Votes: 49 39.5%
  • I would go anywhere.........Top Fan

Votes: 26 21.0%

• Total voters

webbyson

Pre & Post..*Gullsworth*
Jul 26, 2004
Mudhut
Waiting for Falmer? Refuse to go to Withdean? Vote and show how many absentees will go to watch The Seagulls in their new roost:falmer:

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Where's the 'Go Now but Falmer's a bit of a hike from Preston Village so may not bother' option?

D

Deleted member 2719

Your always going get your fickle/plastic fans who will only watch the big teams and the Cardiff / Wembley games.

But i personally would watch them anywhere although i do miss the atmosphere of the roofed stadiums and especially the crowd surges.

:down:

If i was a wealthy bachelor not sure i would ever have missed a game unfortunately i am not!

All i can say is well done to the Withdean Faithful proper fans.

:clap::clap::clap:

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
Don't go to any games at present, too far to trek from Yorkshire. May go to the odd game when down visiting folks once Falmers finished?

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
Will go to Falmer if we are in the Championship,but will not buy a season,there will be so many seats available in a 22,000 stadium that you can decide week by week whether to attend.
An important point is that stewards must ensure that supporters must remain seated,it completly ruins the afternoon when people jump to their feet every time the ball nears the penalty area and remain standing for a period of time.I am not prepared to spend hard earned cash and not see the highlights of a match.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Will go to Falmer if we are in the Championship,but will not buy a season,there will be so many seats available in a 22,000 stadium that you can decide week by week whether to attend.
An important point is that stewards must ensure that supporters must remain seated,it completly ruins the afternoon when people jump to their feet every time the ball nears the penalty area and remain standing for a period of time.I am not prepared to spend hard earned cash and not see the highlights of a match.

That will be the best thing about having 4 stands again. There will be an area for the oldies (no offence) like the west stand used to be at the Goldstone, a proper family stand like the south stand used to be and I prey to god that we have an unofficial area for lads to go so it doesn't attract numpties like the singing area does.

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts

Just find out where the souless pacemakers stand is and sit there, you won't get anyone jumping out there seats there, unless of course the old chaps pacemaker starts malfunctioning

BIG GAY AL

May 27, 2008
i had a season ticket for years, then came to Leicester for uni, started going to watch the foxes quite regularly and i just cant stand going back to the withdean, i almost came down down fro the leeds game but im not sure if ill ever go to the withdean again. def will get a season ticket when falmer comes and i live back in sussex full time, but until the dunno

webbyson

Pre & Post..*Gullsworth*
Jul 26, 2004
Mudhut
Your always going get your fickle/plastic fans who will only watch the big teams and the Cardiff / Wembley games.

But i personally would watch them anywhere although i do miss the atmosphere of the roofed stadiums and especially the crowd surges.

:down:

If i was a wealthy bachelor not sure i would ever have missed a game unfortunately i am not!

All i can say is well done to the Withdean Faithful proper fans.

:clap::clap::clap:

So just because i cannot afford/justify a large wedge of my wages to sit in the rain getting soaked watching 2nd rate footie in a 3rd rate stadia and am saving for a season ticket for Falmer like thousands of others i am a plastic fan...............flipin 'eck mate you need a reality check........Football has got expensive and lifelong fans cannot justify the money for a dire experience while there are bills/rent/mortgage/family to pay for. I dont expect going to The Withdean is the only thing people have given up. A night on the beer is getting to expensive for most........and thats if your lucky enough to have a job!! I am sure Falmer will not be cheap to attend but i am sure there are numerous fans like me who are waiting for a more enjoyable experience to justify spending 40 odd quid on a lesiure activity.Yes fair play to those who can afford to go now on a regular basis but i bet you that you yourself will be in the same posistion with a young family to supply for in a couple of years time will go to Falmer more often than you go now:tantrum:

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
i am sure there are numerous fans like me who are waiting for a more enjoyable experience to justify spending 40 odd quid on a lesiure activity.

If that's what you've been paying to get into Withdean you've been seriously ripped off mate:lolol:

D

Deleted member 2719

So just because i cannot afford/justify a large wedge of my wages to sit in the rain getting soaked watching 2nd rate footie in a 3rd rate stadia and am saving for a season ticket for Falmer like thousands of others i am a plastic fan...............flipin 'eck mate you need a reality check........Football has got expensive and lifelong fans cannot justify the money for a dire experience while there are bills/rent/mortgage/family to pay for. I dont expect going to The Withdean is the only thing people have given up. A night on the beer is getting to expensive for most........and thats if your lucky enough to have a job!! I am sure Falmer will not be cheap to attend but i am sure there are numerous fans like me who are waiting for a more enjoyable experience to justify spending 40 odd quid on a lesiure activity.Yes fair play to those who can afford to go now on a regular basis but i bet you that you yourself will be in the same posistion with a young family to supply for in a couple of years time will go to Falmer more often than you go now:tantrum:

Steady on i wasn't pinpointing you for a start your not a wealthy bachelor, yes maybe you only go to the big games but it really isn't a dig at you, so i am not sure if i really need a reality check.

After all i am just stating my opinion and i thought you were asking that question.???

webbyson

Pre & Post..*Gullsworth*
Jul 26, 2004
Mudhut
Steady on i wasn't pinpointing you for a start your not a wealthy bachelor, yes maybe you only go to the big games but it really isn't a dig at you, so i am not sure if i really need a reality check.

After all i am just stating my opinion and i thought you were asking that question.???

point is Mouldy you say you would go more often if you were a wealthy bachelor but you are not you have a young family so you must understand that people are choosing where they spend their money on lesuire activities. And you are no different.....come Falmer i bet you will be there more often than the Withdean even though your cicumstances and finances will probably be the same.Its just you will be able to justify spending that money as it will be i am sure, a more pleasurable experience. So yes reality check....there are a lot of people out there, from all walks of life who cannot justify the expensive "pleasure" of an afternoon of miserable entertainment even if they are not in the same posistion as you! I might even let you buy me a pint at Falmer.......gives you a chance to save up for it:laugh:

webbyson

Pre & Post..*Gullsworth*
Jul 26, 2004
Mudhut
If that's what you've been paying to get into Withdean you've been seriously ripped off mate:lolol:

Well yes that would be.........but the current prices, plus your travel costs and a beer in the Pub at Patcham so you can justify parking there:D and a burger and coffee...........heck with inflation make that 50 quid (and thats without taking your family)

D

Deleted member 2719

point is Mouldy you say you would go more often if you were a wealthy bachelor but you are not you have a young family so you must understand that people are choosing where they spend their money on lesuire activities. And you are no different.....come Falmer i bet you will be there more often than the Withdean even though your cicumstances and finances will probably be the same.Its just you will be able to justify spending that money as it will be i am sure, a more pleasurable experience. So yes reality check....there are a lot of people out there, from all walks of life who cannot justify the expensive "pleasure" of an afternoon of miserable entertainment even if they are not in the same posistion as you! I might even let you buy me a pint at Falmer.......gives you a chance to save up for it:laugh:

I don't need a reality check as i KNOW i will always go whether it be The Goldstone ,Gillingham Withdean or Falmer i will attend every game that i have funds for as i support the Albion and not where they play.
So your saying you have the funds but you choose not to watch your team, sorry mate rain or no rain i can't understand that from a man that has to work in all weathers!

I wouldn't worry about it as i am sure i am in the minority but i do find it strange.:wink:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Went to the goldstone, went to gillingham, going to withdean and will def go to falmer!

Same as. Without wishing to start another binfest on this subject, I really don't hold with the "Withdean is shit so I don't go" argument. You either support the club or you don't. Where they play to me is irrelevant. Yes, Withdean is shit, there is no atmosphere, we get piss wet through and basically everything about it does nothing to enhance the match day experience. However, my team play there, so I go.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
ill stick my neck out and say anyone that doesnt go to withdean solely because its withdean isnt a real fan, i would go anywhere but realise i am lucky to be able to as i have no major work commitments and plenty of cash

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here