Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Does Cucurella deserve a bit of a boo today ?

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
This is silly. Its obviously the usual ploy by an agent to get things moving again so he/she gets his wedge. Cucu probably has very little say in it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Does he? ???

I wouldn’t boo him and I don’t blame him for wanting to leave for a club challenging for major honours every season. But putting in a transfer request 11 months into a 5 year contract to try and force a move is pretty shabby in my view. Loyalty only works if it’s a 2 way street otherwise you end up looking like a ****.

Only fans are loyal. To players, managers, CEOs it’s a job.
If you go for an interview elsewhere, whilst employed, are you being disloyal?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
If you go for an interview elsewhere, whilst employed, are you being disloyal?

Of course not, but if everyone knew I was trying to engineer a move to another employer I wouldn’t expect the dynamic to be as it was before. Which is why when people have interviews elsewhere they typically book a day’s holiday, rather than announcing, “I won’t be in tomorrow as I’ve job interview somewhere better.”

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Of course not, but if everyone knew I was trying to engineer a move to another employer I wouldn’t expect the dynamic to be as it was before. Which is why when people have interviews elsewhere they typically book a day’s holiday, rather than announcing, “I won’t be in tomorrow as I’ve job interview somewhere better.”

Is it Cucurella trying to engineer a move or his agent? Agents make millions out of transfers.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Is it Cucurella trying to engineer a move or his agent? Agents make millions out of transfers.

Well, who knows. But anyone that thinks Cucurella (or just about any professional footballer, come to that) would prefer to play for Brighton rather than the current Manchester City is, in my view, mistaken.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008

It's a bit of a different environment in professional football to the normal workplace though, no? If a player gets wind the Champions of England are in for them and there's potential to double/triple their salary and win subsequent trophies, you can't really blame them for being interested in the move. Obviously it's more public than a lot of other negotiations and I'm sure Cucu probably isn't the one driving it but if he understands City are interested can't blame him - however he also has to understand if City are trying to lowball us and not meet our valuation he's got to be prepared to impress again this season in our team or his value will nosedive.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Well, who knows. But anyone that thinks Cucurella (or just about any professional footballer, come to that) would prefer to play for Brighton rather than the current Manchester City is, in my view, mistaken.

It’s not about what he prefers, it’s about acting professionally and doing the right thing by your 4 year contract and not acting like a someone who is being unreasonably held to ransome.

I’m sure he would prefer to play for City, and he can and will if his price is met. Handing in a request was a pathetic ploy, especially when I’m sure he’d been assured - if your price is met we won’t stand in your way.

I find it odd so many fans of the club are kind of siding with a transient individual, who this week decided to do something he knew full well would feed a media frenzy - it’s quite odd really.

If he gets his act together and performs then great, if his calf plays up until January, we’ll we’ll see how much sympathy we’ve got for him then.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It’s not about what he prefers, it’s about acting professionally and doing the right thing by your 4 year contract and not acting like a someone who is being unreasonably held to ransome.

I’m sure he would prefer to play for City, and he can and will if his price is met. Handing in a request was a pathetic ploy, especially when I’m sure he’d been assured - if your price is met we won’t stand in your way.

I find it odd so many fans of the club are kind of siding with a transient individual, who this week decided to do something he knew full well would feed a media frenzy - it’s quite odd really.

If he gets his act together and performs then great, if his calf plays up until January, we’ll we’ll see how much sympathy we’ve got for him then.

Excellent post, covering everything.

A transfer request was unnecessary, Bloom is prepared to allow any player leave for the right price, Cucu was not a de facto prisoner (Kane, Zaha).

Arsenal and Spuds met the valuation for our players, Mansour can too.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

I find it odd that many are very quick to judge him for what he did this week despite actually not knowing what he did.

We have very, very little information. I'm sure Romano and Naylor both got bits and pieces of information and that [MENTION=2095]Commander[/MENTION] has a poodle who goes to the same barber as Cucurella, but the full extent of everything and what is really happening... don't think anyone outside the club knows. Until I actually see Cucurella post some shit or say something, I'm not going to throw shit in his direction.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I find it odd that many are very quick to judge him for what he did this week despite actually not knowing what he did.

We have very, very little information. I'm sure Romano and Naylor both got bits and pieces of information and that [MENTION=2095]Commander[/MENTION] has a poodle who goes to the same barber as Cucurella, but the full extent of everything and what is really happening... don't think anyone outside the club knows. Until I actually see Cucurella post some shit or say something, I'm not going to throw shit in his direction.

I think his absence from the squad today speaks volumes ... sorry VOLUMES.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I think his absence from the squad today speaks volumes ... sorry VOLUMES.

Not really saying a lot. Think it is similar to when GP was managing Dan James in Swansea and didn't pick him just after the Leeds deal crashed - no punishment, but does not want to use players who are in a difficult psychological situation.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Not really saying a lot. Think it is similar to when GP was managing Dan James in Swansea and didn't pick him just after the Leeds deal crashed - no punishment, but does not want to use players who are in a difficult psychological situation.

Maybe or maybe we’re both wrong and he’s got a slight calf niggle ... lol. You’re right of course, none of us really know, but I do know that this situation just plain sucks.

Modern football sucks.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Maybe or maybe we’re both wrong and he’s got a slight calf niggle ... lol. You’re right of course, none of us really know, but I do know that this situation just plain sucks.

Modern football sucks.

Unless you’ve jumped on the Citeh or PSG financially doped bandwagons. Where football’s still the beautiful game.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Unless you’ve jumped on the Citeh or PSG financially doped bandwagons. Where football’s still the beautiful game.

It’s always been like this to a certain extent I guess, well for a long while... but it’s worse now and for us, on the cusp of being a big, big team - now we’ve been noticed the big fish will seek to keep us in our place whilst dining out on our talented players.

That said this particular one bothers me more probably because it’s City and their right (as they see it) to dictate terms just because they can.

That, and our recent player of the season, displaying zero scruples helping City and their ilk fulfil their own prophecy... don’t exacerbate the sodding situation by pandering to their self fulfilling narrative Marc... oh, yeah - it’s a little late for that.

Sigh.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018

There’s no way this has been done without his blessing. The manner / tone I suspect is something he may not have signed off on, but then again it could easily be the case

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Seagull

Jan 17, 2021

Bloody hell about time. We’ll said. My OP was tongue in cheek but let’s not feel sorry for him. 1 week before the season starts and he’s doing this. We are allowed to be annoyed.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It’s always been like this to a certain extent I guess, well for a long while... but it’s worse now and for us, on the cusp of being a big, big team - now we’ve been noticed the big fish will seek to keep us in our place whilst dining out on our talented players.

That said this particular one bothers me more probably because it’s City and their right (as they see it) to dictate terms just because they can.

That, and our recent player of the season, displaying zero scruples helping City and their ilk fulfil their own prophecy... don’t exacerbate the sodding situation by pandering to their self fulfilling narrative Marc... oh, yeah - it’s a little late for that.

Sigh.

It has got worse.

Bayern have carved up the Bundesliga for a decade, taking managers/players from their direct rivals, PSG in a similar position, from nowhere Citeh have construed greater commercial ‘income’ than any of Barca, Manure, Real or Bayern. In my lifetime I’d seen Ajax, Porto, Forest and PSV be crowned European supremos, Robson’s Ipswich competed for years in or around the top.

Leicester the outlier when the top 6 all had issues.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here