Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you think the JOCKS will vote YES ?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I fancy the NO vote will win by 3-4% and the key issue will be currency. There are also two other polls that have the NO vote still winning. The gaps is closing because some Don't Knows are now saying YES. It stands to reason that those still saying Don't Know in the polls are more likely to vote NO in the booth - a lot must feel they can't openly say No because it might appear unpatriotic.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Why do we have to absorb their debt ? The UK racked up debt and as part of the UK they are responsible for a share of it.

the debt is in £ and we dont want them to formally have currecny union, so not much choice really. we can ask them to take their share and they might do so because overwise it looks like they are defaulting. but we cant force the matter really. Salmon thinks this is his ace that he can negotiate currency union with, i think we'd rather just swallow it. the irony is, as we've seen in the eurozone, is currency union requires centralised fiscal policy to have any hope of working, so they'd have to surrender financal independence if they did have a currency union. no.1 in a long line of contradictions.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Supporters of Scottish independence say the "big momentum" is with them with less than two weeks to go before the referendum vote.

It comes as a Sunday Times poll suggests the Yes camp has taken the lead for the first time.

Some 51% of those who have made up their mind and intend to vote back an independent Scotland while 49% plan to vote no, the YouGov poll suggests.

Better Together leader Alistair Darling said it was a "wake-up call".

The poll of 1,084 people is the first and only serious study to put the Yes campaign ahead.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
You wonder to what extent the YES vote has been swelled by the failure of New Labour - an illegal war, a shite Scottish PM in Brown, a poor No campaign leader in a Darling and a joke party leader in Miliband. Labour offers little attraction to the Scots, so many must be thinking what have they got to lose?

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Supporters of Scottish independence say the "big momentum" is with them with less than two weeks to go before the referendum vote.

It comes as a Sunday Times poll suggests the Yes camp has taken the lead for the first time.

Some 51% of those who have made up their mind and intend to vote back an independent Scotland while 49% plan to vote no, the YouGov poll suggests.

Better Together leader Alistair Darling said it was a "wake-up call".

The poll of 1,084 people is the first and only serious study to put the Yes campaign ahead.

Polls mean nothing. Made up science.

It's like asking 10000 people out of a nation of 10 million.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
You wonder to what extent the YES vote has been swelled by the failure of New Labour - an illegal war, a shite Scottish PM in Brown, a poor No campaign leader in a Darling and a joke party leader in Miliband. Labour offers little attraction to the Scots, so many must be thinking what have they got to lose?

No it's still all the Tories fault and the Southern English. This whole thing is a farce, letting children vote, it not being put to the whole of the uk, the piss poor amount of information in the public domain about the realities.

This is utterly based on and driven by nationalism. Considering what the English have been told about acceptance and multiculturalism in the last couple of decades, it's offensive that this orgy of nationalism has been condoned.

If this is going to drag on endlessly from now on, which seems likely, then just get it done now. If they cannot get over the fact England is bigger, londons a mind boggling lay remote 5 hours away on the train, and they still got the hump after 300 odd years, just do it. But secretly a lot of them love the fact that this getting them noticed. I have lost count of how many jocks ask me what I think of it. The answer they hate the most is if you say you don't care. Says it all really.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Why such little faith in the youth? I've no doubt that 16 & 17 yr olds are just as likely to have a full grasp of the issues as anyone else. It's deeply patronising to suggest otherwise.

Besides which, if you're old enough to pay taxes, get married and have kids the you should surely have a right to vote as well. I'd like to see 16 & 17 yr olds given the vote across the board, especially considering the shockingly low turnouts we have for all our elections.

Agree that turnouts are low, but most 16 year old know jack about Politics, and I just don't understand how they can vote in this referendum, but not in General Elections .

How many 16 year old do you know who are married and pay taxes, seeing as it's now compulsory to stay in education till 18?

So because you believe "most 16 year old know jack about Politics" those that do and can be bothered to get up off their apathetic arses and actually go out and vote should be denied? Curious attitude that.

Lots of adults voting can't see further than their own short sighted interests - usually the cut in income tax bribe. Should we stop them voting too?

Yep, granted that the new stay in education until you're 18 rule means nearly all won't pay taxes, with those in apprentices probably not earning enough to pay taxes, and very few getting married at 16 (still need parental consent until they're 18 for this). But I still believe that they should have the right to vote as many of the issues will still affect them directly, both now and in their very near future.

Yes, I know your next logical move. Extend it to the whole population then as kids of all ages are directly affected by issues that us adults vote on. But 16 seems like a very sensible age to give people the vote to me. I despair when adults show such little faith in our youngsters.

I'm 17 and I'd probably only trust about 30-40% of my peers to make an informed and reasoned choice on an issue such as this or indeed, have a vote in the general election.

That said, the percentage of adults I trust with their right to vote is pretty similar.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Anyone who would ever argue against independence for someone else can go f*ck themselves imo.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Time you was in bed then young man, back to school next week.

bean6.jpg

Sleep is for the weak.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

Not to mention the shite Scottish PM Tony Blair.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Depends which side of the bigot brothers turn out more votes .Also who'll be obliged to bail out an independant Alba when it goes tits up 3 years down the line?

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
I suspect it'll be a very, very tight No; but will end up leading to huge concessions to basically make it near-independent under the same monarchy. If the UK leaves the EU, a re-run could turn out very differently.

Depends which side of the bigot brothers turn out more votes .Also who'll be obliged to bail out an independant Alba when it goes tits up 3 years down the line?

EU, IMF or nobody; depending on what international organisations they end up in. The more they get the less likely they'd go boom.

Polls mean nothing. Made up science.

It's like asking 10000 people out of a nation of 10 million.

10000 from 10,000,000 is actually a huge set for polling purposes. There's been decades of scientific work to ensure that polling a properly selected set of people gives a relatively accurate result.

mlg57

Oct 20, 2006
Milton Keynes
I was in Scotland just before the last independence debate, i got the impression at the time that they would vote No. This was based on the fact I drove around a fair bit of Scotland and saw more No banners than Yes ones. Since that last debate though there has been a distinct shift to the Yes campaign.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I am all for a Union myself and the greater benefits that go hand in hand with being stronger together,still that said if Scotland chooses independence,then that is what they choose and the moment they take this decision they MUST accept that myself, as an Englishman wishes them to be big,brave and very grown up about it and understand that i personally and i hope this view is shared by the Bank of England do NOT allow them to have the pound,and that they truly are set free,to make their own way in the world.

I will be having this discussion with my daughter within the next few years and she too will be under no illusion that when she leaves home,she cannot have my pound either.:D

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
If they do give us the Spanish archer then I for one will never award my 12 points to them in the Eurovision Song Contest

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here