Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Does beer improve your matchday experience?

Do you enjoy watching live football more with an alcoholic drink inside you?

• Yes

Votes: 110 60.4%
  • No difference

Votes: 43 23.6%
  • Enjoy it more without alcohol

Votes: 25 13.7%
  • Don't know

Votes: 4 2.2%

• Total voters

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
In August 2018 i went to a pre- season friendly at the Amex , and had. a pint of cider (i normally had a pint of Harvey's) . I've not had a drink since.
Christ, how bad was that cider?
Put you off drink for life, and just thinking about it appears to completely remove any ability to place full-stops correctly.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
It depends how much but there were a number of away games when I couldn't recall much of the football but really enjoyed the ex6.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Having been usually pleasantly alight with a few liveners, the past few months have been a whole new experience as in a couple of cups of tea at the stadium.
Pros and cons for both experiences.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Now we're back in the Prem with early kick offs I find I can get just as aroused with a couple of coffees inside me as a few pints of ale. And coffee is a nicer accompaniment to Victoria Sponge.
If ever Brighton ceased to exist I think I'll support Fulham. Coffee and Victoria Sponge before a match sounds just divine. Throw in Angel Cake and I'll be looking up your season ticket prices. I already support Harlequins, so I'm halfway there.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I think if someone wants a beer, go for it. Personally I don't partake in beers before or during games as I have the bladder of an infant hummingbird. Same goes for cinema, flights, theatre or sit down gigs and concerts. It just ruins the experience for me, knowing I'll need to pee, probably more than once or twice.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Enjoy a beer or two at a game but only been an option in the ground since the Amex days. Wouldn't stop me going if it wasnt allowed.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I’m normally driving home soon after - 60 odd miles - so I don’t. But I would not be that bothered about a beer anyway.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I’ve never got the relationship between sport and booze. The need to sink a few pints before kick off, at half time and at full time has completely passed me by.
And don’t forget the chucking it in the air “oh look at us, we’re going kerrr-azzzzzy” when someone scores. Barber’s comments on this during his Albion Roar spot are interesting and I completely agree with.

Last edited:

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
When I get back to Sussex it's an excuse to drink a couple of Harvey's before the game. Mind you if Harveys wasn't availabe I'd make do with a couple of another brew, only two mind. Bladder can hold that for a couple of hours.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here