Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Don’t want a striker

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
I remember saying we should go for Toney 2 years ago when Brentford paid £5m for him. Got laughed off NSC that night. Think he has 12 or 13 for Brentford this season, but what do I know

I also voiced Toney as a great shout when he was at Peterborough, but like all lower league players it is a gamble -but even then he looked good.

5 goals in his last 2 games and 11 league goals in 24 prem games is very good.

Aaah - hindsight is a wonderful thing.

mreprice

Sep 12, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Thought it might be fun to look at all those strikers who have scored more than 15 Premier League goals this season that our foolish recruitment team overlooked or Tony was too cheap to buy. The list is:
Salah
Ronaldo
Son
Kane.

And that's it.

Any bargains there?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I've said for ages that one reason the striker 'issue' is amplified is the dearth of goals from midfield. We've seen that improve recently and it's amazing how much pressure that must take off strikers if they ARE off form.

I'm not saying that it's a reason to not get a striker, but if you've got the likes of Mwepu, Caicedo and Alexis Mac chipping in with a decent amount throughout the season, the 'we need a striker NOW' issue would rarely raise its ugly head. Possibly.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
It is a process of developing what we have, and upgrading those who don't develop with the next young prospect. Makes perfect sense.

People, myself included, can feel slightly confused when we are linked with yet another young centre half to send on loan, when we are so short on strikers.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It is a process of developing what we have, and upgrading those who don't develop with the next young prospect. Makes perfect sense.

People, myself included, can feel slightly confused when we are linked with yet another young centre half to send on loan, when we are so short on strikers.

Just because there is a dearth of suitable strikers it doesn’t mean we aren’t always looking at all other positions. It’s not confusing at all…..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here