• Go now will go to Falmer....Defo

Votes: 49 39.5%
  • I would go anywhere.........Top Fan

Votes: 26 21.0%

• Total voters

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
ill stick my neck out and say anyone that doesnt go to withdean solely because its withdean isnt a real fan, i would go anywhere but realise i am lucky to be able to as i have no major work commitments and plenty of cash

I agree to a certain extent, but the sticking point is expendable income. For many it is a choice between an essential or football at a horrible stadium paying over the odds for a poor standard of football.

I am lucky I can afford to go, but there must be alot of people who can't but want to. I don't think it is fair to say that people are not real fans just because they have other more important commitments then overpriced football.

Hopefully, the country will be in a better financial position by the time Falmer opens and the club will be sensible with its pricing structure to ensure that it persuades some of our fanbase back.

webbyson

Pre & Post..*Gullsworth*
Jul 26, 2004
Mudhut
I don't need a reality check as i KNOW i will always go whether it be The Goldstone ,Gillingham Withdean or Falmer i will attend every game that i have funds for as i support the Albion and not where they play.
So your saying you have the funds but you choose not to watch your team, sorry mate rain or no rain i can't understand that from a man that has to work in all weathers!

I wouldn't worry about it as i am sure i am in the minority but i do find it strange.:wink:

Cant see that mate.........said in a previous post i had to save for my season ticket for Falmer, taking a fifth of your weekly wage to watch a football match when you can ill-afford it makes you stop to think if you can justify this sort of money when there are more essential things to pay for. You may well be a super fan and watch when funds allow it but i dont think that qualifies you to accuse others of choosing to pick the games they watch when they can afford it does it? Trouble is with people on here is they think unless you go to every match you are a glory hunter or "plastic" fan. I think you are falling into that way of thinking even though you do exactly the opposite....... only go when you can afford it.!! I bet you go more times to Falmer than Withdean.......so will i and so will countless others.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I agree to a certain extent, but the sticking point is expendable income. For many it is a choice between an essential or football at a horrible stadium paying over the odds for a poor standard of football.

I am lucky I can afford to go, but there must be alot of people who can't but want to. I don't think it is fair to say that people are not real fans just because they have other more important commitments then overpriced football.

Hopefully, the country will be in a better financial position by the time Falmer opens and the club will be sensible with its pricing structure to ensure that it persuades some of our fanbase back.

then they arnt the people im talking about, they cant go because of the pric not because of the quality of the facilites

D

Deleted member 2719

Cant see that mate.........said in a previous post i had to save for my season ticket for Falmer, taking a fifth of your weekly wage to watch a football match when you can ill-afford it makes you stop to think if you can justify this sort of money when there are more essential things to pay for. You may well be a super fan and watch when funds allow it but i dont think that qualifies you to accuse others of choosing to pick the games they watch when they can afford it does it? Trouble is with people on here is they think unless you go to every match you are a glory hunter or "plastic" fan. I think you are falling into that way of thinking even though you do exactly the opposite....... only go when you can afford it.!! I bet you go more times to Falmer than Withdean.......so will i and so will countless others.

:US:

Never mind let's just call it stalemate, i am sure we have more important things to discuss.

Like.........Prediction......Norwich 1 Albion 2.

:albion2::albion2:

webbyson

Pre & Post..*Gullsworth*
Jul 26, 2004
Mudhut
:US:

Never mind let's just call it stalemate, i am sure we have more important things to discuss.

Like.........Prediction......Norwich 1 Albion 2.

:albion2::albion2:

I am liking your style man:thumbsup: but fraid ........Norwich 2 Albion 2:thumbsup:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I have started going again, but my love of the game is gradually thinning.

Give me a pint, terrace and a blood and thunder game between London Scottish and [insert visitors name] and I would go with that one.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
I occasionally go now. I'll occasionally go at Falmer; that is unless I can weasel my way in to the Surrey & Sussex NHS for a job...

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Will go to Falmer if we are in the Championship,but will not buy a season.

Am I reading this right SICK? you will only go to Falmer if we are in the Championship?

It's an interesting point. I wonder how many other fans will only go if we are doing well? (I'm sure there will be a few)

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
I go to the shit places like Carlisle, Huddersfield on a tuesday, Bristol Rovers to get the gam called off, Norhtampton for a JPT round 1 game.

Dont think i'll bother with Falmer.

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
My youngest son's first game at the Withdean involved him trying to watch it wearing about four layers with rain pouring down on his little head. We've been quite a few more times since then (in all weathers) and the little Fs say they enjoy it but sometimes I can tell from their expressions they think I'm bloody mad. I cant wait to take the little fellas to Falmer. I'll take them to the new stadium a lot more just as I know they'll enjoy the whole matchday experience - dare say there are a few more like me.

D

Deleted member 2719

I go to the shit places like Carlisle, Huddersfield on a tuesday, Bristol Rovers to get the gam called off, Norhtampton for a JPT round 1 game.

Dont think i'll bother with Falmer.

*Proper hardcore fan alert*

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

LABHA

Feb 9, 2009
Littlehampton,Wick actually
Only been to Withdean 5 times,and for me thats 5 times too many, but hey, i have got a 10 year old daughter who i shall bring along when Falmer opens,and hope she gets sucked into BHAFC for life,but hey,if i took her now,no atmosphere,getting soaked,and watching a shit standard of quality football,i dont think she would want to go again.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Had a season ticket at Withdean for two years, went to about 10 games a season there after that, now haven't been since Boxing Day last year. May do the odd game at Withdean before we leave there and will definitely go to Falmer, season ticket if living in the area, if not then 10 ish games a season.

webbyson

Pre & Post..*Gullsworth*
Jul 26, 2004
Mudhut
My youngest son's first game at the Withdean involved him trying to watch it wearing about four layers with rain pouring down on his little head. We've been quite a few more times since then (in all weathers) and the little Fs say they enjoy it but sometimes I can tell from their expressions they think I'm bloody mad. I cant wait to take the little fellas to Falmer. I'll take them to the new stadium a lot more just as I know they'll enjoy the whole matchday experience - dare say there are a few more like me.
And that my friends was the response i was looking for. IMO there are thousands with the same outlook...........Fans waiting for Falmer because they want to take their kids ect and treat them to a pleasurable experience which may hook them for life. Other fans like me............avid fans in the past.........waiting for a more pleasurable experience they can justify spending their hard earned cash on. Like i said in a previous post fair play to the dwindling few who still (and can afford) go to Withdean, you are keeping the club going. But you cannot call fans who have caught "the Withdean factor" Plastic or glory hunters. There are fans out there who will go to Falmer who have lost the habit of going to football, and some of them have helped the club in the past well before Withdean!! I like the expression "lost your mojo for the Albion" I think the new ground will help get a lot of fans get their mojo back.................and i think that number will be pleasantly surprising:clap2:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Well according to this poll there will be about an extra 39% on the gate. 39% of 6000 is 2340.

So 8340. Hmm.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here