Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you think the JOCKS will vote YES ?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I hope they do leave to be honest...Least they won't have to be told what they can and can't do by the EU bellends,good luck to them i say.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Of course they will, due to their hatred of us. They don't think rationally, especially after watching Highlander, an American film starring an Aussie, made in Ireland. That proper stirs up the skirt twirling frisps.
They really do hate us.

In the same way that the Aussies "hate" us and the Irish and just about anyone who can trace their heritage back to a time when England mistreated them.

Actually, underneath all that kilt waving and "freedom" shrieking the scots have served with honour alongside British soldiers in times of war, have the best banter with the English and many millions of associations via marriage, business and friendship with the English.

They don't ALL hate us. They love us in a hateful way.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
The BBC polling expert on the Jeremy Vine show last week was saying that actually in the 16/17 age group the majority were for staying in the Union, it was the 18-24 age group that were in favour of independence. I hope they say no, and I think they will narrowly, but if not, I can't see it being as easy and smooth to separate as Salmond insists. Currency, EU, NATO, Trident, they are all massivley important, and yet, there is nothing certain about any of them. Voting Yes will mean a leap into the unknown, which is why I believe in the end, the No campaign will win
my Scottish nephew miss the vote by three days and he would voted no and he does support Scottish teams with a soft spot for his dad's side the Albion. Just a thought will our northern boarder be harder to control than the Channel ports in the south.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Just announced on the BBC that the government is creating an action plan to give more powers to the Scottish parliament in the event of a NO vote.

Errr ..... why ? Surely if the vote is no then a majority of Scottish voters want at least the same ties to the Union as there are now, not less ?

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Indeed. The more intense the NO campaign gets, the more likely it is that the undecided voters will turn towards YES.

The English just don't get it. And this thread is just one tiny example of how that is the case.

most English don't really give a monkeys about Scotland nowadays

apart from a few celebs that just want to continue their salmon fishing & deer hunting in peace

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Just announced on the BBC that the government is creating an action plan to give more powers to the Scottish parliament in the event of a NO vote.

Errr ..... why ? Surely if the vote is no then a majority of Scottish voters want at least the same ties to the Union as there are now, not less ?
Bribery is common in politics:lolol:

tweenster

Oct 16, 2009
Lincoln
I haven't met a single Scot who is pro independence, but as they all live in England I don't believe they are eligible to vote.

Does anyone have any idea what this campaign has cost? I can think of an awful lot better causes.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
We can all mock and state things,but it will have ramifications potentially for all of us and i personally hope it does not rock the boat too much,it should not but it might.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I haven't met a single Scot who is pro independence, but as they all live in England I don't believe they are eligible to vote.

Does anyone have any idea what this campaign has cost? I can think of an awful lot better causes.
Quite. A lot of the unionists already live in England and many more will follow if there's a no vote.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

They have way too many powers already

Would Western Australia be allowed to get Independence from Australia as they have all the resources, would Texas be allowed Independence from Washington as they have all the oil, they'd never let it happen.

Labour started all this non sense with devolution and Cameron has trumped it by giving them Jocks and their kids the vote to leave.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009

Would Western Australia be allowed to get Independence from Australia as they have all the resources, would Texas be allowed Independence from Washington as they have all the oil, they'd never let it happen.

Labour started all this non sense with devolution and Cameron has trumped it by giving them Jocks and their kids the vote to leave.

It's actually quite depressing this development, as it indicates a complete lack of strategy and vision behind the No campaign.

If you were voting No because you supported a close union, this new development completely undermines why you would No. It's greater independence regardless of how the vote goes.

At its heart though is a lack of political principle, the better together campaign should be sticking by its guns and extolling the benefits of the union.

Trying to keep everyone happy just doesn't work, eventually you just end up pissing everyone off.

It's a metaphor for contemporary British politics and the obsession for occupying the centre ground, as oppose to drawing the electorate towards your arguments.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
If they do vote yes, when do we kick out the Scottish MP at Westminster

Once the result is announced, I believe they will be rounded up, taken to the Tower of London & shot. Think of that scene in the great escape. I understand that tickets to this event will be going on sale next week. Apparently it will be quite a bash with food stalls and live music. I've heard Barlow is interested in playing but Bowie is already on board. Barrowman looks set to host which I'm pretty pleased about, safe pair of hands and handsome although a little dim. I think BP will sponsoring the event but talks are still underway. Should be a cracker this. Like many on this board, I will be cleansing my home of anything Scottish, I'll be throwing out or burning anything with a Scottish connection from porridge to my pet Scottish terrier (the most painful part for me). Hopefully they'll be some public bonfires I can throw my Billy Connelly VHS' on.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
It's actually quite depressing this development, as it indicates a complete lack of strategy and vision behind the No campaign.

If you were voting No because you supported a close union, this new development completely undermines why you would No. It's greater independence regardless of how the vote goes.

At its heart though is a lack of political principle, the better together campaign should be sticking by its guns and extolling the benefits of the union.

Trying to keep everyone happy just doesn't work, eventually you just end up pissing everyone off.

It's a metaphor for contemporary British politics and the obsession for occupying the centre ground, as oppose to drawing the electorate towards your arguments.

The momentum thing is interesting too. You can sense a shift in attitudes, as with all aggressive nationalism it cows the less committed, as it gains momentum.

We are witnessing the death of the uk we grew up with regardless of the result. It's arguable that the English have spectacularly mismanaged their relationship with Scotland, but to unshackle pure nationalism that threatens our nation state was utterly insane, especially since very similar sentiments are suppressed so harshly in England.

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
The Labour party must be cacking itself. 40 out of 59 MPs representing Scottish constituencies are currently Labour as opposed to 1 Tory. No wonder Dave seems detached from the whole campaign.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
If Scotland do vote for independence, how long until Northern Ireland and Wales gets their own vote too? - I'd imagine that it could lead to the total break up of the union in a short space of time as they would be more likely to vote to leave if Scotland already had.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

Breaking News: Despite being part of a Union with England, Scotland is in fact a separate country already.

Quite a few people don't seem to understand this. Scotland isn't a county of England, this is not like Essex seceding. This is more like the UK leaving the EU. To all of you who argue that Scotland shouldn't be allowed to leave, do you believe the same about the UK and the EU?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
If Scotland do vote for independence, how long until Northern Ireland and Wales gets their own vote too? - I'd imagine that it could lead to the total break up of the union in a short space of time as they would be more likely to vote to leave if Scotland already had.

Wales and NI will probably see how things pan out with Scotland. If independence is a success then they may go for the vote.

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west

A Welsh or Northern Ireland vote would be far less likely to result in independence.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Wales and NI will probably see how things pan out with Scotland. If independence is a success then they may go for the vote.

You think the consensus for Northern Ireland would be an independent state? More like all this has the potential to destabilise again.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Still can't believe just over 2% of the UK pop could split us apart.

I blame Labour, having Scottish and Welsh Assemblies was unnecessary and what more could come back to bite them, if there is a YES vote when will Labour ever win an election again. Complete fools..

Is that really possible 2%. I am not being funny but please explain how this could happen. Not been following this too closely as it doesn't really affect me too much.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here