Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does anyone here think Trump is a safe bet for Pres?

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Reagan did many bad things too but he (along with Nixon) had an ideology that they believed in, he was the driving force in winning the Cold War and because of that we no longer have the Berlin Wall. Both entered politics having a purpose, I see nothing from Clinton except the lust for power and a stack of dead bodies, dubious decisions, funny money and outright lies.

Sandinista.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It is now impossible to link all the stories accusing The Donald of being a rich, old, empowered, rapey, white man.

God bless America.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The stories and allegations now coming thick and fast.

"Lock him up! Lock him up!" ? [emoji38]ol:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
What I find most astonishing is that a candidate who doesn't appear to have a single coherent policy - apart from a pie-in the-sky notion of making another country pay for a wall and tax cuts for the very rich - offers little in the way of any vision - apart from a meaningless slogan - and who has a long record of lying, bullying and financial misdealing is attracting 40% of the vote (according to the latest polls).

I'm not sure whether that's a reflection of the low standards of the American electorate or the poor quality of his opposition but it's a sobering thought that he's going to poll higher than the UK governing party

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What I find most astonishing is that a candidate who doesn't appear to have a single coherent policy - apart from a pie-in the-sky notion of making another country pay for a wall and tax cuts for the very rich - offers little in the way of any vision - apart from a meaningless slogan - and who has a long record of lying, bullying and financial misdealing is attracting 40% of the vote (according to the latest polls).

I'm not sure whether that's a reflection of the low standards of the American electorate or the poor quality of his opposition but it's a sobering thought that he's going to poll higher than the UK governing party
That's the one that gets me.

Because everything else is such a complete meaningless mess, his one actual coherent policy does a bloody good impression of sounding plausible...

...for a split second.

This nonsense article (how can copy and pasting twitter be classed as journalism) goes someway to explain why Lord Trumpington is poling as well as he is.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-us-2016-37639738

[tweet]786402838847029250[/tweet]

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]786621073332834304[/tweet]

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Trump says women who accused him of sexual assault are too ugly for him to assault.

2 more ( worse ) possible stories about him in the pipeline to entertain us in the coming days it is rumoured.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Trump says women who accused him of sexual assault are too ugly for him to assault.

this is why he is not fit to hold any sort of public office. how does he think that's the acceptable answer to accusations of being a misogynist perv?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

Just shows what a basket case politics has become. Style over content every time, the sound bite beats sound policy.

The electorate is sick of mainstream politics and this is how it chooses to demonstrate its frustration.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

2 more ( worse ) possible stories about him in the pipeline to entertain us in the coming days it is rumoured.

He's unlikely to be assaulting Hillary - which is nice:-

[tweet]787006529379663872[/tweet]

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
There are some cracking Trump Halloween costumes in the stores

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
There are some cracking Trump Halloween costumes in the stores
If nothing else, The Donald has certainly made American Elections Great Again.

I just can't get enough of the election - not a phrase anyone was saying a year ago.
I'm spending most of my spare time just trolling around (liberal) sites feeding my Donny addiction.

Plus getting in early on #TeamMichelle2020

Coxovi

NSC Patron
Nov 5, 2011
Suisse
Can I ask, is mainstream US as depressed about this election as the rest of the world?

You cannot begin to imagine. It causing lasting damage to the country. Trump is probably too much of an idiot to get elected, but will the next demagogue be? Much of what has protected us Trump has torn down.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
14725767_10154062967194072_5914674597871028476_n.jpg

Be glad when it's all over. Another bloody debate this Wednesday.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Hilary seemed to come out on top. Trump's hint at refusing to accept the result won't do him any favours

All in all a shocking spectacle on both side, hardly any policies

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Hilary seemed to come out on top. Trump's hint at refusing to accept the result won't do him any favours

All in all a shocking spectacle on both side, hardly any policies

she came across as calm and collected waiting for trumps accusations,one on one debate she def won this one

what on earth was trump talking about when he said hillary stooges were being paid to be violent at trump rallies to the tune of $1500 ....has he completely lost the plot? you cant accuse another presidential candidate of being a part of this sort of stuff with no proof.......if its true hillary would be in violation of everything regarding the election.......this will be the major undoing of trump.....accusations off the cuff without evidence.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here