Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you think Sami Hyypia's squad is capable of challenging for a top 6 spot?

Do you think Sami Hyypia's squad is capable of challenging for a top 6 spot?

• Yes I do

Votes: 202 93.5%
  • No I don't

Votes: 14 6.5%

• Total voters

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm always hopeful, but can't say where we'll finish as I don't know how strong the other teams are yet.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Definitely strong enough. Now needs the manager to utilise the players in the right way to maximise their potential.

Feeling very positive!

Chris001

Mar 30, 2011
Yes, never doubted it.

TB said be patient, we will have a competitive squad of players by now and he's delivered. Why would anyone doubt him?

scoobiewhite

Jan 29, 2012
Albourne / Brighton
I'm having a £1 on relegation as the last time we made such a panic buying session was in 2009 when SALDE singed such GEMS as Graeme Smith, if this lot don't GEL quickly we're in TROUBLE

I believe we 'GELLED' at Leeds about a week ago. Any league position in the top 6 is achievable. I'm gonna go for 2nd. Just got a feeling this squad and system has a great winning run in it.

Might do really well in a cup as well as we have pace and technical players for the top flight matches.

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
Re post #72

brighton-swimming-club-1863.jpg

(damn these attachments!)

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I think top six will still be a tough ask. But I do believe we will challenge for the top six. I think we now have goals all over the pitch which is very important after losing Ulloa and nice that we won't be just looking at one man for goals.

Only position we lack a little depth is centre back. Fingers crossed we are lucky with injuries and suspensions this season.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think we'll finish 10th. But what the hell do I know. Nothing, that's what.

Extremely happy with today's signing in particular though. Hope I'm wrong and we're at least in the play-offs again. Credit where it's due: the club's done a good job in pulling this round, contrary perhaps to many people's expectations.

No offence, but only divs and relentless miserabilists didn't think the squad would be competitive once business was complete.

I'll happily answer to most names myself, those included...but that's maybe a tad strong about ANYONE who had any doubts when the exit doors were gaping wide open a few weeks back. Anyway.

I think you should be well pleased you got of so lightly there MoH.

Tony saying 'judge me on September the first' should have been more than enough for any fan.
All of you that still insisted on carrying on like a bunch of little girls dumped on prom night should be ashamed of yourselves.

Like you I have no idea where we'll end up, hey we could get relegated.
But right here, right now, once again the club would appear to have done the very best business it could.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
3 of the top 6 are certs (Norwich, forest, derby). Rest is up for grabs for anyone else except Leeds, Rotherham, milwall and Blackpool!

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
All down to Sammi now. He's got the tools - Lets see how he uses them.

If he gets it right - Top two is a real possibility, imo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here