Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Drinkers break Amex record

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Apparently the local brewery for Crystal Palace refused to provide any Surrey Ale for the away fans in the South stand as the club only paid five percent of their last bill. Can anyone confirm if it's true that Tony Bloom was seen in Hollingbury Asda on Saturday,emptying the shelves of Asda value special brew to be served as a alternative local ale for the away supporters. Just a rumour I heard.:drink::drink::drink:

Harvey's was sold in the Palace End? My Palace mates are happy that's what they drink in the Heath.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
The club must make a lot of profit on tea couple of pence for the tea bag and few pence for milk and sugar and hot water?
It would be nice to know a total turnover and it's helping the club to close the 8 million loss?

Titus

Come on!
Feb 21, 2010
Up here on the left.
I know we're told that the numbers are high on a 'per fan' basis compared to other football grounds, but I'm also surprised we average around one pint per adult (or a bit less) at our very peak. I know there will be drivers and bizarre tee-totallers etc, but if I was guessing blindly, I'd be going a lot higher than 18,000.

Don't forget that the figure is just for pints. It won't include all the bottles.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The club must make a lot of profit on tea couple of pence for the tea bag and few pence for milk and sugar and hot water?
It would be nice to know a total turnover and it's helping the club to close the 8 million loss?

The 8 million loss has already been severely reduced by the transport levy and the AMEX shirt sponsorship.

Booting out Azure no doubt also will have a big hit on it, and you are right it would be great to know the figures.

Next move Stand Sponsorships.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
How much does the Albion make on programmes the cost should all be profit as the adverts should pay for printing?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Apparently the local brewery for Crystal Palace refused to provide any Surrey Ale for the away fans in the South stand as the club only paid five percent of their last bill. Can anyone confirm if it's true that Tony Bloom was seen in Hollingbury Asda on Saturday,emptying the shelves of Asda value special brew to be served as a alternative local ale for the away supporters. Just a rumour I heard.:drink::drink::drink:

The club doesn't buy the beer. The caterers do.

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
They should announce the beers drunk by 3pm stat when they list the attendance figure to give us something to aim for when we are close to the record again. I remember when we got beat at palace 5-0 they announced something along the lines of ‘all bars have been restocked to celebrate’ I was waiting for that announcement from us on Sunday ‘come on boys lets break the record of 15,000 beers drunk for the Arsenal game’ would have been excellent.
Anyway what a unique and amazing place we have at The Amex…we left at 4.30 what time did the drinking go on til ?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
They should announce the beers drunk by 3pm stat when they list the attendance figure to give us something to aim for when we are close to the record again. I remember when we got beat at palace 5-0 they announced something along the lines of ‘all bars have been restocked to celebrate’ I was waiting for that announcement from us on Sunday ‘come on boys lets break the record of 15,000 beers drunk for the Arsenal game’ would have been excellent.
Anyway what a unique and amazing place we have at The Amex…we left at 4.30 what time did the drinking go on til ?

I was in the NS concourse until it shut anyone around still at that time was completely wasted, I dont think i have ever sung for so long after the game.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Was London Pride available in ANY concourse. I am sure that I read that it was going to be as well as Guinness.

I would love to see London Pride being sold at the Amex or Timothy Taylors.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here