Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dont confuse Christianity with religion

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Try telling that to the thousands of people over the centuries who've lost their lives/been persecuted because of their faith in Jesus.

Spot on. And more Christians were killed for their faith in the 20th century than in the rest of the Church's history put together ...

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I could die tomorrow,but i will if needed come back.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
But what is there to accept - that's just the point. My children think there is no difference between a man loving a woman and a man loving a man. It's normal, there is nothing the accept as there is nothing to question. It's like everyone needs to go to the toilet - nothing to accept or reject - it just is. I think you're bigoted because of your opening post saying teaching children about homosexuality is child abuse. It suggests you don't accept homosexuality.

In the 30s, 40s and 50s, most ordinary people hadn't even heard of homosexuality and so didn't even know it existed. Sex was about being married, doing it in the missionary position and making babies. That's it. In the mid-sixties, I was unaware of it as well, and, remember, it was illegal and a crime at that time. In the early 70s, I began to be aware of it, because a boy I fancied didn't fancy me, but another bloke instead. Gay lifestyles were only just beginning to develop, since it had been legalised in 1967. A few years later, I moved into my own flat, and my neighbour was a lovely gay man. It was so rare, I could count the gays I knew on the fingers of one hand, at the time, and this was in Brighton. It shows how far education has come since then, if you cannot now even imagine an era when homosexuality just was not talked about, or that its existence was not even admitted to. And in those days, you didn't even discuss sex with children until they were about 13 or 14, never mind tell them of alternative lifestyles. There were no alternative lifestyles. The world wasn't always like it is today. It is dynamic, and changing all the time.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
I think it is interesting that in your first point you suggest that Homosexuality is merely a fashion and in your second you distance yourself from homophobia by being thankful that we don't revert to 'how things were. It is my suggestion based on what you have written on this thread that you still hold a lot of homophobia in your opinions.

I would be very interested t understand what 'process' you are suggesting that we don't involve the children in?

Not to give them too much information too early and not to put ideas into their head, but let them discover themselves, for themselves and by themselves.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
I think it is interesting that in your first point you suggest that Homosexuality is merely a fashion and in your second you distance yourself from homophobia by being thankful that we don't revert to 'how things were. It is my suggestion based on what you have written on this thread that you still hold a lot of homophobia in your opinions.

You know nothing about my lifestyle or the choices I made in life. Like anyone else, I could have been gay if I chose to be so.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
You know nothing about my lifestyle or the choices I made in life. Like anyone else, I could have been gay if I chose to be so.

No I don't and I never claimed to, I am merely reacting to what you are putting out there on this thread which I find misinformed and insulting.

Interesting that you see homosexuality as a choice.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Dawkins starts a lot of his furious rants by explaining things that Christians think etc. he's not a Christian.

no, he starts his "rant" from what christians and other religions preach to others, and what their special book says. thats rather his point generally, that the book is nonsence and even the believers pick and chose what they want from it, but then say its all truth. his arguement is focused towards the evangalist, fundementalist and conservative flavour of religion. if people are going to support their faith like they support a football team, which lets face it is the majority of religious, then thats no skin off anyones nose. that smaller group however hold an undue political weight and that needs to be redressed.

Bodular

Jul 9, 2012
All I want to know is why did god create chilies and spices!!! what an arsehole (I'm going to sit in the freezer )

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
But does their religious book (which is written by their God himself) not say how sin came about being?

Oh no it wasn't .... written by God himself

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
All I want to know is why did god create chilies and spices!!! what an arsehole (I'm going to sit in the freezer )

To experience the freezer

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
So you need the qualification of being a Christian to write a book explaining that god doesn't exists? That is a brilliant reason to write off anyone suggesting that god doesn't exsist. Except that it is entirely illogical.

If you take a certain side of a discussion you can easily find out what the other side believe by discussing it with them (kind of the point of a discussion) Dawkins does this often. There are plenty on youtube.

Do I need to throw out all my music biographies because the authors are not the musicians. I would assume that the only biographies you own are autobiographies?

you can become an authority on Lesbian Gardening, of course you can. You just need to research it thoroughly and talk to lesbian gardeners. There are many authorities on the Roman empire who are not members of the Roman Empire the list is endless if you think about it.

Where is this book on lesbian gardening. Do we have an ISBN number? can I get it in Waterstone's or from Amazon? I want to buy one as a present for someone.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Where is this book on lesbian gardening. Do we have an ISBN number? can I get it in Waterstone's or from Amazon? I want to buy one as a present for someone.

They had one on another planet-sadly nobody is around to tell the tale,so we were put on earth

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I'm currently experimenting with ice cubes, if that don't work the fruit pastille lolly is in for a shock:lolol:

see-enlightenment

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

We all do David, We all do. We are just waiting for [MENTION=12101]Mellotron[/MENTION] to pull his finger out, research and write the blood thing.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I have just looked thanks, I'm going to become a Buddhist

The doors are never closed in the eyes of God,you just need to use the lights..

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
... there is so much hatred in the world today and unfortunately we feed off it because we are all born into sin from Adam and Eve , this is not how God planned it to be so he gives us a chance but by no means forcing us but by our own free will to be saved from it before he redeems his plan for a new heaven and a new earth

so what you're saying is God hates everyone because one chap, Adam, disobeyed him. in his vindictive little way he offers "redemption", promising a paradise if you chose to obey and follow him.

God doesn't want anybody to be left behind and separated from him forever because he loves us all , even if you don't want him to love you there's nothing you can do about because he does

erm, contradiction, now he loves us anyway, even if we dont follow him?

he doesn't blackmail anyone or force anyone to believe in him but just gently asks if you would let him into your heart so you can get to know him better like any father would .

so the threat of damnation and eternal hell if you dont follow him is not blackmail?

he doesn't care what problems or baggage you come with, he doesn't care if you have named him in vain or rubbished him he only cares that you know the truth and his plan for you .

more contradiction, so now he doesnt mind about your sins?

end of the day, the god you describe is a tyrant, like a dictator who would send you to the gulag if you voice dissent and dont follow him and "the plan".

Bhafcman

1958-Forever
Apr 19, 2009
Oh no it wasn't .... written by God himself

Doesnt the bible say it's the insipired word of god in the sense that he tells them what to say/write so he is the author?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here