions and one division. I haven't seen masses of Prem and CC clubs chasing their signtures.

Doesn't look like much a theory to me.

Knight playing in a team for Promotion chasers in a brand spanking new ground.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Kinky Gerbils said:
Knight playing in a team for Promotion chasers in a brand spanking new ground.

Still in the same division as Brighton though.

When he's in a promotion-chasing CC team, then I'll accept there's some truth in the theory but I remain sceptical.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
I was at Hastings with Duncan for a while and he is a top lad. Calmed down a lot in recent years but maybe lost a bit of spark with it. Hope he does well at Boro.

dunno

Old Skool
Jul 6, 2003
At work - probably
Gwylan said:

Good point Gwylan - although wasn't it Peter Taylor that fell out with Matt Wicks?? - he shipped him off to Hull in exchange for the brilliant midfielder that was David Lee!! A mate of mine knows one of Wicks' family and he said he was enjoying his time at Hull.....until a certain Mr Taylor walked through the door as manager!!! Wicks looked great with DC for a while and there was talk of him going to Wolves!!!!!

Last edited:

dcseagull

Dec 8, 2005
Washington DC
Does anyone know what the fall out with Adams was about?

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Wasn't it something to do with. being man of the match in a 3-3 draw down at Plymouth while Hinsh was caretaker manager.MA then took over and dropped him?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
dcseagull said:
Does anyone know what the fall out with Adams was about?

rumours were abound that mcarthur tried to chin him

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here