Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Drill Bit

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
absolutly, but you can drill say three holes rather than 4, 6, 8 for little brackets. also those holes can be larger, easier to drill a larger hole then little 4mm, especially if they are to be close together, lined up etc. and finally, its once, never need to do again.
Surely if you buy a nice pole and fit it properly, you won't need to do it again anyway?

I'm loving this thread-punch ups coming soon:drama:
It would seem that insulting someone's handy work is as bad as insulting their family or football team.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
i have the same curtain rail in black, i got mine from homebase i think it was. Is that the extendable one? i prefere that colour though. looks smart

Yes it's extendable, it could have come from Homebase but it also could have been from Next, I'm not sure we got it about 6 years ago when we moved to this house, my wife bought it.

I'm not going to ask her as she will want to know why I'm discussing curtain poles with fellow Brighton fans on the internet :lolol:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Wow, you seem to have internal blinds too. We might need another thread for fitting those!

So how were the vertical blind brackets fixed 'cos i cant see a batten to fix the brackets too?

They were already fitted when I bought the house, no batten for these and they are not heavy.
These blinds are really annoying though when the windows are open, they blow around a fair bit.

D Block blue

Feb 23, 2009
West Sussex la la la
These blinds are really annoying though when the windows are open, they blow around a fair bit.

Are you talking about when blinds are pulled back like they are in said picture that they blow around? If so and assuming that it is the only opening sash in the window, the blind track is/maybe universal and you could turn it round so that the blind material isn't at the opening window end. Obviously this could be a waste of time if there is another opener the other end. This thread needs to be renamed to something like DIY Issues...... 20 pages coming up before the season starts lol

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Are you talking about when blinds are pulled back like they are in said picture that they blow around? If so and assuming that it is the only opening sash in the window, the blind track is/maybe universal and you could turn it round so that the blind material isn't at the opening window end. Obviously this could be a waste of time if there is another opener the other end. This thread needs to be renamed to something like DIY Issues...... 20 pages coming up before the season starts lol

Its a long window and the blinds are at each end when closed, there is an opening window at each end and two fixed panes in the middle.
Good idea though, thanks.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
:yawn: I'm off to bed:wink:

I was just about to post my latest You Tube video, ' How to fix a batten for curtain poles ' [MENTION=30242]spence[/MENTION] is going to help me with my next one " How to paint a batten for curtain poles'

Have you watched any of the You Tube plumbing videos? I think we are missing a trick here, have a look at Tom's Tips :lolol:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Too many choices..
jump.jpg

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Why only a sds drill. What ever did we do before? A lot of office based bullshit on here.

Makes me smile at the lack of any simple practical knowledge on here sometimes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here