Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Does anyone else find the official highlights unwatchable because of the commentary?

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
It's not that bad, but then again it is decidedly average.

And it's better than the days of Bob Booker on co commentary duties. Lovely guy but all the tedious jokes and shouting over the commentator. That was bad.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I can watch either, doesn't bother me.
Now the woman on motd, her voice gets right on my tits. She has such a dull, monotone voice that even her excitement sounds dreary and disingenuous. Awful commentator.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Off topic and not really relevant at all now, but the challenge from Matip on Mac Allister in the build up to our first goal looked an obvious second yellow to me at the time and even more so watching it back. Would the ref have had to stop the game to send him?
Interesting point.
The ref often goes back to a player and shows a yellow card for a foul that the ref played advantage but as it's a 2nd, maybe he bottled it
Especially as we had scored.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I also can’t stand the guy that is used in official highlights - his delivery just sounds really forced and unnatural. I’m with others in thinking it is maybe added after the match. I’d rather they overlaid the Radio Sussex radio on top of the highlights.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
- It's 100% live.
- Have you heard some of the other clubs commentators? They're WOEFUL.

After a week like this, starting such a negative thread about someone who works for the club and does a great job is... weird? I actually enjoy hearing his reaction after I've watched it on the tele and feel like he really wants the Albion to win.

Commentary guy. He's alright :thumbsup:

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
- It's 100% live.

After a week like this, starting such a negative thread about someone who works for the club and does a great job is... weird? I actually enjoy hearing his reaction after I've watched it on the tele and feel like he really wants the Albion to win.

This. It is 100% done live not dubbed after. I like him, good passion for the albion, agree that the crowd sound up a bit would be good though.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I don't actually mind the commentary.

Saying that, given me Jonny and Warren any day.
Everyone is a poor second to Jonny and Warren IMHO

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
"Welcome to this meeting of 'Yes, but where are our Chip Forks' - the discussion group for Brighton fans who like to moan, but can't get through to Radio Sussex."

" Well - Exciting young team; Scoring lots of goals; Club very well run; Pushing for the top six; Solly March in the form of his life; Even Maupay's gone."

- "Wow. This time it really is a struggle to find anything to be negative about."

- "What about the commentary on the highlights of us beating Liverpool at home in the league for the first time in most of our lifetimes?"

- "You mean the commentary on the highlights that the club produces really quickly and lets us have for free?"

- "Yeah, it's awful isn't it?"

- "Is it?"

- "Well no, it's not awful. The bloke's obviously a fan of the club. But he's not Kenneth Wolstenholme."

- "Okay, it'll have to do."

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
- It's 100% live.

Sorry if it appears... weird. :oops:

Like many others, I've watched the Everton/Middlesbrough/Liverpool highlights countless times already...

Just find it a bit frustrating that I end up watching the Sky highlights rather than the club material, as the commentary ruins the club highlights for me...

Only a minor concern really. I'd prefer there to be no commentary at all, rather than the amateurish cringey vibe we're currently getting.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here