Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Drones spotted at LGW.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
nipped out in Shoreham an hour ago for a few liquid essentials, and noticed a lot of lights in the sky.

TBH, I know it's monumentally disruptive and upsetting for people what want/can afford to fly places, but I find it quite amusing how what's effectively a ****ing nerd with a remote control flying toy has spasticated half the country.

Taking back control! This country couldn't win a game of draughts let along anything serious or vaguely important.

The police said was it wasn’t that scenario. Instead drones (plural), of an espensive industrial type due to their long battery life and quite possibly operated from a long way away after the hardware was dropped off.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
nipped out in Shoreham an hour ago for a few liquid essentials, and noticed a lot of lights in the sky.

TBH, I know it's monumentally disruptive and upsetting for people what want/can afford to fly places, but I find it quite amusing how what's effectively a ****ing nerd with a remote control flying toy has spasticated half the country.

Taking back control! This country couldn't win a game of draughts let along anything serious or vaguely important.

Regretfully IMO we are not talking about a geek here!

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
The maximum possible sentence is five years. The government could change the law but it can't be applied retrospectively.

And we've not yet reached the stage where people are denied the right to a trial

Yes I realise the maximum sentence is 5 years. I was responding to someone saying 5 years isn't enough. 10 years is what it should be. As for the other part who cares.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
The police said was it wasn’t that scenario. Instead drones (plural), of an espensive industrial type due to their long battery life and quite possibly operated from a long way away after the hardware was dropped off.

they're obviously extremely confident that they won't get collared

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
There must be a clay pigeon club in Sussex who could take it down with a shot gun.
Couldn't the Duke of Sussex (ex-military and all that) step up to defend his new county? Give him something to do too, now that Meghan's stopped him joining the annual family shoot.

Failing that, Grandpa Philip could have a go. Put feathers on it, and that drone wouldn't stand a chance.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
TBH, I know it's monumentally disruptive and upsetting for people what want/can afford to fly places, but I find it quite amusing how what's effectively a ****ing nerd with a remote control flying toy has ****** half the country.
Please edit your post, your language is offensive and unacceptable.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Please edit your post, your language is offensive and unacceptable.
Regretfully IMO we are not talking about a geek here!
Please edit the post you quoted to save a mod having to do it.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
They should hire whoever is behind it obviously very clever outwitting the authorities.
I can't imagine it's that difficult to fly a drone in a large area without people knowing where or who you are.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
There’s a bit of me of me laughing at our precious inter connected, globalised world in all this. We’re so arrogant about our climate, our environments, our insatiable appetite for wanting more and the expectation and entitlement that goes with it. Incidents like this remind me that it is indeed a crazy world, where we ‘hop’ on a plane to visit ‘Santa’ in his ‘own country’ or expect to simply ‘pop over’ to visit friends and family on other continents at a whim; or commute between countries and drink bottled water from elsewhere in the world when local tap stuff is fine...and any number of other absurdities we take as normal these days. We’ve all become a bit spoilt, demanding and frankly self centred taking cheap air travel for granted alongside flawless service when it really is remarkable each and every day. If it is green activists, there’s a bit of me saluting them for reminding us none of this is sustainable and times running out. Because let’s face it, governments and most of us aren’t doing nearly enough to tackle climate change as Sir David recently said.

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
There’s a bit of me of me laughing at our precious inter connected, globalised world in all this. We’re so arrogant about our climate, our environments, our insatiable appetite for wanting more and the expectation and entitlement that goes with it. Incidents like this remind me that it is indeed a crazy world, where we ‘hop’ on a plane to visit ‘Santa’ in his ‘own country’ or expect to simply ‘pop over’ to visit friends and family on other continents at a whim; or commute between countries and drink bottled water from elsewhere in the world when local tap stuff is fine...and any number of other absurdities we take as normal these days. We’ve all become a bit spoilt, demanding and frankly self centred taking cheap air travel for granted and service to be flawless when it really is an incredible thing each and every day. If it is green activists, there’s a bit of me saluting them for reminding us none of this is sustainable and times running out. Because let’s face it, governments and most of us aren’t doing nearly enough to tackle climate change as Sir David recently said.

....potentially all brought to a grinding halt by two spotty teenagers in a bedroom in Crawley and a thing they got from Toys R Us with their pocket money

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
That’s my thinking, specifically an anti Gatwick issue, with no where else targeted. I work with people who live in the rejigged flight paths over Uckfield/Crowborough/T.Wells/Lingfield, and apparently it’s the same west of Gatwick ... a mass loathing of Gatwick and the cocky Geordie CEO Wingate. Very organised middle-class protest organisations, firing off emails and letters complaining and more.

I have gently mentioned to some, that they too fly in and out of Gatwick far more than they used to.

I have to say that I regard BoJo as the second biggest UK dick head politician of the 21st century (after the clown Cameron, and just above the demented old communist, Jezza) but I would happily doff my hat to Boris Island if a new airport was built just off the coast here.

The value of my house would go through the roof and when I die of apoplexy or boredom in the next few years, Mrs T and the nippers would be able to Cash In. Meanwile, as I go increasingly deaf and senile, I could wave at these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m13bD8qolwU

ps Hello to Mr Chicken, blocked and apparently maligned (OK, I referred to him as 'chicken shit', mea culpa) posting above. If you have been offended, I apologise. Albeit, I hope you'll be relaxed about the fact that you're staying on Ignore. Dunno why. Can't remember. It just 'is'.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
....potentially all brought to a grinding halt by two spotty teenagers in a bedroom in Crawley and a thing they got from Toys R Us with their pocket money

You missed the bit I said about IF they’re green activists...and I thought they said the drones were a lot bigger and more sophisticated than that?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
There’s a bit of me of me laughing at our precious inter connected, globalised world in all this. We’re so arrogant about our climate, our environments, our insatiable appetite for wanting more and the expectation and entitlement that goes with it. Incidents like this remind me that it is indeed a crazy world, where we ‘hop’ on a plane to visit ‘Santa’ in his ‘own country’ or expect to simply ‘pop over’ to visit friends and family on other continents at a whim; or commute between countries and drink bottled water from elsewhere in the world when local tap stuff is fine...and any number of other absurdities we take as normal these days. We’ve all become a bit spoilt, demanding and frankly self centred taking cheap air travel for granted and service to be flawless when it really is an incredible thing each and every day. If it is green activists, there’s a bit of me saluting them for reminding us none of this is sustainable and times running out. Because let’s face it, governments and most of us aren’t doing nearly enough to tackle climate change as Sir David recently said.

quite right, should make air travel the preserve of the wealthy, businessmen, gentry only. come to think of it, same applies to cars, polluting the place just so people can pop to the shops, pop off to nearby towns for evening out, see family other side of the county or country as an when.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I have to say that I regard BoJo as the second biggest UK dick head politician of the 21st century (after the clown Cameron, and just above the demented old communist, Jezza) but I would happily doff my hat to Boris Island if a new airport was built just off the coast here.

The value of my house would go through the roof and when I die of apoplexy or boredom in the next few years, Mrs T and the nippers would be able to Cash In. Meanwile, as I go increasingly deaf and senile, I could wave at these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m13bD8qolwU

You’ll be able to get to Lakeside quicker when the second Thames tunnel is built just north of Rochester, as well as seeing Albion away games at Roots Hall and the Colchester Lego Stadium with ease.

Progress.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
The Police Know nothing. Nerds know more. Military grade @ chicken run) is inappropriate, my son has a dji drone.

Battery life is a limiter . . . .but many can carry weight, therefore spare batteries. . . It's s such a simple thing. Apart from the program/control. . . . I'm a mechanical engineer not a geek!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here