Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Donald Trump 2024

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I'm pretty certain there are a lot of Trumpsters in my area of NW Indiana who don't truly believe they will get rich by supporting Trump.

But …. the inherent right wing hatred of taxation? Plus the old self-fortitude ethos …. why don’t the poor and unwell just get off their ass, why should we support their healthcare and prospects of not dying?

There’ll be many, many £10m’s of Yanks who think exactly that, in middle and higher wealth brackets.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I hate the current version of the tories.

But Trump makes them look measured and statesmanlike. The ballot box will decide their fate.

Johnson had a go at being a demagogue, but our system (and his own party) blew the fucker away. In America the Republicans are going to let the devil back in.

Our British glass house is intact.
Compared to the US yes, but then a Gazian green house is in tact compared to the US.

My point was more about the continued reelection of the Tories and the mistrust in anything left of moderate right.

From the outside your green house, although in tact, ain't look great.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Thats not what I remember,

Postal voting is open to fraud on an "industrial scale" and is "unviable" in its current form, a top judge has said.
Richard Mawrey QC, who tries cases of electoral fraud, told the BBC that people should not be able to apply for postal votes as a matter of course.
"On demand" postal voting had not boosted turnout or simplified the process for the vulnerable, he said.
But the Electoral Commission said it would not be "proportionate" to end postal voting altogether.
The government also said it had no plans to abolish the current system, saying it had made it easier for many people to vote.
Since 2001, anyone on the electoral roll has been able to apply for a postal ballot.
In January, the Electoral Commission said it was particularly concerned about 16 council areas in England.
In some of those areas, the BBC has heard allegations that political activists are pressuring families into voting for their candidate, or taking ballot papers away to fill them in, which is illegal."

In the last US election of votes cast over 40% were postal. Hmmmmmmmmmm.

"
And mostly republican votes.

What point are you trying to make here? That the Biden majority should have been bigger?

As it happens, if you dislike postal voting, I am with you. I dislike postal voting and would like to see it replaced with a system that connects each voter with the vote they cast, no 'middle man'.

Which is odd because most of your opinions seem to be quirky right wing opinions.

As they say, a broken clock is correct twice a day.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Compared to the US yes, but then a Gazian green house is in tact compared to the US.

My point was more about the continued reelection of the Tories and the mistrust in anything left of moderate right.

From the outside your green house, although in tact, ain't look great.
I can't follow what you mean because there are too many syntax errors. Sorry :shrug:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I can't follow what you mean because there are too many syntax errors. Sorry :shrug:
Apologies, I just got up and haven't got the brain firing yet.

I was trying to say that from the outside looking in UK politics isn't in a good state either. Not as bad as the US of course.

The constant re election of Tories and their austerity (and where that lead) and the refusal to consider anything left of centre right isn't healthy.

Last edited:

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
And mostly republican votes.

What point are you trying to make here? That the Biden majority should have been bigger?

As it happens, if you dislike postal voting, I am with you. I dislike postal voting and would like to see it replaced with a system that connects each voter with the vote they cast, no 'middle man'.

Which is odd because most of your opinions seem to be quirky right wing opinions.

As they say, a broken clock is correct twice a day.
He’s making the point in response to my earlier post, that postal voting produces large scale fraud that impacts on election results (which is false!)

I agree about the middle man but at the moment housebound people or those in hospital, the army or on holiday have no choice but to use postal ballots. Obviously electronic voting would be easier but there are major security concerns with potential cyber attacks or foreign state interference even …

Last edited:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
He’s making the point in response to my earlier post, that postal voting produces large scale fraud that impacts on election results (which is false!)

I agree about the middle man but at the moment housebound people or those in hospital, the army or on holiday have no choice but to use postal ballots. Obviously electronic voting would be easier but there are major security concerns with potential cyber attacks or foreign state interference even …

Probably best to just go back to monarchy system and make Trump king.

Am I right @Crawley Dingo ? Proper right wing! None of this woke election nonsense where there is potential for fraud.

Last edited:

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
But …. the inherent right wing hatred of taxation? Plus the old self-fortitude ethos …. why don’t the poor and unwell just get off their ass, why should we support their healthcare and prospects of not dying?

There’ll be many, many £10m’s of Yanks who think exactly that, in middle and higher wealth brackets.
Something something bootstraps

Crawley Dingo

Political thread tourist.
Mar 31, 2022
Remember?! You clearly googled for election fraud on postal voting and came up with a non-story from a decade ago that had nothing to do with the ‘investigation’ you mentioned above.
Nope had Democrat friends claiming that postal ballots were fraud proof, parroting the media so looked up the Electral comission investigation back then. Its an easy thing to remember but something unheard of if your in a media bubble.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
An idiot? Why are you projecting? Just admit you have nothing of value to post.
Ooh, touché.
That showed me. I'm going to have to reconsider my whole view on life.
I might get somebody to give me a lobotomy so I can better appreciate your perspective.
Or, I don't know. I might not bother. I like to live life on the edge like that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here