Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you think the JOCKS will vote YES ?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Is anyone else staggered that you can still get odds of between 3/1 and 4/1 on a YES vote? No is between 1/4 and 1/5.

It's almost worth putting £50 on the YES vote, then if the union is fvcked you can at least spend the weekend getting sh1tfaced for free.

Its a good bet. After all this isn't going to be a Crimea type 95% landslide.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The Ipsos/Mori poll for STV is 49% YES (up 7% from the last Ipsos/Mori poll at the beginning of August) 51% NO (down 7%) , there might be a YouGov poll later this evening for The Times/Sun as the final poll before voting day. The result might be too close to call with only a few thousand votes deciding the outcome.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It will be a disaster if Scotland vote Yes, but at the same time it is their choice and if so, then so be it.
Exactly why will it be a disaster?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Please vote yes, I can see labour not wining the next election if the Scots do with half their seats gone....

Bye Bye Scotland, Bye Bye Labour.

So basically you have so much faith in the current administration that you require the Scots to opt out of the UK!?

You are aware regardless of the outcome of the referendum, the general election next year will be voted for by the UK as it currently stands.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
So basically you have so much faith in the current administration that you require the Scots to opt out of the UK!?

You are aware regardless of the outcome of the referendum, the general election next year will be voted for by the UK as it currently stands.

I was joking.

I don't care either way to be honest. If I was Scottish I would vote yes, but I'm not so meh.

The world won't stop turning will it ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What happens to The Union Jack if Jockoland votes 'yes'?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Exactly why will it be a disaster?

It could be,if Scotland were refused the pound and or a credit union,all this sickening talk by some of the Yes campaign that they think we shall let them have England's finance..taken as if we will without even really asking..

I hope they get what they want and they can pay for it too!!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It didn't change when the Republic of Ireland left, but I suspect there will be demands for a new flag. No flag, no country. Its the rules.
We could take the blue out of the UJ.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
It didn't change when the Republic of Ireland left, but I suspect there will be demands for a new flag. No flag, no country. Its the rules.

There was a leaked design which was the same as the current UK flag, except with the blue replaced by white. It would however be nice to see a Welsh dragon on it in one corner in my opinion.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
There was a leaked design which was the same as the current UK flag, except with the blue replaced by white. It would however be nice to see a Welsh dragon on it in one corner in my opinion.

I'd like a dragon it too. Wales should be represented.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
With another Election within a year if it's a Yes vote.

Nobody has mentioned a Scottish general election if it is a yes vote.

Remember, and obviously its up to Scots if they want to live in a fascist state or not, but they are voting on a cause tomorrow, not a government.

They vote traditionally Labour these days (40 out of 59 MPs), and I wonder how easily the SNP will simply fall away once their goal is achieved. Much like UKIP if the UK/rUK ever left the EU.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
It'll be a no vote. More convinced the 48% yes vote is soft than I was this morning. I think it will be a 7-9% margin.

A key indicator is Salmonhead is talking about accepting the result and still working for Scotland if its a no. He is softening the ground and warming the waters of defeat. There is zero, none, no chance he would waste air time on that if he didnt think it'll be a no.

And I tell you who to thank for probably saving the nation; it is the half blind, desk smashing, fear inducing, bully boy, ex-PM, Brown. Credit where credit is due.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
With another Election within a year if it's a Yes vote.

Depends on how UK parliament looks after the loss of the Scottish seats. Obviously in reality it would only effect a Labour elected government in 2015. Labour could plan a coalition if they needed to compensate the seats lost, so there may be no need for another general election here.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
It'll be a no vote. More convinced the 48% yes vote is soft than I was this morning. I think it will be a 7-9% margin.

A key indicator is Salmonhead is talking about accepting the result and still working for Scotland if its a no. He is softening the ground and warming the waters of defeat. There is zero, none, no chance he would waste air time on that if he didnt think it'll be a no.

And I tell you who to thank for probably saving the nation; it is the half blind, desk smashing, fear inducing, bully boy, ex-PM, Brown. Credit where credit is due.

It is certainly admirable what GB has done and irrespective that I am a Jock, the whole concept of Independence for Scotland is so ridiculous in terms of the potential cost to either an Independent Scotland OR to the rump of the existing UK. What we have is an opportunist wishing to make a name for himself in the history books as the 'one' who actually carried this forward (no matter the cost and no matter how irrelevant his argument which is all Nationalistic and with no reference to the 'real' potential issues.

Without any credible idea of where an independent Scotland would go, he is nailing his colours to the mast as the Mourinho of Scottish politics and, following the referendum he will disappear irrespective of the result as he would not wish to be 'found out' when the sh1t could potentially hit the fan.

When my UK employers offered me the opportunity of a promotion to the south of England in 1979, the then status of the SNP was an additional incentive to make that major change to my life but I am certain that it will have been in vain as a NO vote will be forthcoming - 66/34 in my opinion.

Lastly, I hope that the government, in having agreed to this referendum, will have stipulated that no further referendum will be considered for at least a further 50 years given the enormous cost of massaging the persona of that f---head and his cronies.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here