Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dobbie has gone!

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Actually, I suspect that he didn't. At all. He might claim it, as part of a blatant backing down from an undefendable opinion, but I firmly doubt he was on a wind up.

In that case, I am speechless and my apologies. Very embarrassing for him if that's the case.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Last year, after losing the first 3 league matches, there was a lot of discontent on the forums. The club said wait until the window has closed before you judge the transfers, I did that and I was pleasantly surprised with how it turned out. I'll be thinking the same way this year too. If you want a list of what each signing brings to the table, it'll be a waste of time. What I can say is I think Ollie has brought in some potential and some filler. I'm not disappointed with any player and I won't judge them until they've had a chance on the pitch.

I can understand your optimism. You bought shite last season but somehow your old manager was able to do some alchemy with them that was just enough to withstand Olly's attempt to screw it all up. Problem is that you still have Olly at the helm and that spells relegation certainties.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
:facepalm:

Oh dear, that really is the most deluded thing I've ever read on this board! Bridcutt and Kuszczak would make our team ahead of Dikgacoi and Speroni. Upson is level with Gabbidon and Delaney. That's it.

Of course Bridcutt and PIG are better than Dikgacoi and Speroni. There is no contest.

Put the rivalry aside for one minute and think. Christ on a bike you'll be saying Chamack is better than Ulloa next.

Syph

Banned
Feb 20, 2013
I can understand your optimism. You bought shite last season but somehow your old manager was able to do some alchemy with them that was just enough to withstand Olly's attempt to screw it all up. Problem is that you still have Olly at the helm and that spells relegation certainties.

Yeah. Ollie really screwed it up last year.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Daily Mail (£8.5 million):
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...Gayle-Stephen-Dobbie-joins.html#ixzz2chUMIwN3
Sky sports (£4.5 million):
http://www1.skysports.com/football/...striker-dwight-gayle-from-peterborough-united
Guardian (£4.5 million):
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/jul/03/crystal-palace-dwight-gayle-peterborough
The Sun (£6 million):
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...al-Palace-could-pay-85m-for-Dwight-Gayle.html
Footytube (£2.75 with add ons):
http://www.footytube.com/news/guard...h-striker-dwight-gayle-L24589?ref=hp_trendian
Everyone else (£undisclosed)

Fact is that the fee is undisclosed, so people - including you - make up what they want to hear. We've confirmed that he was our record signing, which was around £2.75 million previously, so it'll be equal or more than that figure. Anything else is a guess.

How on earth can you come to the conclusion that I've "made up what I want to hear?" when I've been told by a long standing selhurst sth that the fee is in fact £6.5m rising to £8.5m??

What I actually want to hear is that your owners have got plans approved to redevelop that dump of a ground that's a disgrace to football.

Please I'm full of anticipation as to how you're going to compare Giggs and Phillips :lol::lol::lol:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
When was the last time that the original subject of this thread was mentioned? i.e. Stephen Dobbie?. It's all become Yawnsviille, Tennessee now l'm afraid.

Syph

Banned
Feb 20, 2013
upthealbion198800 said:
How on earth can you come to the conclusion that I've "made up what I want to hear?" when I've been told by a long standing selhurst sth that the fee is in fact £6.5m rising to £8.5m??

What I actually want to hear is that your owners have got plans approved to redevelop that dump of a ground that's a disgrace to football.

Please I'm full of anticipation as to how you're going to compare Giggs and Phillips :lol::lol::lol:

No one knows, so it doesn't matter who told you. I'm a long standing st holder, why not believe me?

Anyway. I don't think Giggs and Phillips are the same. Only you judged Phillips on his age and I gave you an example of a player who has defied age - much like Phillips.

You are clutching at straws. I'm not being unreasonable, I just have a different opinion, that's all.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Yeah. Ollie really screwed it up last year.

Apologies - I forgot you only started getting interested and actually going to games when you got to the play-off final. Really don't know what I was thinking discussing historical issues with a Palace fan. I am really very sorry to have caused any confusion or upset for you.

Syph

Banned
Feb 20, 2013
Apologies - I forgot you only started getting interested and actually going to games when you got to the play-off final. Really don't know what I was thinking discussing historical issues with a Palace fan. I am really very sorry to have caused any confusion or upset for you.

I've been going since 2002 and a season ticket holder since 2003. Try again. I accept your apology though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here