Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Does anyone else find the official highlights unwatchable because of the commentary?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Yes. Can’t stand the guy the club use personally. Commentary so obviously added after the event too.
You sure it’s added after? I’m not too sure on that l. It appears very quickly after the game…

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
You sure it’s added after? I’m not too sure on that l. It appears very quickly after the game…
Not sure, but often sounds like it. ‘After’ could be as little as a few minutes though - highlights clipped as they happen, commentary added immediately. Full match with that soundtrack doesn’t appear anywhere so wouldn’t think 90 mins of commentary is being done.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
I don't think the commentary is added on afterwards - I seem to recall an interview with the fella a little while ago and he seemed a nice guy and i got the impression it was live. I always feel a little quesy with these sort of threads - I wonder how he'd feel if he came on here (which I bet he does) and sees a thread devoted to how much someone hates his commentary. He's just doing his job.

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
Why not just watch the highlights with the sound muted?

Why would I want to watch the highlights with the sound muted?

The joy of hearing the crowd and, on occasion, the commentary, is part of the beauty.

Sky commentary is good... but it's just a shame our official channel is so poor, commentary wise.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

The joy of hearing the crowd and, on occasion, the commentary, is part of the beauty.

Sky commentary is good... but it's just a shame our official channel is so poor, commentary wise.
Exactly 👍

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Yes. Can’t stand the guy the club use personally. Commentary so obviously added after the event too.
I don't mind the chap commentating, but whether it is live or not, the sound of the crowd is too muted in Albion's official videos and also sounds less dynamic. I want the atmosphere to properly come through.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Sky commentary is good... but it's just a shame our official channel is so poor, commentary
What is it with you.
First it was the aquaduct, then the monorail and now the commentary :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here