Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Doug Loft joins port vale...

valefan1876

Jun 23, 2009
You think MA team selections are funny? We just had a manager who continued to pick his son even though he cant play, told a player he was been let go at the end of the season then started him the next game and expected him to give 100%. Oh and been 1-0 down to brentford with 20 minutes go with 3 strikers on the bench so he brings on a defender!!!!! The ineptitude of Dean Glover still makes me angry!! But am looking forward to seeing a MA Squad. Our current lot don't care, slag each other off in the local press and only about 3 are fit to wear the shirt!! oooooooooooh i need a lie down............NURSE.......

valefan1876

Jun 23, 2009
Something Vale fans should be aware of is that if things are going against you Adams doesn't have a plan B.
He told us he did!!!!!:ohmy: YouTube - Adams' plan of action
He said it on camera so he better not not have a plan B as he just said it which makes him a liar and I am yet to see any football managers lie about anything, and I am particulary observant. Now wheres me labradour and white cane

He told us he did!!!!!:ohmy: YouTube - Adams' plan of action
He said it on camera so he better not not have a plan B as he just said it which makes him a liar and I am yet to see any football managers lie about anything, and I am particulary observant. Now wheres me labradour and white cane

Well having seen that all I can do is wish you the best of british. I think that was a man still shell shocked from his last managerial experience and one who doesn't convince me it will be onwards and upwards although I hope for your sake I am wrong.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
You think MA team selections are funny? We just had a manager who continued to pick his son even though he cant play, told a player he was been let go at the end of the season then started him the next game and expected him to give 100%. Oh and been 1-0 down to brentford with 20 minutes go with 3 strikers on the bench so he brings on a defender!!!!! The ineptitude of Dean Glover still makes me angry!! But am looking forward to seeing a MA Squad. Our current lot don't care, slag each other off in the local press and only about 3 are fit to wear the shirt!! oooooooooooh i need a lie down............NURSE.......

Sounds a bit like MA last season I regret to say.

This is a man who played two central defenders in central Midfield (Virgs and El Abd)when he had FIVE fit midfielders on the bench in a JPT game. Which I believe included Loft AND Fraser...

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This is VERY encouraging. I recall Micky rebuilt the Albion with former cast-offs from his old sides and at one stage half our team was ex-Brentford - Oatway, Cullip, Brooker, Watson, Freeman. Let's hope the cull continues - El Abd anyone?

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Whats he doing about his backroom staff? has he kept the existing staff or is he bringing his own staff in?

Nov 25, 2008
Block (H)ated

You now have mickey Mouse, who once played Virgo as a winger ??? and you can have Dixon if you want :thumbsup:

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
when danny whittaker scored that screamer against you it was one of the few games he pretended to be a pro!

I KNEW it! Those bastard oppo's are saving up their BEST performances for when they're playing US, and us only. It's a conspiracy to make us look like a middling league one team, I tell you...

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Didn't Loft have some sort of energy sapping disease for the first two years he was here? If he keeps improving a could be a useful player at that level, he's still only young remember.

Wasnt that John Piercy?

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
I wish Mickey well. Although his second stint at the club was less than successful we still won the Championship under his stewardship and played some f*** off good football in the old third division.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
JUust as I was with Fraser, I'm surprised that Loft has signed up for MA. After all, playing in a team without a clue for a manager who'd clearly run out of ideas must have been a miserable experience, especially when compared to how well he and the rest of the team played under RS. I wouldn't have thought he would have wanted to go back there.

Still, I suppose as of yesterday he was unemployed, and a job is a job..........

Good luck to him.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
When was that? I have always thought that he was of non league standard but did conceed that he played well towards the end of the season and added IF he could maintain that form over a couple of months he MIGHT be worth another contract.

Keep Livermore as cover for McNulty unless we can sign a loan player for 3 months. Borrowdale will want to return to QPR as he wont want to be a cover for another player.

Give Owuso, Hart, Loft Fraser and Jarret 1 year deals. Dicker if we can sign him and Sullivan 2 year deals with an automatic 1 year extention based on games played. Release or transfer list Dixon, Mayo, Hawkins, Robinson, Gargan Hinshlewood and McLeod.

Nothing about might or maintain. You wanted him to be given a one year deal.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Nothing about might or maintain. You wanted him to be given a one year deal.

I accept that you are right but I have put that out wrong I didnt WANT him to geta 1 year extension but thought that his efforts at the end of the season warranted him and Fraser being given the chance to see if they could continue their form, especially if they were on low wages as was rumoured.

adammicheal

Jan 3, 2006
I accept that you are right but I have put that out wrong I didnt WANT him to geta 1 year extension but thought that his efforts at the end of the season warranted him and Fraser being given the chance to see if they could continue their form, especially if they were on low wages as was rumoured.

Am i seeing things or is gramps admitting he was wrong!!

Never seen him admit that he is wrong before

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Am i seeing things or is gramps admitting he was wrong!!

Never seen him admit that he is wrong before

And you never will, as anybody who knows me will tell you, I think that Loft is one of the worst players ever to wear an albion shirt but he played well for the last couple of games and I thought that may have persuaded RS to give him a an extention of his contract.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here