Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Dryrobe 'culture war': which side are you on?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Was lashing it down in the post-match train queue. Almost wish I’d worn mine.
Well on my way home by then (after the final whistle).

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton

Attachments

• IMG-20220213-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20220213-WA0000.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 110

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Some coats I’ve had down the years have said waterproof but they just haven’t been.
These dryrobes, when I get in from a rainy dog walk, the rain drop are like little pearls that just roll off the coat. Absolutely worth the investment. Not sure I’m going to give it back to the wife. Hers is the grey/black camo with black fleece lining. Amazing coat

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Some coats I’ve had down the years have said waterproof but they just haven’t been.
These dryrobes, when I get in from a rainy dog walk, the rain drop are like little pearls that just roll off the coat. Absolutely worth the investment. Not sure I’m going to give it back to the wife. Hers is the grey/black camo with black fleece lining. Amazing coat
I have got a fjallraven coat that is very waterproof, I bought mine in a sale 5+ years back.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
The idea is good . You can buy either coats that do a similar thing , ie keep you dry . M and S do a properly waterproof coat .

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
I have a towelling version which I only wear indoors. It has blue and white vertical stripes.

LU7 RED

Nov 5, 2010
Leighton Buzzard
Should only really be worn post activity. These have snuck their way into cross country over the last couple of years, bit of a 'middle class stamp' really.

I think they came from the winter/wild swimming scene first, then spread.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Not my cup of tea and should remain in the beach/wild swimming situation. For effective waterproof jackets I'd rather plum for a premium brand like Rab.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I am not a swim in the sea in all seasons type wanker or wear a dry robe after wanker but getting there. !!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here