Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Drinkers break Amex record

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm surprised it wasn't more. I had 5 more than usual.

I know we're told that the numbers are high on a 'per fan' basis compared to other football grounds, but I'm also surprised we average around one pint per adult (or a bit less) at our very peak. I know there will be drivers and bizarre tee-totallers etc, but if I was guessing blindly, I'd be going a lot higher than 18,000.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
I done my bit;-)

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
I know we're told that the numbers are high on a 'per fan' basis compared to other football grounds, but I'm also surprised we average around one pint per adult (or a bit less) at our very peak. I know there will be drivers and bizarre tee-totallers etc, but if I was guessing blindly, I'd be going a lot higher than 18,000.

I think if the service was quicker we would sell more. For example, when I go and get a half time pie I only reach the front of the queue a minute or two before the second half is due to start. Although I would imagine after match service is a lot quicker (I've never stayed).

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I had 1 (one).......the 196 mile drive home was a factor.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
I am partly responsible for the low figure on pints sold. Drank whiskey instead, both neat and in bovril.

Aseros

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
Although I would imagine after match service is a lot quicker (I've never stayed).

Normally after a match you don't have to wait too long, a minute at most, normally straight away. Yesterday was completely different though, it was akin to before the match! 5-10 minute queues, then when working out they had sold out of beer, frantic run from kiosk to kiosk to locate more.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Normally after a match you don't have to wait too long, a minute at most, normally straight away. Yesterday was completely different though, it was akin to before the match! 5-10 minute queues, then when working out they had sold out of beer, frantic run from kiosk to kiosk to locate more.

There was a long wait in the North Stand (West end) after the game - it must have taken a good 20 minutes to get served. We did the double round thing to avoid having to queue again. That said, when [MENTION=449]Biffer[/MENTION] decided we all needed some wine for the road (rails) a short while later there was little or no queue.

I think you will find typical consumption reported by NSC posters is not representative of attendees as a whole. There are a lot of non beer drinkers who go to matches.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I wonder what the total fluid intake was.

18k pints, might seem odd on a one per person basis, although that doesn't take into account our high number of children.
#what about the children

But next to a high number of coffees, with a fair few teas hot chocolates and brovils, I think the beer total gets ever more impressive.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I had 7 pints in the ground, last handful out of the WSU and then into the north for a few more. Great singing going on in the northstand concorse. Then headed to town for a few more home by 7 after feeling a little worse for wear. However what a great day. The wallet will be hurting but not as much as my head was this morning.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
I wonder what the total fluid intake was.

18k pints, might seem odd on a one per person basis, although that doesn't take into account our high number of children.
#what about the children

But next to a high number of coffees, with a fair few teas hot chocolates and brovils, I think the beer total gets ever more impressive.

I had a coffee on arrival, pint after match & 2 kids each had a bottle of pop, if that helps your calculations. I was driving hence just the 1.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I had a coffee on arrival, pint after match & 2 kids each had a bottle of pop, if that helps your calculations. I was driving hence just the 1.
That looks remarkably familiar, are you sure you're not me!!?!!!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
There was a long wait in the North Stand (West end) after the game - it must have taken a good 20 minutes to get served. We did the double round thing to avoid having to queue again. That said, when [MENTION=449]Biffer[/MENTION] decided we all needed some wine for the road (rails) a short while later there was little or no queue.

Made the mistake of joining the 'Harveys and Kronenberg only' queue, which inexplicably actually took much longer than all the queues where you could order anything...

rdigs24

Southampton seagull
Jan 21, 2012
Southampton
@OfficialBHAFC via Twitter

A record 18,678 pints were drunk at the Amex on Sunday, beating the previous best of 15,500 for the Arsenal FA Cup tie by over 3,000! #BHAFC :drink::drink:

Apparently the local brewery for Crystal Palace refused to provide any Surrey Ale for the away fans in the South stand as the club only paid five percent of their last bill. Can anyone confirm if it's true that Tony Bloom was seen in Hollingbury Asda on Saturday,emptying the shelves of Asda value special brew to be served as a alternative local ale for the away supporters. Just a rumour I heard.:drink::drink::drink:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here