Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Doctor Who 50th Anniversary

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
He was brilliant as the civil servant in the torchwood mini series, children of the earth.

I was very surprised captain jack harkness was not involved in some way, or river song

indeed dave. children of earth some of the best sci fi outside of dr who. its brilliant.

Yes i know captain jack was referenced but he should have been in it.

I am annoyed eccleston didnt at least give us a "fantastic" when hurt regenerated. Moody northern winker.

Finally dear old lis sladen was ignored. i am pissed off at this even just her photo next to the brig would have dome. intead we get bloody kamelion ffs.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I know there will be no swearing but we had " abrasive " with Eccleston and it never really worked. The last two Doctors came with limited previous especially Smith, but, both grew in to the role and made it their own.

David Tennant, "limited previous"? He'd been playing lead roles at the RSC, you can't much nearer the top of the tree than that.

I don't know how you can say Christopher Eccleston didn't work either. He wasn't sacked, he just didn't want to do it any more but I liked him, he brought a real edge to the role. He's my daughter's favourite (she's spent the last year catching up on all the doctors, she was only 2 when Eccleston quit). And William Hartnell was a pretty irascible character, and he set the whole thing off

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Then it wont have escaped you that its the FIFTIETH anniversary. Worth the self indulgent celebrating no? Only Corrie and Blue Peter have ran longer and still going today.

The way the programme has been hyped,no-one can miss the fact that it is the 50th anniversary.
Thank God I won't be around for the 100th.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
The way the programme has been hyped,no-one can miss the fact that it is the 50th anniversary.

What a great thought. I reckon I could be around for the 100th. Looking forward to it already !

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
IMG_0029_zpsdf644438.jpg

Is that a swastika on the gallifrey kid's strap? Perhaps the doctor should have killed them all...

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Yeah il have to admit I watched it after coming back from watching the ALBION in the pub so after 7 pints and a bottle of wine maybe I'll enjoy it more watching it again today SOBER :)

And enjoy watching it Sober I did (been on the wagon now for 48 hours)
Just shows how large amounts of alcohol can make life seem such a blur

David Tennant, "limited previous"? He'd been playing lead roles at the RSC, you can't much nearer the top of the tree than that.

I don't know how you can say Christopher Eccleston didn't work either. He wasn't sacked, he just didn't want to do it any more but I liked him, he brought a real edge to the role. He's my daughter's favourite (she's spent the last year catching up on all the doctors, she was only 2 when Eccleston quit). And William Hartnell was a pretty irascible character, and he set the whole thing off

Another vote from me for Christopher Eccleston, thought he was was excellent with the "Empty Child/Doctor Dances" being one of my favourite stories since the reboot, and they also introduced Captain Jack to the Whoniverse.

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
Could someone explain the Tom Baker bit tho. Who was he? He couldn't if been playing his version of the Dr as he regenerated at a much earlier age.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Could someone explain the Tom Baker bit tho. Who was he? He couldn't if been playing his version of the Dr as he regenerated at a much earlier age.

Its been inferred that when timelords "retire" they can revist old bodies, or as tom said just the old favourites. So in effect it is a future doctor in the body/appearance of an "older" fourth.

See unmade adventure shada for more info.

Last edited:

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Maybe you'll regenerate :D

Eccleston is my least favourite Doctor - probably not helped by the fact that I don't really like him much as an actor, his professional chip on the shoulder Northerner routine is very wearing. Far too much manic gurning.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here