Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you think the Albion will finish in the top six ?

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Top 6 will be a welcome bonus but I don't see it happening this season! Predicted 8th last season and will stick with that unless we bring in some top quality additions.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Let's be fair last season was fantastic, just fell away in the last month, yes Oct / Nov wasn't great but we had loads of injuries.

We will be pushing for top 6, Gus and the board won't settle for anything less. I'm sure there must be a Business Plan with us being top flight 3 to 5 years after moving to The Amex.

Johnnyboy

Sep 25, 2010
North Hampshire
Let's be fair last season was fantastic, just fell away in the last month, yes Oct / Nov wasn't great but we had loads of injuries.

We will be pushing for top 6, Gus and the board won't settle for anything less. I'm sure there must be a Business Plan with us being top flight 3 to 5 years after moving to The Amex.

2 - 4 years to go!!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
ATM no , my opinion may change after the next 3 or 4 signings are announced.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
As of this moment in time we need a left back, a creative midfielder, a box to box midfielder and two strikers. None of the problems of last season apart from the keeper have been rectified and too much effort and energy is being spent on a player who is clearly f***ing us around and there is zero chance of being here next season. Going on the last 14 games of the last season, Poyet's refusal to change tactics and no new players as yet who can make a difference at the right end of the pitch. I'd say our chances of finishing in the top six, are about as good as mine are of getting a blow job from Nicole Kidman...Still there is plenty of time for that to change in the next month or so, just tell Vicente to shape up or ship out and get on with planning an assault on promotion.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Brezovan
v Millwall punched ball to edge of the area, navarro played it back to a millwall player to score, but many blame Brez. Game ended 2-2, could have been a 2-1 win for us, 2pts
v Cardiff punched ball out of the area, cardiff player struck a great goal, no player closed him down, but many blame brez. Game ended 2-2, could have been a 2-1 win for us, 2pts
v West ham one of vaz te's early goal was shot straight at him, perhaps this would have changed the game if saved.

4pts (not guessing any extra v west ham)

Harper
v West ham was caught out of position by bridctt deflection. Game ended 1-0. Might have been able to win if west ham decided to try to sneak it late and so came out of defence a bit more, but that's too much of a supposition, 1pt.

1pt

Ankergren
v Blackpool (h) could have done better with first goal. 2-2 would then have been a 2-1 win. 2pts
v leeds didn't come out for one goal, then when we were 3-2 up needlessly booted the ball upfield deep deep into stoppage time. 2pts
v Millwall should have saved goal. 2pts

6pts

That's 11 points that can be attributed to goal keeping mistakes, those 11 points would have put us fourth. I wouldn't underestimate the importance of improving our keeper.

Guy Crouchback

Jun 20, 2012
That's 11 points that can be attributed to goal keeping mistakes, those 11 points would have put us fourth.
I wouldn't underestimate the importance of improving our keeper.

Well said! It's a terrible cliché but goalkeeper is the last line of defence and the first
line of attack. I can't wait to see Tomasz playing for BHA; it annoyed me to no end
seeing a keeper of his talent sitting on the bench for so many years in Manchester.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
More muscle through defence, midfield and forward lines is needed. We were muscled out last season that is all.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Brezovan
v Millwall punched ball to edge of the area, navarro played it back to a millwall player to score, but many blame Brez. Game ended 2-2, could have been a 2-1 win for us, 2pts
v Cardiff punched ball out of the area, cardiff player struck a great goal, no player closed him down, but many blame brez. Game ended 2-2, could have been a 2-1 win for us, 2pts
v West ham one of vaz te's early goal was shot straight at him, perhaps this would have changed the game if saved.

4pts (not guessing any extra v west ham)

Harper
v West ham was caught out of position by bridctt deflection. Game ended 1-0. Might have been able to win if west ham decided to try to sneak it late and so came out of defence a bit more, but that's too much of a supposition, 1pt.

1pt

Ankergren
v Blackpool (h) could have done better with first goal. 2-2 would then have been a 2-1 win. 2pts
v leeds didn't come out for one goal, then when we were 3-2 up needlessly booted the ball upfield deep deep into stoppage time. 2pts
v Millwall should have saved goal. 2pts

6pts

That's 11 points that can be attributed to goal keeping mistakes, those 11 points would have put us fourth. I wouldn't underestimate the importance of improving our keeper.

Angrekan didn't exactly cover himself in glory at Coventry either and although it was the cup Brez had a howler at Anfield.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Angrekan didn't exactly cover himself in glory at Coventry either and although it was the cup Brez had a howler at Anfield.

I only listed mistakes that cost us goals and points in the league, so while Ankergren's performance v coventry may not have been particularly good, neither of the goals can be directly linked to him, I think (though don't mind being corrected). Also, as no points were at stake, I didn't list Brez's awful performance v liverpool.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
The bookies predict we are going to finish 7th which means we should be in the mix for the play offs but it all depends on who signs who and who gets into financial strife.

Table according to the bookies

Leicester
Bolton
Wolves
Leeds
Blackburn
Cardiff
ALBION
Blackpool
Forest
Middlesboro
Birmingham
Sheff Wed
Charlton
Ipswich
Hull
Burnley
Huddersfield
Watford
Derby
Millwall
Palace
Bristol City
Peterborough
Barnsley

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Well said! It's a terrible cliché but goalkeeper is the last line of defence and the first
line of attack. I can't wait to see Tomasz playing for BHA; it annoyed me to no end
seeing a keeper of his talent sitting on the bench for so many years in Manchester.
Love your avatar by the way.And agree a decent keeper gives confidents to the team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here