Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you think the Albion will finish in the top six ?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
So far, the difference to our squad is loss of navarro, gain of kuszczak and bruno. I'd say we've improved on last season already, and so think we have a good chance of a better finish than last season. Top six? I'm not sure if the improvement is enough yet, but don't think it's so easy to say no at the moment.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Yep. I'm going for 4th. I don't agree that the Championship is going to be harder this season. No West Ham, no Southampton, and the teams coming up wont do too much. Total faith in Gus and Tony to make the signings we need and improve on last season.

But with virtually everyone on this thread saying they aren't expecting to finish top 6, I am going to bounce it when we are sat in 5th or 6th in January but have lost a couple of games in a row and everyone is full of doom and gloom and moaning about how awful everything is.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Not now - but I await new recruits to change my opinion.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
As mentioned this season will be a lot harder.

As things stand I think we would be 10th to 18th

Decent LB , CM and CF and we can go close again and have real aspirations of the play offs.

Personally I would take another season like we just had.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Yes, easily.

How anyone can say categorically mo when we were challenging for all of last season and we already have a stronger squad, I don't know.

Why on Earth are so many people so farking negative.

Also, I don't see how anyone can argue (let alone categorically state) that the division will be a lot harder. It may be a little harder, it may be a little easier, but I think we can be quite sure that it won't be A LOT anything.

Totally agree. An established Premier keeper and a right back who played almost 20 times for Valencia last season. Jesus wept, we've already strengthened significantly.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
With the midfield that we have at present bottom half is all we can expect, but as others have said ask again in two or three weeks.

As I have said on another thread, winning becomes a habit, so does losing!

We had a blinding start due to finishing very strongly in League 1 & of course the Amex factor.

We unfortunately, finished very poorly last year. To turn this round it will take a lot more than bringing in two new faces.

As it stands currently, I think lower half of the table, but not bottom 3.

It is still early doors & I fully expect at least another 4 signings, a forward, defender & defensive cover and then, we should be able to compete in the top half. Get two decent forwards in & we are laughing.

MACROBLUE

Jul 9, 2011
No I don't think we've got a cat in hells chance, we won't get relegated either. The money just isn't there to go up.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I went for 10th last year, and stuck with it throughout the season.

This year I am going for...............

6th!

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Not sure depends who we sign and when we sign them really !!!

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Yes, easily.

How anyone can say categorically mo when we were challenging for all of last season and we already have a stronger squad, I don't know.

Why on Earth are so many people so farking negative.

Also, I don't see how anyone can argue (let alone categorically state) that the division will be a lot harder. It may be a little harder, it may be a little easier, but I think we can be quite sure that it won't be A LOT anything.

To be fair, we were helped by a few decent loanees who don't appear to be coming back. Its not the same squad.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I have a habit of being wrong

so I'll say no

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
As I have said on another thread, winning becomes a habit, so does losing!

We had a blinding start due to finishing very strongly in League 1 & of course the Amex factor.

We unfortunately, finished very poorly last year. To turn this round it will take a lot more than bringing in two new faces.

As it stands currently, I think lower half of the table, but not bottom 3.

It is still early doors & I fully expect at least another 4 signings, a forward, defender & defensive cover and then, we should be able to compete in the top half. Get two decent forwards in & we are laughing.

I think that's not a bad call at all. Too early to know whether we can compete but we will have to turn our end of season form round spectacularly so there's a lot to do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here