Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Do you think Graham Potter will be our manager at the start of next season?

Do you think Graham Potter will be our manager at the start of next season

• Total voters

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I think this thing all the nervous Nerys's on here have, whether GP stays or goes, is a bit long in the tooth now IMO.
We've had this with Bissouma etc.....
Surely we have to be positive about things now :shrug:

bright265

Nov 27, 2021
I don't think he will be manager as I think he might move on. I think there are several clubs in the league that have greater resources and might be looking for a new manager this summer. Unfortunate, but I think this will be the case.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
A711C70F-ED28-434A-997E-E6310F6B3D89.png

The attraction to Levy is obvious, Potter would be a far smarter operator financially, than Conte who’s consistently politicking about the huge spend he wants this summer.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
poter is far too honourable to go to that shitbag club

Not sure what you mean. Spurs would be a step up the managerial career ladder. If offered the job it would then just come down to timing and the detail. Taking a new job or staying where you are has nothing to do with honour. I would have thought most of us have had to make similar decisions in our lives.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
View attachment 147591

The attraction to Levy is obvious, Potter would be a far smarter operator financially, than Conte who’s consistently politicking about the huge spend he wants this summer.

What an absolute load of utterly baseless speculation. Didn’t think the Torygraph usually scraped the barrel with such crap. Almost as bad as the BBC’s pointless ‘Gossip’ page drawn from the papers and 96% fiction to fill column inches. That said, Potter will surely end up in North London, if not next season, then the one after.

What’s equally laughable is this Conte is the messiah stuff, as if he’d likely walk from a gig like Spurs in a hurry and walk into somewhere like Real or Barca.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Yes... the top clubs that might be tempting want instant success . Potter has shown the way to build a team slowly, bring in young unknown players, mold them to his style to make a team.
Not many owners would be as patient as TB.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Yes... the top clubs that might be tempting want instant success . Potter has shown the way to build a team slowly, bring in young unknown players, mold them to his style to make a team.

I thought he hit the ground running, perhaps setting expectations a bit too high. Certainly the wins at home to Spurs then away to Arsenal set a high bar in those first 3 months. Then them form dropped off a bit as it does when you have players needing to be at 100% of their ability every game, and the pandemic hit.

Not sure about the slowly though, thought he had a instant impact in our confidence, style of play, tactics and using young players.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Yes, on balance I think he will be still at the albion.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018

This is why I reckon we've got him a couple more years and then he'll go to Liverpool. They are the only club in the league that's a step up that also has fans and owners who have demonstrated they can be patient as long as the manager has a team that plays football the "right" way and that the manager is emotionally intelligent and "gets" the fans. Potter can do all that and starting from a decent squad would get enough good results to get the time to work his magic. A couple more decent seasons with us and I think he'll follow Klopp. Anywhere else I don't reckon he'd get the time or support to do what he's done with us. From the Liverpool perspective it feels like it works too - he's their type of manager and a safe pair of hands that wouldn't rock the boat and if it all goes wrong relatively easy to replace with a big name if needed.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003

A convenient way of seeing it for BHA fans for me. GP’s modus operandi is unlikely to deter a top club imho. Next year will be the 3rd or 4th season of Arteta’s ‘learning curve’ at Arsenal.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Potter brought a very different style and managed to adapt the existing squad with the initial addition of Webster, Trossard and Maupay. He has subsequently given playing time to several young prospects who don't get such chances at a top 6 side often. Sanchez, Lamptey, Alzate, Caicedo, Moder, MacAllister, Sarmiento, Connolly.

Potter will want to be able to operate in a similar manner to compliment his philosophies and knows that time is rarely given at a top club.

If he improves us by 6/7 points again next season then he will be linked with several jobs

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here