Doug Loft joins port vale...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

valefan1876

Jun 23, 2009
Whats he doing about his backroom staff? has he kept the existing staff or is he bringing his own staff in?
We on the lookout for a player/coach/assistant manager. So far we have had Paul Dickov, robbie savage mentioned!! But more likely we have been linked with dean windass and one rumour was Kerry Mayo. Just out of interest has anybody heard about hinsh joining us? oh and i will gladly take anybodies "Loft will tear you apart" T-Shirt!!:lol:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Doug Loft will be playing Championship football in 2 years time, he'll play 46 games for Port Vale next season and he'll score atleast 12 goals. :thumbsup:

I'll be ordering my replica shirt as soon as the squad lists are released.

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
Doug Loft will be playing Championship football in 2 years time, he'll play 46 games for Port Vale next season and he'll score atleast 12 goals. :thumbsup:

I like Doug Loft, but saying he'll be playing Championship football in two years is a bit steep, and if you think that, I think you have some problems.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
SDL, do me a favour. In 2 years time, quote my post and apologise. I've no doubt you'll be man enough to do that.

I can very honestly predict that Doug Loft will become a decent championship midfielder, he really does just need games. I've played with the guy a few times and seriously, he does have the technique and he does have the ability to be a bloody good player, he just needs to be playing games and he needs to really get used to taking control of games, but he's too inexperienced at the moment to demand the ball all the time and really dominate a midfielder, we all know that. But he's got the technical ability to be ability to really run a team, and given a real chance at Port Vale, he will.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
What the hell?! Why do you like a player that plays for another club? I think you're taking it a bit far here. Doug is alright, to be honest i think he'll play about 20 games and get a few goals, nothing special. He's found his level. No need for everyone to spunk over him anymore , he doesn't play for us.

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
I wont just quote your post and apologize, I would buy you a beer. As much as I'd love it to happen, its not going to.

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
SDL, do me a favour. In 2 years time, quote my post and apologise. I've no doubt you'll be man enough to do that.

I can very honestly predict that Doug Loft will become a decent championship midfielder, he really does just need games. I've played with the guy a few times and seriously, he does have the technique and he does have the ability to be a bloody good player, he just needs to be playing games and he needs to really get used to taking control of games, but he's too inexperienced at the moment to demand the ball all the time and really dominate a midfielder, we all know that. But he's got the technical ability to be ability to really run a team, and given a real chance at Port Vale, he will.

Do me a favour. He was good for us towards the end of the season, but this doesn't suddenly give him Championship potential. He's really not that great and although I felt sorry for him, we can do a lot better than Dougy Loft. Same goes for Fraser.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Believe me everyone, you'll see. :thumbsup:

The perception of him there will be completely different there, that will be a massive help. The majority of fans here made their minds up about him a long time ago, it's almost impossible to change perceptions and he's much better to go somewhere else and start fresh, I am stunned he has signed for Micky Adams though, considering what happened this season.

valefan1876

Jun 23, 2009

I hope that will be with the vale!! Think I will be having Loft on my shirt me old Mucka. To be fair it only fair we get a decnt midfielder off you, you had Horton off us:yahoo: and we gto Jeff Minton Off you :down::shootself

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I hope that will be with the vale!! Think I will be having Loft on my shirt me old Mucka. To be fair it only fair we get a decnt midfielder off you, you had Horton off us:yahoo: and we gto Jeff Minton Off you :down::shootself
I think Jeff Minton is a classic example of why you can't trust the opinions of some Brighton fans. There are STILL people on this board who think Minton was 'good' simply because when he played for us he was easily the best player in a seriously crap side. Mind you the boot was on the other foot then because we were fourth tier and you were second tier, and so it was a bit of a step up for the lad.

For what it's worth I think Loft and Fraser will be good signings for you. On their day they are both more than competent third tier players so the drop down a division should help them. Of course when it wasn't their day they could be 'crap' as others have pointed out - but then that's why they were playing for Brighton originally and not Arsenal. The only real surprise is why Adams has signed them as when he was here he'd play almost anybody BUT Fraser and Loft in midfield. Maybe he heard what a good job they did in keeping us up once he'd gone.

Good luck next year; obviously getting Adams, Fraser and Loft isn't the same as getting Wegner, Carrick and Ronaldo but you could have done worse.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria

12 goals a season in the Championship ???

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I never knew Adams rated Fraser and Loft that highly when he was here.

Good luck to them both but I really don't think we'll miss them. Fraser is committed bordering on psychotic (attacks on his own fans and a ball boy while he was here) while Loft is laid back bordering on anonymous.

Good luck to Fraser and Loft and all that, but sincerely hope that Micky's brought them in as no more than squad players initially. Cos if he is planning on building his midfield around F&L in any shape or form then he's going to discover double-quick that they'll be rolled over by monster grown-ups who regard them as an easy day at the office every single game and Port Vale will be FAR from Seventh By October.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009

Hopefully mate, our loss is deffinitely your gain in this case.

Loft is on my home and away shirts from this season, so it's a wise decision there buddy. Though, your opinion about Minton is a bit off... He was and IS class! :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports