Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Donald Trump 2024

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Am I right in thinking both Trump and Putin endorsed Brexit?
Yes - and Farage endorsed Trump

The divide and rule tactic of the Right.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
There really are going to be many toys thrown out of prams on this forum if Trump wins again. Just saying..............lol

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
There really are going to be many toys thrown out of prams on this forum if Trump wins again. Just saying..............lol
Not as bad as it’ll be for Kyiv

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
If only all this was just a playground debate that the losers will satisfy themselves with childish tantrums if Trump wins.

However, if Trump wins again, it could have a serious impact on global security and environmental future of this planet when we are already sitting on a tinderbox in both regards. Under Trump‘s last term, foreign policy was chaotic and dangerous. Just his policies on China are likely to start a retaliatory Trade war that will impact on economies around the world. Trump’s competition with China may also mean a Trump Presidency will forge deals with Putin to cool relationships with China where Ukraine will likely be thrown under the bus as a cost of Putin’s support.

I have relatives that will emigrate to England if Trump wins, they are that scared of what it would mean for American liberal democracy.

A lighthearted issue it is not!

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
If only all this was just a playground debate that the losers will satisfy themselves with childish tantrums if Trump wins.

However, if Trump wins again, it could have a serious impact on global security and environmental future of this planet when we are already sitting on a tinderbox in both regards. Under Trump‘s last term, foreign policy was chaotic and dangerous. Just his policies on China are likely to start a retaliatory Trade war that will impact on economies around the world. Trump’s competition with China may also mean a Trump Presidency will forge deals with Putin to cool relationships with China where Ukraine will likely be thrown under the bus as a cost of Putin’s support.

I have relatives that will emigrate to England if Trump wins, they are that scared of what it would mean for American liberal democracy.

A lighthearted issue it is not!
Yes, but it's an issue which we, over here, have no control over at all..... therefore there is only so much I can get uptight about it, personally. We live in hope.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Yes, but it's an issue which we, over here, have no control over at all..... therefore there is only so much I can get uptight about it, personally. We live in hope.
What point are you making?

We have no control over who RDZ selects for his line ups or no control over the war in Ukraine either!

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
have you seen the state of global security in his absence?
No - I have no idea what is going on in the world 🙄

Suddenly a load of Trump supporters coming out of the woodwork?

Edit - that was a joke btw - of course I have seen what’s going on in the world but do you think these things happened overnight?

Trump ripped up the Nuclear Arms Deal with Iran in cohorts with Netanyahu- that is exactly why we could end up in direct confrontation with Iran in the near future.

Trump signed the Doha Agreement with the Taliban to withdraw all American troops from Afghanistan in such a way it put lives at risk unless they were subsequently withdrawn en masse - that chaotic withdrawal ended up paving the way for the Taliban to take over. Biden was pretty much boxed in by Trump‘s rash efforts to set him self up as the peacemaker before he left the WH. Arrogant narcissism.

Trump took America out of the Paris Agreement- and will likely reverse any climate change policies that Biden has made.

Trump‘s thirst for individual power had him cosying up to any dictator that would support his election bid and Presidency.

Trump signalled to Putin that Ukraine was low on Trump’s list of priorities when Trump withheld arms to Ukraine on the basis of getting ‘dirt on Hunter Biden’. He sacked the US Ambassador to Ukraine who was investigating corruption in Ukraine the same few weeks, his Lawyer, Rudy Guiliani was meeting with Russian contacts to dig up dirt on Joe Biden. Trump sacked his ambassador because she was undermining Trump’s efforts to pressure Zelenskyy into providing something he could use against Joe Biden.

Trump is all about winning power for the sake of power and does not care who he forms allegiances with to do it or who he destroys to make way for it. He was a dangerous man the last time he was in the WH. If he gets in again, having sacked all the adults in the room, he is more than dangerous - he will be out of control imo.

Nobody can really think the current global security issues are going to be helped by this idiot getting
back in the WH?

Last edited:

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I think it's a bit more serious than 'throwing toys out of prams' - not just for individuals, but for international peace and security......
Genuine lol

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire

Edit - that was a joke btw - of course I have seen what’s going on in the world but do you think these things happened overnight?

Trump ripped up the Nuclear Arms Deal with Iran in cohorts with Netanyahu- that is exactly why we could end up in direct confrontation with Iran in the near future.

Trump signed the Doha Agreement with the Taliban to withdraw all American troops from Afghanistan in such a way it put lives at risk unless they were subsequently withdrawn en masse - that chaotic withdrawal ended up paving the way for the Taliban to take over. Biden was pretty much boxed in by Trump‘s rash efforts to set him self up as the peacemaker before he left the WH. Arrogant narcissism.

Trump took America out of the Paris Agreement- and will likely reverse any climate change policies that Biden has made.

Trump‘s thirst for individual power had him cosying up to any dictator that would support his election bid and Presidency.

Trump signalled to Putin that Ukraine was low on Trump’s list of priorities when Trump withheld arms to Ukraine on the basis of getting ‘dirt on Hunter Biden’. He sacked the US Ambassador to Ukraine who was investigating corruption in Ukraine the same few weeks, his Lawyer, Rudy Guiliani was meeting with Russian contacts to dig up dirt on Joe Biden. Trump sacked his ambassador because she was undermining Trump’s efforts to pressure Zelenskyy into providing something he could use against Joe Biden.

Trump is all about winning power for the sake of power and does not care who he forms allegiances with to do it or who he destroys to make way for it. He was a dangerous man the last time he was in the WH. If he gets in again, having sacked all the adults in the room, he is more than dangerous - he will be out of control imo.

Nobody can really think the current global security issues are going to be helped by this idiot getting
back in the WH?
Yes. If he gets back in it'll be Trump on steroids this time. Pretty worrying on many fronts.

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
I was going to post a thread declaring that I'm completely and utterly scared shitless by the prospect (almost inevitability) of a second Trump term. The Simon Brodkin Swastiki golf balls prank on YouTube is a classic, and is well worth revisiting in its entirety. I look forward to seeing Simon, not Donald at The Dome in October.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019

back in the WH?
I am sorry to say there are some, even on this site; you can explain the Trump threat to them but you cannot understand it for them....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here