Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Donald Trump

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
The best thing about Trump at the moment is that he is doing more damage to the Republican party than the Liberal media in the States could ever do. They have gone into damage limitation mode and are distancing themselves as fast as they can.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
[yt]2zMzeKBEvaQ[/yt]

There is a certain amount of truth to this. We are mostly taught to have a less bias view of the world these days and can criticize and question our own history. Every race, religion and country has some shame in their past but Muslims can be taught a one sided version of history from bad Imam’s and faith schools with their own personal agenda.

I have chatted to Muslims on fb and have sometimes been reminded of our history in the slave trade and the Crusades. Yet what they fail to recognise is that Islam was/is one of the biggest offenders in the slave trade and facilitated the sale of slaves to us in our brief flirtation with it. They also ignore the fact that whilst the Crusades lasted for 200 years, primarily to give safe passage to Christians to the holy sites, the Jihad and invading Europe has been going on for over a thousand years.

This is a good video to put our slave trade and Crusades into perspective:
https://youtu.be/I_To-cV94Bo

Islam needs to teach a less one sided version of history but unfortunately the misguided invasion of Iraq reinforces the bias way of teaching history.

Last edited:

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
So you're now saying Mo Farah is a Terrorist? :wozza:

You are not smart enough to put words in my mouth like you are not smart enough to understand blanket bans. What Trump is saying is the risks outweigh the benefits. Can you grasp that or would you like me to explain it with Crayons?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Islamic fundementalists are muslims, increase the latter you also increase the former.

I think there was a case recently where a young girl was murdered in the UK by a Latvian who had come to the UK. Should then all Latvians be banned from the UK as murderers. After all, by your thinking - Increase the former you increase the latter.

The argument Donald Trump an yourself is in fact very very true but it is not a solution to anything. All it does is facilitate your own racist views.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Muslims can be taught a one sided version of history from bad Imam’s and faith schools with their own personal agenda.

Sounds like many parish parochial schools in the 60's.... except nuns.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I think there was a case recently where a young girl was murdered in the UK by a Latvian who had come to the UK. Should then all Latvians be banned from the UK as murderers. After all, by your thinking - Increase the former you increase the latter.

The argument Donald Trump an yourself is in fact very very true but it is not a solution to anything. All it does is facilitate your own racist views.

my thinking? No we are dealing with issues of scale. When 3 or 4 show up and kill dozens. Where a few hundred rape ,1000s of girls in Rotherham. we are not talking random murders but an ideological agenda with exponential growth potential.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
You are not smart enough to put words in my mouth like you are not smart enough to understand blanket bans. What Trump is saying is the risks outweigh the benefits. Can you grasp that or would you like me to explain it with Crayons?

I don't think you have thought this through have you. ???

What Trump has done is directly reinforcing a fear of Muslims who already live in the US which could lead to them being abused, physically attacked, and even killed. It’s not the ones who want to immigrate to the US that he has hurt; it’s the ones who live in the US who have to deal with a backlash from his words against them.

His policy is irrelevant, he is not the president, but his words are irresponsible and could lead to repercussions.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

so on that basis he should be advocating the expulsion of every other demographic associated with those that go on a shooting spree. a handful of extremist christians that shoot up their local school or cinema for example outweigh the benefits of all others of the similar faith, right?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
so on that basis he should be advocating the expulsion of every other demographic associated with those that go on a shooting spree. a handful of extremist christians that shoot up their local school or cinema for example outweigh the benefits of all others of the similar faith, right?
All Christians should be thrown out to stop any more murderous attacks on abortion clinics. Just because not all Christians are insane murderers it's not a valid excuse as the murderers were Christian.

Aside from that, stop feeding the troll. I wrote a long post about the reason why I take that horrible, flippant Rotherham abuse comment seriously, personally and with massive offence. But then I realised that's exactly what "looney" wants so calmed down and deleted it.

F*cking prick.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
No thread?

Front runner of the Republican charge for President of the United States 2016

.................and then he releases a press statement:

calling for a complete ban on Muslims entering the United States "until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on".

Is that him out of the running?

Sorry if this has been mentioned before but I was waiting to speak to Police family members. Apparently, DT also said that parts of London are no-go areas, and when I asked them, they said that the Met officers they know had confirmed that this is the case, albeit in very few parts. I am sure that he is indulging in a bit of rabble-rousing, but it directly contrasts with our politicians who flatly deny the existence of so-called no-go areas. Whom do you believe?

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
The Huffington Post have the right idea :)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...nald-trumps-campaign_55a8fc9ce4b0896514d0fd66

After watching and listening to Donald Trump since he announced his candidacy for president, we have decided we won't report on Trump's campaign as part of The Huffington Post's political coverage. Instead, we will cover his campaign as part of our Entertainment section. Our reason is simple: Trump's campaign is a sideshow. We won't take the bait. If you are interested in what The Donald has to say, you'll find it next to our stories on the Kardashians and The Bachelorette.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
my thinking? No we are dealing with issues of scale. When 3 or 4 show up and kill dozens. Where a few hundred rape ,1000s of girls in Rotherham. we are not talking random murders but an ideological agenda with exponential growth potential.

My former partner is one of the Chief probation officers in the UK. As of March this year, the quota of of white people in our jails or on probation was circa 67% white. Your argument holds no ground for a solution. I have said in previous posts. What you and others are saying is not inaccurate. IT IS JUST NOT A SOLUTION

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Never underestimate Amerika's ability to elect a dumb and dangerous president. And hard to overstate what kind of mad bad world we would have on Planet Trump. Bloke is indeed deranged. Trouble is, so many of the voters are also.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Never underestimate Amerika's ability to elect a dumb and dangerous president. And hard to overstate what kind of mad bad world we would have on Planet Trump. Bloke is indeed deranged. Trouble is, so many of the voters are also.

Not disagreeing with you but Crazy Reagan's era lead to the Berlin Wall coming down. Has a decent man like Obama brought a safer world?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here