Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does Brighton have a football hooligan firm

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Palace 1974 north stand, leatherhead fa cup in the south stand ,only a kid wet behind the ears at the time
regards
DR

Ah,the South stand. Can't remember that ever getting taken. West Ham came a cropper in there,had a go quickly dealt with.

first brighton mob???

Attachments

• scan bton rock0001.jpg
    scan bton rock0001.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 594

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
This thread has got me thinking - When was Brighton's first hooligan firm? I remember the Chelsea cup tie in 1967 and I stood in the west stand with my dad and brother but I can't remember any trouble. The Portsmouth League Cup game in 1969 when Portsmouth were in the North Stand and I was in the Chicken Run. Was there any trouble? I was a bit too young. I first ventured into the North Stand in 1969-70 (about 13 years old) with my brother and a mate for a pre-season friendly with Southampton. We got their 1.15ish and sat on the wall behind the goal. 1.30ish Saints mob came rushing in and nearly everyone scattered (my mate legged it to the south stand). Two or three Saints fans tried to get our scarfs but me and my brother held on to them until another Saints fan came over and said to the other guys to leave us alone as we were too young to fight. Could this be the time Saints fans busted up the Top Rank Suite that night? . . So when was Brighton's first firm? And when did you notice fighting at the Goldstone?

the first time i saw trouble was the Rovers 8-2,on the the final whistle it seemed like the whole north stand took off for the south,where all the Rovers fans were

Jan 30, 2008
Ah,the South stand. Can't remember that ever getting taken. West Ham came a cropper in there,had a go quickly dealt with.
so did i ,got a slap from a few in the seats when i was walking along the walkway between the seats and terrace, they were in the seats :facepalm:
regards
DR

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch

vividly remember that day,was standing on the south west corner with the old man,thinking ****ing hell look at all those west ham

then i noticed some "late arrivals" turning up,discussing tactics just behind us,a few minutes later a massive ruck started behind the goal

i've gotta say,i was far too young to get involved (well 14,maybe not :lolol:) but those brighton lads did us proud that day

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
I remember someone from the Bosun getting carried out on a stretcher that game after the OB had their go.

Jan 30, 2008
vividly remember that day,was standing on the south west corner with the old man,thinking ****ing hell look at all those west ham

then i noticed some "late arrivals" turning up,discussing tactics just behind us,a few minutes later a massive ruck started behind the goal

i've gotta say,i was far too young to get involved (well 14,maybe not :lolol:) but those brighton lads did us proud that day
fast forward 30 years and you could say the same thing about West ham
regards
DR

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010

They certainly did. When I said had a go I meant the West ham fans and were dealt with by the Brighton. Like you a tad too young then. In the South thinking it would be quiet.:facepalm:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
never went in there till late 70's .Why?
regards
DR

Not horses in the North Stand, I meant outside in Old Shoreham Rd.

My dad took me to The Goldstone when I was a kid, and my mum has asked me a few times if I remember trouble outside The Goldstone with police horses involved, I can't remember myself and my dad is not alive to ask.

I went to so many games back then but don't remember any serious trouble until the Spurs match, I remember Millwall
coming down wearing surgical masks and the OB Put them in the West Stand next to the tunnel, the OB had dogs and stood in front of Millwall.

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
BHA took a firm - including a good few in the earlier WSF photo - to Selhurst for the scums last game of the season in '85 against Huddersfield (I think) which was an amusing afternoon!!

Jan 30, 2008
Not horses in the North Stand, I meant outside in Old Shoreham Rd.

My dad took me to The Goldstone when I was a kid, and my mum has asked me a few times if I remember trouble outside The Goldstone with police horses involved, I can't remember myself and my dad is not alive to ask.

I went to so many games back then but don't remember any serious trouble until the Spurs match, I remember Millwall
coming down wearing surgical masks and the OB Put them in the West Stand next to the tunnel, the OB had dogs and stood in front of Millwall.
to young to get involved then, was on Holiday at the time but heard all about it ,they were from a different planet :eek:
regards
DR

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I remember Millwall

I think that was the game one if the police Alsatians got loose and jumped into the Millwall supporters biting a few of them.

Jan 30, 2008
BHA took a firm - including a good few in the earlier WSF photo - to Selhurst for the scums last game of the season in '85 against Huddersfield (I think) which was an amusing afternoon!!
in the white horse end? , went there for an evening game when they played Wolves out of interest, Palace were in that end and gave Wolves a rough time
regards
DR

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010

Was that when they walked through the AW and kicked it off to the bewilderment of the watching Huddersfield fans.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I think that was the game one if the police Alsatians got loose and jumped into the Millwall supporters biting a few of them.

I remember the Alsatians going mad but can't remember them jumping into the Millwall supporters, but i was in the North so well away from the Millwall mob, obviously this was many years ago and I can't remember it that clearly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here