Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you WIPE standing up or sitting down?

Do you stand or sit when wiping your bottom?

• Stand

Votes: 71 46.1%
  • Sit

Votes: 83 53.9%

• Total voters

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
The 'standing' option seems fraught with dangers. What do you 'standers' do to ensure that semi-detached clingons don't fall off into your undergarments when you stand up??

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
This thread also prompts another question; how many always and without exception wash their hands thoroughly after a no.1, let alone a no.2?

Reminds me that while using the plumbing at HT during the Bolton game at The Amex a little lad stood waiting for his Dad caused much amusement by shouting 'he didn't, he didn't, he didn't, he didn't, he didn't....' pointing boldly at a succession of punters concluding their business in the Gentlemens water closet. Presumably it was his Dad who then asked the lad 'what didn't they do?...' to which the lad replied 'none of them washed their hands Eeurgh!!'. Caused great amusement and several punters appeared sufficiently embarrassed by this little lad to do a u-turn and wash their hands before heading back onto the concourse.. :clap::clap: Even better he then pointed out several of the aforesaid unwashed punters queueing for a pie and a pint........ brilliant. But not so good from a hygiene point of view......

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
As a student of Archaeology I like to emulate our Roman forefathers with the sponge and stick method.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
This thread also prompts another question; how many always and without exception wash their hands thoroughly after a no.1, let alone a no.2?

Reminds me that while using the plumbing at HT during the Bolton game at The Amex a little lad stood waiting for his Dad caused much amusement by shouting 'he didn't, he didn't, he didn't, he didn't, he didn't....' pointing boldly at a succession of punters concluding their business in the Gentlemens water closet. Presumably it was his Dad who then asked the lad 'what didn't they do?...' to which the lad replied 'none of them washed their hands Eeurgh!!'. Caused great amusement and several punters appeared sufficiently embarrassed by this little lad to do a u-turn and wash their hands before heading back onto the concourse.. :clap::clap: Even better he then pointed out several of the aforesaid unwashed punters queueing for a pie and a pint........ brilliant. But not so good from a hygiene point of view......

I'd have given the kid a THICK ear :moo:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The 'standing' option seems fraught with dangers. What do you 'standers' do to ensure that semi-detached clingons don't fall off into your undergarments when you stand up??

I think the technical term to which you refer is the 'bonus ball'.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I have a football related tale, of the possible pitfalls of sitting.

I sit, shifting all my weight on to one buttock to gain access, this is the normal method of doing things in my opinion, and anyone who chooses to stand is clearly not quite right. However, I was forced to seek an alternative strategy after a half time dump in the executive boxes (portacabins) at Selhurst a couple of seasons ago. The shifting of 15st of weight onto one buttock was too much for the cheap plastic seat and fittings, and the seat shot out from under me, under the gap at the bottom of the side wall and off towards the urinals. Thankfully, the walls of the cubicle were made of slightly stronger material and this prevented me from creating, and sitting in, the sort of mess that upsets Ian Holloway, and I was able to perform a satisfactory wipe in a downhill skier type position. So, sitters, beware of cheap seats and crappy fixings.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

I have to confess that i rarely wash after a pee at the Amex, I can confirm though that I do not piss on my fingers and my old boy is probably the cleanest thing I have touched since leaving the house, having been housed in a clean pair of undies directly after showering.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I like to sit. Going for a poo is one of life's great joys and why would I interrupt that by standing up to wipe my bum when I can do it from the comfort of a germ infested seat?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
who the hell wipes standing? absurd

Edit:quite a few weirdo's judging by the poll..............for scientific reasoning i shall give it a try....cant see getting right up there for a good clean from that angle but still i shall...

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I've got a bad back which makes it somewhat difficult early mornings - a half up crouch and plenty of cursing, following by a good scrub.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
This forum has really gone down the pan.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here