Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Drones spotted at LGW.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You’ll be able to get to Lakeside quicker when the second Thames tunnel is built just north of Rochester, as well as seeing Albion away games at Roots Hall and the Colchester Lego Stadium with ease.

Progress.

Brilliant!

So, when do you think we'll be back in Division 3 (old money)? 'Gonna fight fight fight for the Albion, till we win division three' as those North Stand ruffians used to sing, as I stood, unimpressed, on the west terrace, reading the programme and wondering when my old man would shut up about how poor Harry Wilson is.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The Police Know nothing. Nerds know more. Military grade @ chicken run) is inappropriate, my son has a dji drone.

Battery life is a limiter . . . .but many can carry weight, therefore spare batteries. . . It's s such a simple thing. Apart from the program/control. . . . I'm a mechanical engineer not a geek!

Mechanics is so 18th century. I need the opinion of a quantum engineer.

:rolleyes::lolol::kiss:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
You missed the bit I said about IF they’re green activists...and I thought they said the drones were a lot bigger and more sophisticated than that?

Nah....I’m just staggered that something so simple has caused so much disruption and we seem to be unable to do anything about it.

If I was at Gatwick now, simply pointed at the window and shouted ‘look, a drone’ 200 flights would be affected.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The Police Know nothing. Nerds know more. Military grade @ chicken run) is inappropriate, my son has a dji drone.

Battery life is a limiter . . . .but many can carry weight, therefore spare batteries. . . It's s such a simple thing. Apart from the program/control. . . . I'm a mechanical engineer not a geek!
Having bought Jnr a drone for Christmas I was rummaging around YouTube looking at general stuff about it.

One vid had blokes son really enjoying the same gadget.
He then said 'and look how easy it is to increase the battery life'.

There's me thinking this'll be handy.

Geek then starts playing around with his computer, then saying

'now all we have to do is send this off to my 3-D printer and after a little bit of soldering the drone will be able to hold more powerful batteries'.

Easy-peasy. :facepalm:

Yep. 10 years. Go straight to jail. No court case.
Yeah, let's not bother making sure we've got the right culprits, or all of them (through bargaining).
Flightradar24 is fascinating to watch.........for example BA2769 appears to have left Jersey 10 hours late, got close to Gatwick, circled for a bit and now appears to be heading to goodness knows where - possibly back to Jersey but looks low, so maybe even Bournemouth..........
Bloody hell! Tell me, has anyone worked out how many people on average are in the air at any one time? https://www.flightradar24.com/47.66,4.91/5
1545421610420.jpg

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Yeah, let's not bother making sure we've got the right culprits, or all of them (through bargaining).
Bloody hell! Tell me, has anyone worked out how many people on average are in the air at any one time? https://www.flightradar24.com/47.66,4.91/5
View attachment 103172

Article on this a while back.....19,000 planes in the air at one point (the record keeps getting broken). I guess maybe an average of 200 per plane.......

https://www.independent.co.uk/trave...affic-aviation-busiest-day-june-a8428451.html

Brilliant!

So, when do you think we'll be back in Division 3 (old money)? 'Gonna fight fight fight for the Albion, till we win division three' as those North Stand ruffians used to sing, as I stood, unimpressed, on the west terrace,
... to hell with Aston Villa, to hell with Notts County! I think the other promotion - chasing club that season was Bournemouth and Boscombe Athletic, which accounts for their omission from that song!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

To be fair, you sound a bit geeky (like the sort of bloke who would try to keep a Lotus Cortina Mk 1 running), and Geeks are easy, just find a better geek

I have to say, I think there is something more to this

(cue two spotty 13 year olds being arrested in Langley Green :wink:)

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
To be fair, you sound a bit geeky (like the sort of bloke who would try to keep a Lotus Cortina Mk 1 running), and Geeks are easy, just find a better geek

I have to say, I think there is something more to this

(cue two spotty 13 year olds being arrested in Langley Green :wink:)

Heathrow Airport was behind this .... making sure Gatwick stay firmly no 2.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
If it was someone protesting about the environment, I hope their drone is solar-powered, or at least runs on the organic tears of those whose Christmas has been ruined by all of this.

Even more bizarre is how they think this will help their cause: the stranded passengers will have to get from A to B somehow. Whether they take a train, or a car, or coach or ferry, they will still need to complete their journeys. Whether they travel yesterday or next Monday, the holidays and family visits and business trips will still happen; it's just inevitable. In fact, with all the diversions taking place, the amount of CO2 and miles being racked up by this chaos is only going to increase over the short term. The mind boggles are their idiocy, which is why I doubt it's climate activists. It's either state-sponsored sabotage, or someone lone nut with serious beef against the airport itself.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Are the team supposed to be flying to Bournemouth? :jester:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Nah....I’m just staggered that something so simple has caused so much disruption and we seem to be unable to do anything about it.

If I was at Gatwick now, simply pointed at the window and shouted ‘look, a drone’ 200 flights would be affected.

It’s a fair point and I can’t say I disagree. My only insight to this world is once upon a time I did a Civil Aviation security course and we got to listen to real IRA bomb threats along with amateur ones, the later we discovered are ridiculously frequent. The authorities consequently get a feel for what’s genuine and not. Otherwise nothing would ever take off. I’m guessing they’re right now drawing up those guidelines for drone threats

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

In fairness you could do that about anything, suspicious bag/person/container.

These 'professional' drones are quite something, the perpetrator could be as much as a couple of miles away with a full view of not only the effect it's having but what's being done to stop it (or not in this case).

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
In fairness you could do that about anything, suspicious bag/person/container.

These 'professional' drones are quite something, the perpetrator could be as much as a couple of miles away with a full view of not only the effect it's having but what's being done to stop it (or not in this case).

If they’re ‘military grade’ as some are quoting they could be in Australia operating them from a laptop..........

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here