Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does anyone else think Harley could play a major role this season?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I saw flashes of a quality player from him in the few times I saw him on the field. The big problem was his attitude when he didn't have the ball, very little to offer in chasing and closing down players and actually battling for the ball. If he's not going to do the basics, which he seemed very loathe to get involved in, he has no chance here IMO. I do think that on the ball he has qualities we could use. I hope he feels determined to prove himself and ups his contribution when he hasn't got the ball. Potential is definitely there IMO.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I think Harley has got the ability to play at Championship level if he could drop his lazy approach to the game and put the required effort in, I made a point of watching him during the warm up once and even then he just seemed to be going through the motions which to me sums up his whole style. I'm still a bit undecided if the bloke is just lazy, Genuinely hates exercise or considers himself a bit above all that so therefore doesn't need to bother? Whatever it is he needs to have a major change of attitude if he wants succeed at this level or above.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
He clearly has quality, and the ability to play at this level. Problem is he doesn't seem to have the work rate required to play the kind of game we play. He's a luxury player, you can afford one of them in the side if they're brilliant at everything else, but he isn't. He's a shit Matt Le Tissier. I hope he gets a chance this year though.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I haven't read the whole thread but for what its worth, he may just be of use if used as an attacking midfielder, which is where he made his name...simple.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
To be fair, Harley deserves a chance to get in the first team and I do believe Oscar will give him the opportunity to prove himself. However, if he does not sing from Oscar's hymn sheet, Oscar should send him on his way quicker than a cow chucked off a bridge. I don't expect Harley to be a seagull come August if he is not up to Oscar-Standard

100% agree. Lets give him a second chance first though instead of slating him on here?

janee

Fur half
Oct 19, 2008
Lentil land
He may be a confidence player rather than lazy. Having been a star at Exeter, his confidence must be very low after being dumped by Swansea and then that penalty miss at Millwall then loaned out. Worth one more chance maybe.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Not for me. Everytime he puts on a BHAFC shirt he has a Weston.

BHAFC_98

May 21, 2013
We all know the boy has quality and it's a real shame that Poyet never gave him a fair crack to show us what we can do, his hearts clearly in the right place and I think he could be an important player for us under our new manager.

What?! He's just a lazy, untalented benchwarmer that knows how to take a free kick. That's it. He even struggled to hit a shot over 5mph from the penalty spot. He's just shit!

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I don't see anything in him whatsoever. He's only ever really done it in L2 (or was it L1?) at Exeter and if he is as good as we can get in one of those CMF slots then we won't be challenging for anything. I recognise there's divided opinion here so won't slag anyone saying give him (another) chance but I don't even remotely get it.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I find it heart-warming in it's own special way that no matter how patently useless an Albion duffer is, there's always somebody that'll post 'give him another chance'. Bless.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I was quite pleased when we signed him because he was well rated by Exeter fans. Other than his goal against Peterborough and one or two flashes of promise he has singularly failed to deliver. He's expendable but as others have said Oscar may be able to do something with him, if not get rid pronto.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
There is a possibility Oscar will get the best out of him like Gus got the best out of Adam ElAbd

MillitantSeagull

Jul 10, 2010
Brighton
I highly doubt it, but like others have said, pre-season is about showing what you can do and proving yourself to the staff, with the squads current situation I think this is very apt. With the current selection of players we have though and the potential player we may sign I think it's very unlikely he will be in a Brighton shirt on the 3rd of August.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here