Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you WIPE standing up or sitting down?

Do you stand or sit when wiping your bottom?

• Stand

Votes: 71 46.1%
  • Sit

Votes: 83 53.9%

• Total voters

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
Ok, upon reading this I thought 'no bloke sits down whilst wiping his ****ing arse after taking a dump'. No brainer, or so I thought. Me personally, stands but bends the back and lifts the right leg to excavate the remaining balance. Works a treat. Sitting down and wiping is for women.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Always stand so as an experiment I tried sitting this morning. Firstly, it is awkward as you have far more obstacles than when standing. Secondly, no way can you get to every crevice, you are just digging around in the dark and hoping for the best. I urge all you sitters to try the alternative, so much more freedom and access :)

As a side discussion, have you ever tried sitting on the pan the wrong way around just for lols. Apparently this is known as an AC Slater following his love for sitting backwards on a chair in Saved by the bell. Own up, who has tried an AC Slater?

I was pondering trying this at work today, but the gents were out of order - maybe someone else tried it :ohmy:

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I wipe with one hand near the sensor so as the toilet doesn't swirl before it's time. Which leaves me partially standing and partially sitting. If I also happen to be holding a piece of reading material I will sometimes be waving the aforementioned reading material while partially standing with my other hand doing the dirty work. If someone happened to walk in accidently while I was in mid wipe it surely would be a confusing situation for the toilet invader.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Be careful if you stand to wipe while using this toilet.

12_16%20Andrea%20Showing%20Us%20how%20to%20Use%20an%20Indian%20Toilet.jpg

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
I'm a stander but these days my shitter and most of those I deign to use in public have arse squirters, so I only need a quick wipe to soak up the water dripping from my poop chute.

Bidet2.jpg

Last edited:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I'm a stander but these days my shitter and most of those I deign to use in public have arse squirters, so I only need a quick wipe to soak up the water dripping from my poop chute.

Bidet2.jpg

Do you go for the full wax, polish and valet service?

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
on another note, i once sat on a loo and it fell through the floor into the kitchen below. Fortunately there was no-one in the kitchen as

a) they may have been killed by the rapidly descending lav.
and
b) had they look up they would have looked straight up through the hole at my winking starfish hovering above them.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Always been puzzled by those that favour the sit/wipe position as surely, the stand/wipe offers easier access providing you ensure any dangling detritus has fallen safely into the bowl before you rise from the seat? And its clearly (in my case anyway) a full stand, more of a downhill skier as someone else has previously mentioned.

While we are on such matters, what is your average length of time for a satisfactory dump? Are you an 'in and out in a couple of minutes' character or do you favour the leisurely 15-20 minute relaxation poo?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Always been puzzled by those that favour the sit/wipe position as surely, the stand/wipe offers easier access providing you ensure any dangling detritus has fallen safely into the bowl before you rise from the seat? And its clearly (in my case anyway) a full stand, more of a downhill skier as someone else has previously mentioned.

While we are on such matters, what is your average length of time for a satisfactory dump? Are you an 'in and out in a couple of minutes' character or do you favour the leisurely 15-20 minute relaxation poo?

I tried standing as i normally sit and its well,absurd like i said a while back...

Anyhows,in response to your valid question a lot depends on what has been consumed,normally i go at 5 in the morning and then again at about 530 during the week,the first tends to be a fire and forget effort the 2nd edges towards 10 minutes short relax..

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
79 voters had good parenting advice the rest were raised by cave dwellers.............waits

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here