Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Does Cucurella deserve a bit of a boo today ?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Will be hard enough to maintain the goal of becoming a consistent top ten club if we have to reinvent the wheel every season. Why sign Cucurella on a five year contract then allow him to be cherry-picked after one year? This is going to be an ongoing problem. If any one of the kiddies we've signed this close season lights up the league a la Cuccurella this coming season, they'll be gone this time next year. It's a bit dispiriting to say the least, and that's just speaking as a fan. For the backroom staff tasked with trying to build something solid it must feel ten times worse

You can be depressingly glass-half-empty some times....

In one of my proto-aspergers moments as a ten year old, I though "so, another season over. My team (which was Leeds at the time) have won the league. What if they don't win it next season? What if they do win it, but don't win it the season after? This is all pointless!"

Eventually I reconciled to the idea that it is what it is (which was inescapable after my allegiance switched to The Albion). Enjoy the good bits and try to forget about the bad bit. As for the wankers who want to give it large about how their team (ManUre, who they have never seen in the flesh) are the best team in the world, why mix with wankers :shrug:

:thumbsup:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Will be hard enough to maintain the goal of becoming a consistent top ten club if we have to reinvent the wheel every season. Why sign Cucurella on a five year contract then allow him to be cherry-picked after one year? This is going to be an ongoing problem. If any one of the kiddies we've signed this close season lights up the league a la Cuccurella this coming season, they'll be gone this time next year. It's a bit dispiriting to say the least, and that's just speaking as a fan. For the backroom staff tasked with trying to build something solid it must feel ten times worse

:lolol:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
You can be depressingly glass-half-empty some times....

In one of my proto-aspergers moments as a ten year old, I though "so, another season over. My team (which was Leeds at the time) have won the league. What if they don't win it next season? What if they do win it, but don't win it the season after? This is all pointless!"

Eventually I reconciled to the idea that it is what it is (which was inescapable after my allegiance switched to The Albion). Enjoy the good bits and try to forget about the bad bit. As for the wankers who want to give it large about how their team (ManUre, who they have never seen in the flesh) are the best team in the world, why mix with wankers :shrug:

:thumbsup:

Bit in bold true. Tho even if it wasn't would be really struggling to take the positives from losing a player earlydoors that it's been an absolute joy to watch :shrug:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Bit in bold true. Tho even if it wasn't would be really struggling to take the positives from losing a player earlydoors that it's been an absolute joy to watch :shrug:

Isn’t it rather premature to be having the post mortem ? Last i looked Albion weren’t keen on selling and City weren’t keen on paying.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove

People say we should aspire to be like Southampton. Finding top talent and selling them on at a great profit - but who wants to be Southampton ? They are nearly always knocking around the bottom three and rarely have a good cup run . It would be good to hold onto Cucurella for more than one season - if he returns to the Amex as a Man City player I WILL NOT be applauding him.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
People say we should aspire to be like Southampton. Finding top talent and selling them on at a great profit - but who wants to be Southampton ? They are nearly always knocking around the bottom three and rarely have a good cup run . It would be good to hold onto Cucurella for more than one season - if he returns to the Amex as a Man City player I WILL NOT be applauding him.

Thumbs up from me for your post - apart from your final sentence. Boy's following his dream and has done us fans no wrong

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here