Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Doug Loft joins port vale...

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
...and doesn't he look damn good in their new shirt:

0,,10381~6154871,00.jpg

Midfielder Doug Loft became the second former Brighton midfielder to join Vale in just over a week when he agreed terms on a two-year deal today.

The 21-year-old enjoyed a successful two-month loan spell with Dagenham & Redbridge last season and is a welcome addition to the Vale squad, where he will team up with former Brighton team mate Tommy Fraser.

He made his Brighton debut as an 18-year-old in March 2006 and went on to make 16 starts and 33 substitute appearances with the south coast club, either side of his loan spell with Dagenham.

Doug said: "Micky phoned me as soon as he got the job here and asked me to come and have a look round the club. I came up and had a look last week and now I am pleased to sign.

"I have played with Tommy Fraser for the last couple of years and have enjoyed playing alongside him. It is a good opportunity for me and hopefully we will have a good season.

What tempted me up here is the fact that Micky Adams is here and I am very happy I have signed a two-year deal with the club.

"I am an attacking midfielder and hopefully I can score a few goals and I can pass the ball around. I played in this division while on loan at Dagenham last season so I know what it is all about.

"I wouldn't say I am looking forward to pre-season training. I am looking forward to the games, but I am not sure about all the running before we kick in."

0,,10381~6154867,00.jpg

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
FLAIR hair.

LOFT will tear League 2 apart.

Good luck to the boy :clap:

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I miss him already
*swoon*

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
What amuses me is that Mickey is signing players that he didnt even play much while he was here!!

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
What amuses me is that Mickey is signing players that he didnt even play much while he was here!!

That's the thing I find strange. It seems he is continuing his trend of signing players he has already worked with just for the sake of it.

Saying that Fraser and Loft will be good in League Two, as Loft has already shown. Them two together will be an excellent central midfield pairing in that league.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
So thats 11 Brighton players trying to program the town of port vale in to the tomtom then Pssssssssst Colin it dosent exist tell ya mates.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Oh well they will be close to Robinson for lads nights out!

I bet that Adams would have tried to sign him too, if the Shrews hadn't got there first.

When Cox slaps his transfer request in soon, Micky can have him too. :thumbsup:

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I never knew Adams rated Fraser and Loft that highly when he was here.

Good luck to them both but I really don't think we'll miss them. Fraser is committed bordering on psychotic (attacks on his own fans and a ball boy while he was here) while Loft is laid back bordering on anonymous.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I post this thread at 1525, the story appears on the Argus website at 1538.

This is the first time I have ever been copied by the Argus :clap2:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I post this thread at 1525, the story appears on the Argus website at 1538.

This is the first time I have ever been copied by the Argus :clap2:

thats not something to be proud of!

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Good luck to Lofty but one has to ask whether he is really pleased to be signing for MA? Bearing in mind how much he played under him I hope he has some sort of agreement not to be a bench warmer this season :albion2::albion2:

Going by that report, he's not looking forward to all the running he'll be made to do.

:laugh:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Good luck to Lofty but one has to ask whether he is really pleased to be signing for MA? Bearing in mind how much he played under him I hope he has some sort of agreement not to be a bench warmer this season :albion2::albion2:

Well, if it's either a two year contract in League Two for a manager who didn't play you much previously, or dropping into non-league due to a lack of other offers, what would you do?

I think the guy is a fair to middling midfielder, maybe slightly better in the bottom division, but for my money he lacks the pace to ever go any higher.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Must still be money in the pot to snap up Hawkins, best act quickly or someone will get in first Mr Adams.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I think Adams is yet to take the best one,If they get Hinshelwood it would be a very good signing for them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here