Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Doug Loft joins port vale...

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Does this mean that the Tiresome Unofficial Ridiculous Doug Loft Appreciation Society (TURDLAS) will piss off & support Vale now? :bigwave:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Loft should be able to cope with Div 2 as it is only 1 step up from non league but he was not good enough for us generally in Div 1 especially if we have aspirations of promotion.

valefan1876

Jun 23, 2009
Hi, Just reading about our new signing, sounds pretty good. We are deperate for a creative midfielder, is he in that vein or is he a more defensive kind. Plus how true is it about hinsh coming our way.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Hi, Just reading about our new signing, sounds pretty good. We are deperate for a creative midfielder, is he in that vein or is he a more defensive kind. Plus how true is it about hinsh coming our way.

Very much attacking - but needs to get his shots away quicker.

Skillful, a good passer and has a mean shot on him when he gets to use it.

Did well for Dagenham and will do well for you.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Never good enough for us - never looked a professional footballer to me.
Good luck to the lad - hopefully he'll prove me wrong.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia

You'll get a mixture of 'He's God, you've signed the new Pele,' and 'He's shit, he can't run, he can't kick a ball, you've signed a great carthorse lump' on here mate.

For me, he's got a good attitude, a decent workrate and was never given a run in the side to really see what he could do. I suspect he'll do a decent job in League Two, as he did at Dag & Red by all accounts.

valefan1876

Jun 23, 2009
You'll get a mixture of 'He's God, you've signed the new Pele,' and 'He's shit, he can't run, he can't kick a ball, you've signed a great carthorse lump' on here mate.

For me, he's got a good attitude, a decent workrate and was never given a run in the side to really see what he could do. I suspect he'll do a decent job in League Two, as he did at Dag & Red by all accounts.

Ahhhh sounds like your fans are as fickle as ours:lolol: to be honest that shite we have had in midfield over the last few years he sounds like a god send!!
we havent had a decent attacking midfielder for years, when danny whittaker scored that screamer against you it was one of the few games he pretended to be a pro! now if we can just get hinsh:mexican:

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Loft and Fraser are two good signings for Port Vale in my opinion, although I'd say Loft is the slight better of the two. Was suprised to see both of them leave but hope they do the business for you.

Hinshelwood is no doubt a good player but giving him anything longer than a years contract would be a risk due to his unfortunate injury history.

Apparently you're also signing Jason Jarrett, who in the times I saw him last season arguably will only be there for the weekly wage.

MA obviously doesn't rate the midfielders you currently have :lol:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Loft and Fraser are two good signings for Port Vale in my opinion, although I'd say Loft is the slight better of the two. Was suprised to see both of them leave but hope they do the business for you.

Hinshelwood is no doubt a good player but giving him anything longer than a years contract would be a risk due to his unfortunate injury history.

Apparently you're also signing Jason Jarrett, who in the times I saw him last season arguably will only be there for the weekly wage.

QUOTE]

Jarrett is way above the others in both class and ability. Fraser as has been said will do a good job as might Loft who must realise that this is his last chance of ever making it as a pro footballer because he is arguably only of non league standard. He improved for us when Slade took over but was still way below the standard required for Div 1. Hinshlewood, if he signs, will be in the last chance saloon as a player as he was slow when at his best and since his run of injuries has got slower. Plenty of ability, which made him an England U21 player but had he stayed with us he would have been about 5th choice as a central defender and obviously had no future at our level due to his lack of pace and injuries.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Yes as I think that Hawkins is less prone to make mistakes although more prone to concede a penalty but on balance I would go with him. I think that Hinsh has been a shadow of his former self since he has come back from injury but that is because we know of his ability and posibly expected too much. Going to a new club may give him the chance to ressurect his career in the FL rather than non league.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Midielders? What are they?:shrug:;)

Good that you've got a sense of humour, I think you're gonna need it when you see Adams teamsheet every week ;)

For what it's worth, and going against the grain of this thread, I think you're gonna like both Fraser and Loft

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Didn't Loft have some sort of energy sapping disease for the first two years he was here? If he keeps improving a could be a useful player at that level, he's still only young remember.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Something Vale fans should be aware of is that if things are going against you Adams doesn't have a plan B.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here