Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Dryrobe 'culture war': which side are you on?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Slobs are us attire. For those that can’t dress themselves. Usually have half a dozen screaming kids in tow, wearing tracky bottoms and food stained sweatshirts. Helps them get ready for prison I guess…

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
I've seen a few parents wearing them on the school run recently... in Felbridge, Surrey. A county without a coast.

It's a no from me, in the same category as Crocs, wearing Sliders with Nike sports socks, and going sockless with ankle length overly tight trousers and a pair of Mince Trotters*

* © Modern Toss, Brighton
Sliders with the sports socks seems to be a look beloved of a lot of football players.

That tight ankle length smart trouser look with no socks and loafers should be an arrestable offence!

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
I've seen a few parents wearing them on the school run recently... in Felbridge, Surrey. A county without a “o”.

It's a no from me, in the same category as Crocs, wearing Sliders with Nike sports socks, and going sockless with ankle length overly tight trousers and a pair of Mince Trotters*

* © Modern Toss, Brighton
Fixed it.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
They are wonderful. I do a lot of wild swimming and they are brilliant for getting changed afterwards. Bollocks to the haters 🤣
Just remember next time you wear it...we are judging you if you are more than 200m from the shore.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Two years on and I'm STILL not fussed, what people wear - it if fits the activity. I've got an AMAZING Henry Lloyd sailing jacket and I've not been near a boat for years. It keeps me warm on dry land and that's all I'm worried about!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Two years on and I'm STILL not fussed, what people wear - it if fits the activity. I've got an AMAZING Henry Lloyd sailing jacket and I've not been near a boat for years. It keeps me warm on dry land and that's all I'm worried about!
Must be a fake, it’s Henri Lloyd :smile:

100 times better looking than a Dry Robe
IMG_1355.jpeg

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Got one for my birthday last October and I’ve worn it to most matches ever since - fantastic bit of kit

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
They are wonderful. I do a lot of wild swimming and they are brilliant for getting changed afterwards. Bollocks to the haters 🤣
WTF is 'wild swimming'? Are there creartures to contend with? Crocs? Sea snakes? Pirhanas?

FWLIW I see people on the beach with them swimming in the sea mid winter. . . I get it, in order to walk a few hundred metres home to shower . .

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
WTF is 'wild swimming'? Are there creartures to contend with? Crocs? Sea snakes? Pirhanas?

FWLIW I see people on the beach with them swimming in the sea mid winter. . . I get it, in order to walk a few hundred metres home to shower . .
My girlfriend found the concept of "wild swimming" hilarious when it was mentioned on a UK show we were watching. Everyone goes swimming in lakes in the summer in Canada. It's just called "swimming".

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
Blimey, it's nice to see this thread again.

I'll share this with you dryrobe haters and lovers as well:

I'm seeing more around as well, including a mum and son in matching camo Dryrobes going to see Fulham. Maybe they'd been for a dip in Thames beforehand?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Blimey, it's nice to see this thread again.

I'll share this with you dryrobe haters and lovers as well:

I'm seeing more around as well, including a mum and son in matching camo Dryrobes going to see Fulham. Maybe they'd been for a dip in Thames beforehand?

Posted the YouTube video of that in this thread last month.

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022

Yeah sometimes. Shoals of fish, there was jellyfish last summer, bloody ducks and swans to keep away from.

They are really useful in winter, hypothermia is a big danger and they help prevent that because you can get changed under them and keep warm/out of the wind whilst you do so.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here