Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Syph

Banned
Feb 20, 2013
Phillips is 40
CHAMAKH, is shit
Gayle, to much of a step up for prem not ready yet
Puncheon, Meh!!!!!

At 38 Phillips scored more Championship goals than anyone in your team (at Blackpool). At 39 he held his nerve to score an important penalty, after scoring 7 goals from January. At 40, he still looked classy. You judge Ryan Giggs? Don't judge Kevin Phillips.

Chamakh has a Champions League record and a good pedigree, before being marginalised by his own club. He looked good on Saturday. I remain optimistic.

Gayle is an Arsenal trainee, who dropped out and rose back up again, quickly. I remain optimistic.

Let's see what happens on Saturday and then you can see whether you're correct.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
All joking aside, of the Palace squad I'd have Speroni as a back-up to Kuszczak, Williams definitely, Bolasie probably, and maybe Campana and Gayle for their potential. I might have Dobbie back because I never thought he had a proper chance here, and he tends to come good in the playoffs. I've seen enough of Chamakh to know that I'd prefer Ulloa any day of the week. Jedinak? Sooner or later referees are going to spot the way he leads with his elbow on most headers and start dishing out red cards. Looking at their squad list, there's nobody else really.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
At 38 Phillips scored more Championship goals than anyone in your team (at Blackpool). At 39 he held his nerve to score an important penalty, after scoring 7 goals from January. At 40, he still looked classy. You judge Ryan Giggs? Don't judge Kevin Phillips.

Chamakh has a Champions League record and a good pedigree, before being marginalised by his own club. He looked good on Saturday. I remain optimistic.

Gayle is an Arsenal trainee, who dropped out and rose back up again, quickly. I remain optimistic.

Oh behave mate. Phillips is still a potent threat in short bursts but will struggle for longer than 20 minutes. Chamakh is mediocre at best and Gayle? You are having a laugh. Arsenal found him out very quickly.

Fair play on your optimism but your faith is misplaced.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

Are you really trying to compare Ryan Giggs and Kevin Phillips? C'mon be serious, the only thing they have in common is their age. 1 is a journeyman and the other has played for the most successful English club in history for his entire career :lol:

None of our players have scored any goals for Blackpool in case you hadn't noticed.

Chamakh has a champions league record of what? Ask west ham fans what his "pedigree" did for him last season :lol: he's an overpaid slightly younger Wilbraham :lol:

Gayle is a trainee? £6.5m for a trainee :lol: that's the funniest thing you've ever posted on here.

Syph the palace numpty, the gift that just keeps giving. Looking forward to your next instalment.

Syph

Banned
Feb 20, 2013
Are you really trying to compare Ryan Giggs and Kevin Phillips? C'mon be serious, the only thing they have in common is their age. 1 is a journeyman and the other has played for the most successful English club in history for his entire career :lol:

None of our players have scored any goals for Blackpool in case you hadn't noticed.

Chamakh has a champions league record of what? Ask west ham fans what his "pedigree" did for him last season :lol: he's an overpaid slightly younger Wilbraham :lol:

Gayle is a trainee? £6.5m for a trainee :lol: that's the funniest thing you've ever posted on here.

Syph the palace numpty, the gift that just keeps giving. Looking forward to your next instalment.

Not sure if you can read, but what I said was Phillips scored more goals at Blackpool in the season that he was 38 than anyone in your team. He also scored 7 goals last season from January onwards. For someone who will make brief cameos, he is plenty good enough.

West Ham rate Andy Carroll, I don't think we need to debate that point any further.

The Gayle fee is nowhere near £6.5 million. He was an Arsenal trainee and was reeased. Lots of players get released from bigger clubs and make their way back up again. There's nothing funny about that.

I'm not a numpty, I just have a different opinion on our players than you. I've said leave it until the weekend, but if you lot keep quoting me, I'll keep popping back and replying with my opinion.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London

Not quite true - remember Hammond last year?! That was a fun afternoon.

All joking aside, of the Palace squad I'd have Speroni as a back-up to Kuszczak, Williams definitely, Bolasie probably, and maybe Campana and Gayle for their potential. I might have Dobbie back because I never thought he had a proper chance here, and he tends to come good in the playoffs. I've seen enough of Chamakh to know that I'd prefer Ulloa any day of the week. Jedinak? Sooner or later referees are going to spot the way he leads with his elbow on most headers and start dishing out red cards. Looking at their squad list, there's nobody else really.

But they're in the Premier League and we're not?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Not sure if you can read, but what I said was Phillips scored more goals at Blackpool in the season that he was 38 than anyone in your team. He also scored 7 goals last season from January onwards. For someone who will make brief cameos, he is plenty good enough.

West Ham rate Andy Carroll, I don't think we need to debate that point any further.

The Gayle fee is nowhere near £6.5 million. He was an Arsenal trainee and was reeased. Lots of players get released from bigger clubs and make their way back up again. There's nothing funny about that.

I'm not a numpty, I just have a different opinion on our players than you. I've said leave it until the weekend, but if you lot keep quoting me, I'll keep popping back and replying with my opinion.
It's been widely reported EVERYWHERE the fee is exactly this, and it will rise if he activates certain clauses. Give it a rest you bell end

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
But they're in the Premier League and we're not?

So Joel Ward and Aaron Wilbraham are technically Premier League players - would you rather see them in the Albion team than Bruno and Ashley Barnes? Some of us are unconvinced about Barnes, but Wilbraham has scored two goals in the last two seasons...

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

And Ulloa scored 11 between early feb and the end of the season, yet you still compared Phillips to Giggs :rotlf:

Chamakh is shit, he was shit at arsenal and he was shit at west ham. What do you think has changed in the last 3 years?

The fee for Gayle has been reported everywhere as £6.5m ( :lol: ) rising to £8.5m ( :rotlf: ) but you carry on ostrich style, I'm sure you're a comedy genius :)

I await your next comedy instalment :thumbsup:

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
So Joel Ward and Aaron Wilbraham are technically Premier League players - would you rather see them in the Albion team than Bruno and Ashley Barnes? Some of us are unconvinced about Barnes, but Wilbraham has scored two goals in the last two seasons...

I'd probably take Joel Ward over Bruno (given the latter's injury record and age), but not Wilbraham over Barnes.

Whatever we say, though, the two Palace boys succeeded where ours couldn't.

Syph

Banned
Feb 20, 2013
but you carry on ostrich style, I'm sure you're a comedy genius :)

I await your next comedy instalment :thumbsup:

Daily Mail (£8.5 million):
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...Gayle-Stephen-Dobbie-joins.html#ixzz2chUMIwN3
Sky sports (£4.5 million):
http://www1.skysports.com/football/...striker-dwight-gayle-from-peterborough-united
Guardian (£4.5 million):
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/jul/03/crystal-palace-dwight-gayle-peterborough
The Sun (£6 million):
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...al-Palace-could-pay-85m-for-Dwight-Gayle.html
Footytube (£2.75 with add ons):
http://www.footytube.com/news/guard...h-striker-dwight-gayle-L24589?ref=hp_trendian
Everyone else (£undisclosed)

Fact is that the fee is undisclosed, so people - including you - make up what they want to hear. We've confirmed that he was our record signing, which was around £2.75 million previously, so it'll be equal or more than that figure. Anything else is a guess.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Didn't Dagenham(?) blab the amount they received as sell on, which can be used to extrapolate back the total fee given the %age figure of this sell on is known ???

Can't be bothered to look it up and work it out, but I've a feeling it came out to around 6 million. Might be wrong.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Daily Mail (£8.5 million):
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...Gayle-Stephen-Dobbie-joins.html#ixzz2chUMIwN3
Sky sports (£4.5 million):
http://www1.skysports.com/football/...striker-dwight-gayle-from-peterborough-united
Guardian (£4.5 million):
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/jul/03/crystal-palace-dwight-gayle-peterborough
The Sun (£6 million):
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...al-Palace-could-pay-85m-for-Dwight-Gayle.html
Footytube (£2.75 with add ons):
http://www.footytube.com/news/guard...h-striker-dwight-gayle-L24589?ref=hp_trendian
Everyone else (£undisclosed)

Fact is that the fee is undisclosed, so people - including you - make up what they want to hear. We've confirmed that he was our record signing, which was around £2.75 million previously, so it'll be equal or more than that figure. Anything else is a guess.

£3m would be a great deal. He gave those Spurs defenders a torrid time on Sunday.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Seems Chamakh has already accepted Palace's fate.

From The Guardian: "Chamakh signed a one-year deal at Selhurst Park last week. "There were several opportunities in Greece, Turkey, Spain, France and even the Middle East. But I prefer another season in England because I love this championship. I know I'll have plenty of time to play here [at Palace]. I'm going to get chances, and find the net."

:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports