Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does anyone here think Trump is a safe bet for Pres?

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
what on earth was trump talking about when he said hillary stooges were being paid to be violent at trump rallies to the tune of $1500 ....has he completely lost the plot? you cant accuse another presidential candidate of being a part of this sort of stuff with no proof

Sure he can, the 'make stuff up and see what happens' approach seems to have been one of his main strategies!

....... She's hardly Michael Foot with tits, now is she?

Just seen this and once I had stopped laughing cannot get this disturbing image out of my head! You do have a way with words RC!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I think we can safely close this thread, Clinton has this wrapped up sadly America has fallen far from the dreams of its forefathers...

such a potential to change humanity has been wasted.

"I have a dream" is now "I have a nightmare"

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Hilary seemed to come out on top. Trump's hint at refusing to accept the result won't do him any favours

All in all a shocking spectacle on both side, hardly any policies

Sounds familiar ...

Miliband and Clegg are just as arrogant as Donald Trump

Ed Miliband and Nick Clegg ostensibly have little in common with Donald Trump. Unlike Labour’s ex-leader and the former Liberal Democrat grand fromage, the Republican presidential candidate has — so far — been highly successful.

Trump won a stunning victory in the Republican primaries and has made an enormous impact on his country’s politics. In contrast, Miliband lost heavily last year and Clegg’s lot were almost wiped out in the same contest. “Sad,” as Trump would put it in one of his tweets.

It may well be that Trump is on the verge of his own Miliband-style defeat, of course. And it is there, in a shared inability to accept defeat, that Mili-Clegg and the other Remainers seeking to undermine Brexit have more in common with Trump than they would like to admit.

The ghastly Trump has indicated that he will refuse to accept the people’s verdict if he loses. Is that not what the most extreme Remainers are doing, while implausibly claiming to respect the result of the EU referendum they lost?

Of course they eschew Trump’s bombastic “man-child” squealing about the unfairness of being beaten. Instead Remainers put on grave, empathetic expressions and tour the television studios to emphasise the right of parliament to be the ultimate arbiter on important decisions.

While parliament should vote on the Brexit deal when it is eventually negotiated, demands for MPs to bind the government before it even begins talks are clearly designed to deny ministers the freedom of manoeuvre they require. It is Remainer mischief-making dressed up as constitutional concern.

Such antics merely poison the already polluted democratic well, just as Donald Trump seems about to do in America. Trump is planning to set up a TV station to pursue his claim if he loses to Hillary Clinton. Mercifully there is no sign of Miliband and Clegg trying to establish their own channel here. One suspects the audience would be too small to register in the ratings.

But in refusing to accept what has been decided by the voters, the hardline Remainers are undermining a key tenet of democracy and risk further alienating angry voters. Our system rests to a large extent on the notion that we accept the result of free and fair elections with good grace, even if we’ve lost, and get on with making the best of it.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/co...rump-cxt2wwl27

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I often think "there must be LOADS of normal people who are Millwall fans who are deeply embarrassed by the reputation of their club and the fans who 'represent' there stereotype".

This whole election campaign has made me feel the same sympathy, but for sensible americans.

Amazing :lolol:

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Sounds familiar ...

Ed Miliband and Nick Clegg ostensibly have little in common with Donald Trump. Unlike Labour’s ex-leader and the former Liberal Democrat grand fromage, the Republican presidential candidate has — so far — been highly successful.

Trump won a stunning victory in the Republican primaries and has made an enormous impact on his country’s politics. In contrast, Miliband lost heavily last year and Clegg’s lot were almost wiped out in the same contest. “Sad,” as Trump would put it in one of his tweets.

It may well be that Trump is on the verge of his own Miliband-style defeat, of course. And it is there, in a shared inability to accept defeat, that Mili-Clegg and the other Remainers seeking to undermine Brexit have more in common with Trump than they would like to admit.

The ghastly Trump has indicated that he will refuse to accept the people’s verdict if he loses. Is that not what the most extreme Remainers are doing, while implausibly claiming to respect the result of the EU referendum they lost?

Of course they eschew Trump’s bombastic “man-child” squealing about the unfairness of being beaten. Instead Remainers put on grave, empathetic expressions and tour the television studios to emphasise the right of parliament to be the ultimate arbiter on important decisions.

While parliament should vote on the Brexit deal when it is eventually negotiated, demands for MPs to bind the government before it even begins talks are clearly designed to deny ministers the freedom of manoeuvre they require. It is Remainer mischief-making dressed up as constitutional concern.

Such antics merely poison the already polluted democratic well, just as Donald Trump seems about to do in America. Trump is planning to set up a TV station to pursue his claim if he loses to Hillary Clinton. Mercifully there is no sign of Miliband and Clegg trying to establish their own channel here. One suspects the audience would be too small to register in the ratings.

But in refusing to accept what has been decided by the voters, the hardline Remainers are undermining a key tenet of democracy and risk further alienating angry voters. Our system rests to a large extent on the notion that we accept the result of free and fair elections with good grace, even if we’ve lost, and get on with making the best of it.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/co...rump-cxt2wwl27

They seem to be confused with referendums, elections, democracy and are comparing two very different political systems. Load of b*******ks really.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
They seem to be confused with referendums, elections, democracy and are comparing two very different political systems. Load of b*******ks really.

..." Remainers seeking to undermine Brexit have more in common with Trump than they would like to admit" :p

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
The general public in most countries are generally idiots.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
..." Remainers seeking to undermine Brexit have more in common with Trump than they would like to admit" :p

There's a slight difference between wishing our government to use the process of parliament to implement legislation and dismissing an election or plebicite as a fraud when it doesn't go your way.

All I know is leavers folk hero Mr Farage was quite happy to speak at Trump rallies, if he didn't agree with his rhetoric he wouldn't have done it would he, or was it just financial (a bit like being an MEP)

Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
There's a slight difference between wishing our government to use the process of parliament to implement legislation and dismissing an election or plebicite as a fraud when it doesn't go your way.

All I know is leavers folk hero Mr Farage was quite happy to speak at Trump rallies, if he didn't agree with his rhetoric he wouldn't have done it would he, or was it just financial (a bit like being an MEP)
Farage and Trump won't release their tax returns. I wonder what secrets they would reveal if they did.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Farage is not the Leavers folk hero. That's you proving the point about the common tactics used by some on the Remain side and Trump. I know it's not the same, as Trump appears to be a vile human being and most Remainers are simply getting carried away with their point of view. However, when you undermine the democratic process by trashing people who voted for the other side then you chip away at society and entrench the very people with whom you disagree. We won't defeat Donald Trump by using his tactics.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Sounds familiar ...

not really, dont see any parallels between them. yes, Miliband, Clegg and many others are trying to work around the referendum result citing constitutional and parliamentry process, but Trump wouldnt know anything about process. he just bitches and ponificates like so many keyboard warriors.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Loved Clinton's line about Trump having to translate his autocue from Russian while he's reading it.

:rock:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here