Do you think we will finish in the top 6 this season?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you think we will finish in the top 6 this season?

• Yes we will

Votes: 117 55.5%
  • No we won't

Votes: 94 44.5%

• Total voters

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I voted yes, because with the squad of players we have got and some of the points we have thrown away, I think we are possibly as low as we could be atm. Can see us losing many and surely these draws can be turned into wins. We just got to be a bit more attack minded and not so cautious.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
Yes. I've seen enough of Ulloa for 70 minutes to know that he will make all the difference as both the target man and centre half that we so desperately need to push into the play-offs.

I am so certain we'll make it that I'll now be waging a few shekels with Victor Chandler.

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
If ulloa is consistent and plays as well as he did on his debut I'd say 6th.

If not I'd go for 7th

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Yes if we can beat the teams above us. No if we lose to them and that is the problem we hav'nt beaten any of the top teams in the first half of the season

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Can't see it unless we approach games more positively to turn draws into wins. Would love to be proved wrong and more than happy with progress on and off the pitch but will go for 8th this season

Seaford by the sea

Sep 29, 2008
seaford
It's hard to see any of the top six slipping up, but i do genuinely believe we are capable of putting a really good run of results together that will see us into the top 6.:ascarf:

I've already had an argument with the wife after she suggested booking a holiday that co-incided with the playoff final

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
It's hard to see any of the top six slipping up, but i do genuinely believe we are capable of putting a really good run of results together that will see us into the top 6.:ascarf:

I've already had an argument with the wife after she suggested booking a holiday that co-incided with the playoff final

Have to disagree with above, Palace have won 1 in 8, Hull are not in great form and Boro's team looks flimsy to me. Cardiff & Leicester should fill the top 2 places. Watford have just lost so hopefully that's the start of their bad run (although cant see it). Like most have said, depends on getting a defender in and how well Ulloa does, but I am firmly in the YES camp.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
It's a yes from me. I think Mr Ulloa will prove more powerful and successful than any 'no' voter could dare imagine, I can see him replicating the Roberts-Reading effect of last season that Gus is always banging on about. We've so much attacking flair and talent hoping for a place in the team/squad. Would any of these players make anyone's starting 11: JFC, Vicente, Hoskins, Dobbie, Lua Lua? I believe those players are all potential match winners and have it in them to make the difference between a play-off place or a mid table finish. Someone will drag us up like Dobbie did with Blackpool, some player will take responsibility, find that magic form and become a legend. Play-Offs here we come baby!

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
reluctantly voted no.

I may be in a minority of one, but i didnt think Ulloa's touch was all that on saturday. Sure he had a good game, and got in the right place for his goal. But I didnt see the ball sticking to him like it used to with a certain northern mardy judas...

But then I thought the scotch pies were gash and everyone else on here seems to like the concept of a burger in a pie crust....

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I think I predicted 8th at the start of the season and it will probably be around there. Poor Ulloa. So much pressure on him to perform but if he is up to scratch it could make all the difference. We seem to genuinely be a couple of players away from being serious contenders.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Yes I do now !

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
8th is fair for the quality of the squad we had before Ulloa. A lot depends on how he performs.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Highly optimistic ...but yes!

130130Footie_zps48c9a077.png

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Top six odds
Cardiff 1/250
Leicester 1/33
Hull 1/5
Watford 2/5
Palace 1/2
Boro 1/2
Brighton 5/2
Dirty L**ds 4/1
Forest 9/2
5/1 bar

I'd have us around 15/8 so 5/2 represents a modicum of value IMHO.
I'd be looking to fill the satchels laying Hull at fives ON.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/championship/championship/top-6-finish

Is far more an indicator, than the biased straw poll results of fans of a club outside the top 6.

Gus and the team must have total focus now on 9 points from the next 3 games, making the away game at mega spending Cardiff not crucial.

A quality centre back to partner El Abd would help.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Top six odds
Cardiff 1/250
Leicester 1/33
Hull 1/5
Watford 2/5
Palace 1/2
Boro 1/2
Brighton 5/2
Dirty L**ds 4/1
Forest 9/2
5/1 bar

I'd have us around 15/8 so 5/2 represents a modicum of value IMHO.
I'd be looking to fill the satchels laying Hull at fives ON.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/championship/championship/top-6-finish

We need Millwall to beat Hull at home this weekend, and for us to beat Wednesday :lolol:

Then our home game v Hull the following week becomes even more MASSIVE, and we can reel them in to within 2 points with another win.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports