Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you want Wales to win against Belgium?

Supporting Wales...

• Good luck, love the team spirit

Votes: 106 51.2%
  • Hope you get spanked

Votes: 101 48.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Allons-y (literally 'we go there') is the rough translation of 'let's go'.

I suggest you meant 'allez belgique'. :)

:lolol:

This is like that scene from Life of Brian. 'Romans they go home ?"

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
On to the question in hand. Lets take a look.

Bales have beaten an appalling Russian side, a poor Slovakia, and…Northern Ireland. By an own goal. In the worst game of the entire tournament. They even managed to lose to this ENGLAND side after we gave them a goal start. So off the back of this they’re now “world beaters” who can apparently beat anyone on their day, because of their phenomenal togetherness and team spirit blah blah blah blah BLAH.

Well bollocks to it. They’ve proved nothing, they’ve surprised no-one, they’ve beaten no-one. This will be the first decent team they’ve played, and I fully hope and expect to see them get their arses handed to them on a plate. They could lose 4-0 tonight though, and everyone will still be fawning over them, saying how AMAZING Bales have been this tournament. Based on what ? Really. What ??

#humbug

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Blooming well didn't. I thought it was hilarious when they got duffed by Peru :lolol:

I was born in '78 so it was before my time, but I remember the media love in here with The Republic of Ireland in 1994. I didn't fall for it. I supported the Dutch in the 2nd round when they played them, just like I will with Belgium tonight.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The presence of the one and only Joniesta is enough to tip me over to Belgium. Vive la Belgique!

Tis a tricky one for sure. Ginger Kev & Eden Hazard vs Gareth Bale & Aaron Ramsey. Reckon GB & AR and all their little elves will prevail by sheer force of team spirit. Oh, and deadly set pieces also.

jameswestport

Sep 7, 2011
I want them to win the whole thing. They've the only player in your home nations who's truly world class

FREDBINNEY

Banned
Dec 11, 2009
I was 11 at the time so you old gits might not have felt the same way. I was pure and free of animosity :)
Probably, i was 9 in 74 and was behind scotland all the way , that had changed by 78 with the 'allys army' record containing the verse 'and England cannae do it cos they didnae qualify'.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Yep it is funny.

I find it odd though because I didn't enjoy us beating Wales, it was just about points, and I have alaways got behind our home teams in competitions.

As a kid in 1978 when Scotland went to the World Cup, I can only remember the whole of England getting behind them.

I had as much joy watching the Archie Gemmill goal against Holland, as I have done any England goal.

https://youtu.be/d1axsnMRbbo

I tried to explain my liking for Scotland in sport to a generally rational Scottish friend. I was told it's patronising. So now I just like Scots folk and grossly dislike their sportsman. That appears to be fine.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Living in Sussex I'm going to support my local team as always. Belgium it is.

Living in Cornwall I'm going to support my local team as always. Wales it is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here