Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Domenico Berardi

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Apparently the deal to take him from Ze Zerbi’s old club Sassuolo to Juventus has fallen through.

He is one of De Zerbi’s favourite players, can you see him signing for us in this window and if so where would he fit in ?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
We have enough attacking players, last week Enciso, Ferguson and Adingra couldn’t get into our starting lineup.

We desperately need cover in central midfield.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
We have enough attacking players, last week Enciso, Ferguson and Adingra couldn’t get into our starting lineup.

We desperately need cover in central midfield.
It’s not binary though….if the right player is available at the right price and is an upgrade on something we have, we might well sign him. Doesn’t mean we aren’t looking at players for other positions at the same time.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The fact we’ve been linked with Kudus & Palmer suggest De Zerbi disagrees.
A left footed right winger like those two and someone De Zerbi absolutely loves.

The issue would be him playing second fiddle to March? Palmer is very young so would not expect to be 1st choice and Kudus can play in multiple positions.

That said, if RDZ requested him, how could the club say no?

GallodiMare

Apr 14, 2023
Apparently the deal to take him from Ze Zerbi’s old club Sassuolo to Juventus has fallen through.

He is one of De Zerbi’s favourite players, can you see him signing for us in this window and if so where would he fit in ?

As an italian, I was (am) thinking the same thing.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
A left footed right winger like those two and someone De Zerbi absolutely loves.

The issue would be him playing second fiddle to March? Palmer is very young so would not expect to be 1st choice and Kudus can play in multiple positions.

Palmer only wants to move to be a regular starter.

GallodiMare

Apr 14, 2023

He looks physically like March. He is left-handed and plays on the right. He is very fast, both in brain and legs. He takes penalties well and is better than Solly at taking set pieces on the edge of the box (a weak point of Albion, especially after MacAl's exit). In a very long season as hopefully it will be (PL, EL, FA, Carabao - maybe I'm forgetting a few), Berardi would be a luxury replacement who would easily find many minutes to play. The problem is that Sassuolo doesn't want 30 million euros, but 35. I think it would be an added value for the team, but perhaps it costs too much. I think RDZ thought about it. Domenico currently refuses to train with his team. Perhaps he thinks of Juventus, perhaps of Brighton. I do not know.

GallodiMare

Apr 14, 2023
He looks physically like March. He is left-handed and plays on the right. He is very fast, both in brain and legs. He takes penalties well and is better than Solly at taking set pieces on the edge of the box (a weak point of Albion, especially after MacAl's exit). In a very long season as hopefully it will be (PL, EL, FA, Carabao - maybe I'm forgetting a few), Berardi would be a luxury replacement who would easily find many minutes to play. The problem is that Sassuolo doesn't want 30 million euros, but 35. I think it would be an added value for the team, but perhaps it costs too much. I think RDZ thought about it. Domenico currently refuses to train with his team. Perhaps he thinks of Juventus, perhaps of Brighton. I do not know.

There are many videos about him on YT, you have just to choice. I only send one, then I shut up and eclipse myself forever (just joking). Happy for BHA!

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
True, we’ve only got Gross, Gilmour, Dahoud, Lallana, Milner, Alzate, Bunnanotte, Ayari with Moder and Moran as extra cover
But not a physical defensive midfielder in the Caicedo mould. Baleba is probably the one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here