Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Does beer improve your matchday experience?

Do you enjoy watching live football more with an alcoholic drink inside you?

• Yes

Votes: 110 60.4%
  • No difference

Votes: 43 23.6%
  • Enjoy it more without alcohol

Votes: 25 13.7%
  • Don't know

Votes: 4 2.2%

• Total voters

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
There were 5 or 6 of us every Saturday that met in The Cliftonville at about midday for a drink before the game , we were all 15 or 16 , Knoll boys you know , and that has set precedence ever since . The only two days a week i want a beer is Saturday and if we have a Midweek game , it has always been part of the experience/routine for 45 years now , so unlikely to change anytime soon .

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
4x440ml Lidl 6% cider only £2.19 ...no one should have to watch England sober

The Seagull

Jan 17, 2021
Went to Lille in 1998 for WC to see England and the place had no alcohol and no atmosphere. I actually thought it was a bit sad that we couldn’t create an atmosphere without beer inside us. Other countries get an atmosphere going without being drunk. It was sad really and more a reflection on the British culture.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
The last time I had a few beers before a game, I had to go for a wee a couple of times so couldn't see the pitch, and we scored every time - missed every goal.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
It's not essential (or even important) on most matchdays but I appreciate the choice. And some matchdays when say, we are meeting up in town pre-match, it definitely improves the experience.

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Nope, never drink or have don't at the football, and I've always been puzzled by people that 'need' to have a drink at the football.
I admire and am even a little envious of your ability to not touch the witches brew , it certainly hasn`t done my once incredibly firm 6 pack any good over the years . But it would be more of a test had you have had the benefit of knowing a "Full On" football Saturday with all the trimmings , Beer in large and plentiful quantities followed by any of the unhealthy fast foods that take your fancy at the time . Perhaps add it to your bucket list , you may find you missed out (y)

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I normally drive to The Amex and sometimes have a pint before KO and I have to say it does seem to make it more enjoyable, seeing old friends and catching up, if I have a cuppa I tend to go to my seat. If I go by train I have a beer before and after the game, bloody love it!

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
If circumstances allow then I enjoy a drink before and/or after a match, especially at away games (although that has been curtailed somewhat by having to get coaches more this year).

That said if I have to drive after the match or have an early start the morning after an evening game I am more than happy not to and still enjoy a game, although the coffee at the Amex isn't great.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I used to have a beer at every football match , sometimes in the pub , often in the concourse. I couldn't really imagine a game without it. And often used to watch games at home drinking beer too.
In August 2018 i went to a pre- season friendly at the Amex , and had. a pint of cider (i normally had a pint of Harvey's) . I've not had a drink since.

Ailema

Oct 26, 2022
Yes! I usually have a few before the game as it's cheaper, then one at the match. Takes the edge off especially before a big game! I don't get hammered or anything though, just pleasantly buzzed. But can also live without drink, and don't drink at all in the week.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I can take or leave drinking at the stadium. Its normally a shit pint, in a plastic glass and vastly overpriced. For reasons, I can't be bothered to explain I was at Oxford v FGR on Saturday. We went for a pre match pint in a quiet pub 20 minutes walk from the ground. A couple of pints of decent Moretti in a glass with a seat is an all too infrequent occurance watching the Albion.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Football is a social event which I spend with my mates, this involves a Pint with them before the game and one at half time. It is part of the days experience.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here